test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shield Regen?

l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hello folks,

I understand the shield regen passive has been reduced with the patch today... I am concerned it went too far and affected the baseline regen skills as well or I am just missing it? I ran a STF today and my regen has been drastically reduced.

What are opinions here? I knew it was out of control before, but now it seems (keyword) that we went to the other extreme.

Thanks
Locutus
Locutus

Delirium Tremens
Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
http://dtfleet.com/
Post edited by l0cutus359 on

Comments

• stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Instead of fixing the bug, gathering data and then deciding whether the original ability levels were overtuned, Cryptic decided to fix the bug (that made the ability six times more powerful than it should have been) and on top of that implement a 66-75% nerf at the same time.

The only people who are going to really notice a difference over not having the ability (in it's current state) are those with builds emphasizing passive shield regeneration.

So in short, yes they overreacted.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Overracted is right. The last instance of ISE I played ended with a mutual agreement to bail. The spheres were on steriods and the last tac cube was one-shotting everything

Ran ISE after the patch last night, didn't have any problems. So I disagree with half your post. As for the rest of it, they did go a little too far with the nerf hammer.

Direct quote:
    "DRASTICALLY reduced shield regen..."

Yeah, no kidding. Let's see... we went from 1000/1 second down to 250/6. Um. Wow. I mean the original LISTED value was 1000/6. If they had put it back there, and given us what was originally intended, that would have been fine, but as is, they not only bug fixed it, but then annihilated it. 250/6 almost isn't noticeable, at least not as far as it's intent, which is fighting the Borg.

Too much guys, too much.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • silverrain79silverrain79 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, we did an ISE too... No difference, same ISE.
    Delirium Tremens
    XO of Training
    Tier 5 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy, Tier 3 Dilithium Mine, Tier 3 Spire
    Join us at www.dtfleet.com
  • thedragon1976thedragon1976 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    at least they should reset the skill points from the omega reputation when they implement such a heavy nerf ...

as it is now the tier 4 rep shield reg is totally useless ...

really great work *rolleyes*
  • atlasmk7atlasmk7 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am also quite peeved that the skill received such a giant nerf and giving no ability to switch passives. I realize the skill was crazy OP before, but the skill is completely useless now.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    here Cryptic go again.
    Rep awards so i can unchoose this power you have made practically totally useless.

Getting so fed up with the bugs and time outs on your lagfest server then you go and do this.

Wish Season7 never happened.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . Also, the inappropriate misspelling of Cryptic has to stop. ~Bluegeek
  • silverrain79silverrain79 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I concur. The shield regen passive is negligible, contrary to what someone else is saying on another post... I chose that passive specifically b/c of the stats, and now it's marginally useful at best. Yes it was OP and going off too often, and it needed to be fixed, but I still don't think it's doing what it's supposed to be doing. Gods forbid we get something USEFUL to give us an edge in HOSE. At least the ground traits seem to be performing as promised, so far...
    Delirium Tremens
    XO of Training
    Tier 5 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy, Tier 3 Dilithium Mine, Tier 3 Spire
    Join us at www.dtfleet.com