test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No goodies from snowball fight?

jonbrejonbre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in The Academy
Hey all, so I've been partaking in the festivities at Q's Winter Wonderland, but I've been having trouble getting any of the goodies you need to buy the jackets, etc.

Is there a person I have to go to in order to properly participate? Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Eline: "The rest of us have been gone a thousand years. If you remember what we were, and how we lived, then we'll have found life again." / Picard: "Eline..."
Eline: "Now we live in you. Tell them of us... my darling." -The Inner Light
Post edited by jonbre on

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jonbre wrote: »
    Hey all, so I've been partaking in the festivities at Q's Winter Wonderland, but I've been having trouble getting any of the goodies you need to buy the jackets, etc.

Is there a person I have to go to in order to properly participate? Thanks!
    There's no one to see in the Q's Winter Wonderland, but the rewards for participating appear to based on raw DPS, so you need to pick your targets and throw like theirs no tomorrow (Mayan Calendar not withstanding...) if you want those drops...

A investment in one of those snow guns would greatly help you in doing this...

Now I've been in events (twice now...) where the Snowman Overload disappears before the timer expires, leaving no rewards, so might have encountered this particular bug...
  • jonbrejonbre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the reply - so the snowball fight and the lobi crystals are the only way to get these goodies, right??

Thanks! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eline: "The rest of us have been gone a thousand years. If you remember what we were, and how we lived, then we'll have found life again." / Picard: "Eline..."
    Eline: "Now we live in you. Tell them of us... my darling." -The Inner Light
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You can also constantly dig through Snowball piles. Very rarely, Event stuff pops up in addition to the 20 Snowballs you normally get. That also includes tags needed for the Breeding activities as well.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the reply - so the snowball fight and the lobi crystals are the only way to get these goodies, right??

Thanks! :D
    It is also possible to get Winter Collectables by getting a crit on one of the 'Winter' Doff assignments available on ESD, Starfleet Academy as well as Q's Winter Wonderland...
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Now I've been in events (twice now...) where the Snowman Overload disappears before the timer expires, leaving no rewards, so might have encountered this particular bug...

The Overlord will despawn regardless of the time left if the 15 minutes from the start of the event expires, and the countdown for the PVP race begins.
  • labtinnionlabtinnion Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2012

There's always the exchange.
    STAR TREK ONLINE Our ongoing Mission:
    --> To constantly seek better ships
    --> To acquire and upgrade bigger weapons
    --> To boldly grind what everyone has ground before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]