test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ok lets accept the inevitable ... the end is in sight!

lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Ten Forward
So the 21st december is doomsday. What will you do the next 2 days. (stop running for the breenship) :D

I will grab an kiss beautiful women as many as possible :)
Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
Post edited by lordmanzelot on

Comments

• crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You'll end up spending the next 2 days in jail.
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If the world does end, it would be worth it.

But, if it doesn't. He'll spend more than 2 days in jail... lol
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Think about this for a moment...

For anybody who happens to die on the 21st... It will be the End of the World.

I'm just going to try and survive till Saturday.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    *Comes in with broom and starts sweeping*

*looks up*

Hey, what the hell. The world ended last week. What are all you people doing here? Go on, get our ya vagrants.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can confirm that the World will NOT end this week
    This year
    or even this decade

As you were gentlemen
    Live long and Prosper
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    I can confirm that the World will NOT end this week
    This year
    or even this decade

As you were gentlemen

Dammit !! I'd blown all my Dilithium on 3 Orions girls, 40 crates of Romulan ale an and 2 days on Wrigleys pleasure planet (VIP rooms)!!

Thats the last prophecy I buy into !! :P

It had better not end, I dont get my Breen ship until the 28th!! lol :D
    server_hamster6.png
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just for some fun, that galactic alignment is actually happening today. Already happened, in fact, about an hour ago if I'm converting the time table correctly. Happens every year, though the best alignment of our lifetimes happened in 1998 - the ecliptic is sliding away from the galactic core every year since then.

Even 1998 was a crappy alignment. It was 8 full moons away from the actual galactic center. This year it didn't even come within 10, and in a few more years it'll be 11. Even from the astrological perspective, ignoring that astronomy doesn't care, that's not a close enough conjunction to even count, the most generous tables don't track anything more than five full moons apart.

However, the REAL fun? The person principally behind this doomsday (as well as failed doomsdays in 2003, 5, 7, 10, and 11) is Nancy Lieder. She has an online Q&A chat session scheduled for the day after her own doomsday prediction.

Now there's confidence for you. Not the fact that she clearly doubts her own prediction, but that she'll brave internet trolls in a poorly moderated environment on the very day of her failure.
  • januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nancy Leider....ye gods, there's a piece of work. I hang around on a science forum that had a whole section dedicated to debunking her TRIBBLE back when she was really going bonkers...telling people to put their pets down to "spare them" the pain of the end of the world.

I was wondering if she were still lurking in her madhouse somewhere.
    edited December 2012
    Yep, she's been sliding her doomsday back bit by bit as key events fail to happen. She was pretty big behind the 12/21/12 theory, but of course that one spiraled way beyond just her. By the looks of it she's gearing up for another delay. I wonder if she'll give it her usual 1-3 year nudge or only push it to the 26th - we've got a likely first-orbit comet coming within 1 AU of Earth that day that's already getting attention as a second chance for Nibiru to show its face.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't know about the 21st, but I can guarantee that by the 23rd, there will be a lot of people alive who will have come to the conclusion that they are, in fact, gullible idiots.
    hevach wrote: »
    However, the REAL fun? The person principally behind this doomsday (as well as failed doomsdays in 2003, 5, 7, 10, and 11) is Nancy Lieder. She has an online Q&A chat session scheduled for the day after her own doomsday prediction.

Now there's confidence for you. Not the fact that she clearly doubts her own prediction, but that she'll brave internet trolls in a poorly moderated environment on the very day of her failure.
    No doubt it's all about publicity. Her 5 minutes of fame if you like. People have been remembered for worse.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Quick question: Does the world end earlier, or later for new Zealand, as they are one of the first contries to get hit by 21'st?

Just need to know if I should find a better timezone (GMT+1 in my case), as I have some things I need to get done before the 22'nd, and if NZ gets less time than me, I guess I will be fine.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i will go to some bet-office, place all my money on "this wont be the end". either i am a rich person or we are all dead anyway.
    What ? Calaway.
  • kuronyra76kuronyra76 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I will watch the movie and take some popcorn. :)
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hevach wrote: »
    However, the REAL fun? The person principally behind this doomsday (as well as failed doomsdays in 2003, 5, 7, 10, and 11) ....

This. I would be more concerned about the whole "end of the world" if it wasn't predicted to end several times in the two decades alone, and yet despite all "evidence" it continues to exist. So yes, not really concerned about the 21st.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Officially its Mayan time (Dawn ish)

unofficially it won't happen

the mayan long count is about PLANTING MAIZE nothing else
    Live long and Prosper
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Quick question: Does the world end earlier, or later for new Zealand, as they are one of the first contries to get hit by 21'st?

Just need to know if I should find a better timezone (GMT+1 in my case), as I have some things I need to get done before the 22'nd, and if NZ gets less time than me, I guess I will be fine.

I've been wondering that too.

If I had to ponder a guess, I'd say maybe more a Western hemisphere time zone, just because the Mayans were on that side of the planet.

At least if that's true, it might end up happening while those of us in the Americas will be asleep.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited December 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    Officially its Mayan time (Dawn ish)

unofficially it won't happen

the mayan long count is about PLANTING MAIZE nothing else

This one's not even their long count. There's two more units of time above the baktun. The thirteenth baktun is ending this week, but the first piktun doesn't end until right around the 48th Century, and there's eight thousand (?) piktuns in an alaurun. Their calendar doesn't actually "end" for another 63 million years, and even then it just rolls over to the start again to kick off the second alaurun.

They're units of time as arbitrary as our decade or century, and the whole thing is even less astronomically accurate than our mess that we have to keep poking back and forth to keep lined up. When one ends, you just increment the number and start over.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    kuronyra76 wrote: »
    I will watch the movie and take some popcorn. :)

Good grief, that was a terrible movie. Spare yourself the unlrealism of it and watch something else. :D

...No, seriously. (but if you really want to, go ahead)

I am going to wake up on the 22nd and laugh.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It did have great effects, in fact that's what I'll be doing midnight the 20th, drinking rye and coke and watching 2012, In fact I'll make it a doomsday festival and watch all of the end of the world type movies, beats the hell out of more Christmas specials.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    maxvitor wrote: »
    It did have great effects, in fact that's what I'll be doing midnight the 20th, drinking rye and coke and watching 2012, In fact I'll make it a doomsday festival and watch all of the end of the world type movies, beats the hell out of more Christmas specials.

The effects were nice, but what I was pointing out was the whole plot to it. (spoilers ahead; highlight to see them) The whole Chinese built Noah's arks at the end was stupid (basically the whole movie was IMO), but it was fun to poke 'Made in China' at.(end spoiler)
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Like I've said before it will just be another day nothing will have happened except maybe some crackpot cult will commit mass suicide like Heaven's Gate did when Hale-Bopp came by.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    (not to derail or anything just a quick question)

The end of the world nonsense is always jsut that, nonsense,

but in what way is the world supposed to be ending by the way? i was chatting to a friend today about it, then figured.. i have no idea HOW the world will end

Sun exploding?
    The rapture (lol)
    Freak storms?
    FLoods
    Radiation?
    Ice age?

What is the 'theme' of THIS 'end of the world'
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    (not to derail or anything just a quick question)

The end of the world nonsense is always jsut that, nonsense,

but in what way is the world supposed to be ending by the way? i was chatting to a friend today about it, then figured.. i have no idea HOW the world will end

Sun exploding?
    The rapture (lol)
    Freak storms?
    FLoods
    Radiation?
    Ice age?

What is the 'theme' of THIS 'end of the world'

Broken Clocks.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited December 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    As said, I still think that, when the world does end, there won't be any humans living on it. The human race will have wiped itself out centuries before the world itself ends.

I didnt dispute that :p, i was asking what is supposed to happen this friday :p, wondering if the doomsayers even have bothered to think of what is supposed to kill us all ^^
    daveyny wrote: »
    Broken Clocks.

EGAD!
    how will we function.. ah we wont therefore we all die :P
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
    edited December 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The event is supposedly a timed event that'll occur at the moment the Mayan calender ends. In otherwords - none of the fools who dreamed this nonsense up actually know.

so its the equivalent of someone flipping the light switch titled 'the world' off :P
    Seems lazy they couldn't even be bothered to come up with something inventive like griffons descending from the sky or the trees uproot and start hunting people down 8-)

there was a news story about some village in france near a mountain where aliens reside in the mountain, will offer people a lift of earth when it happens XD, part of me thinks rumour.. but some people are daft enough to beieve that cobblers too ^^
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm thinking about making a Stela to record the event.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Myans or not, i'm reminded of the old Y2K bug that was supposed to send our economy back to the dark ages, but sadly all I got out of Y2K was a plushie bug that make a glass breaking sound when it hit the floor. Lol.. ahh the good old days!
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ooops im still alive its 10:22 pm (22:22) european time. ok lets focus the next doomsday ...
    ... maybe thats the last :D
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Don't Drink The Kool-aid!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2012