test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Video Tutorial] Infected Ground Elite

matrixaranmatrixaran Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited December 2012 in The Academy
I'd like to present my take on a video tutorial for Infected Ground Elite. The video covers everything from gear selection, to the optional objective, to the boss fight and lasts only ten minutes. The STFs can sound intimidating but I've always found them quite simple in practice. I hope this video can serve as a good resource for folks who want to start playing STFs but aren't quite sure if they're up for it.

Link
Post edited by matrixaran on

Comments

• Options
    areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Extremely good job, I love this tutorial. Frankly I wish we had one like this for all STFs, both ground and space, and have them stickied so new players can see what they're supposed to do so things like optionals don't get screwed up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Thank you for the kind words.

With any luck this won't be the only tutorial I'll make. I've some plans to work on either Cure Ground or Into the Hive Ground next, it just depends on how much free time I have.
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This has to be in game and it should have been done by cryptic :mad:

on topic: very good tutorial ,pro made .Hope people will see it and play more IGE .
  • Options
    mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Very nice job Matrix.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Handy. I did try a run once but it ended in utter failure in the second room, never even got to the third hostage.

I do have a question: in the final battle you mentioned to stop firing if you get a blue circle on you. I couldn't tell what it looks like because the camera was on the boss at the time, not on a captain. Also, you never say WHY to stop shooting. Is it a confuse, does it heal her, hurt you? What happens?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Good questions. That line about the blue circle is a bit out of sync, its something that slipped and I never really caught it until it was too late, but its basically that giant blue circle on the fellow shooting at the boss with a fleet phaser, its on him just a bit before that line comes up.

The circle's effect is similar to the feedback pulse space ability. It reflects your damage back at you. With decent enough gear you can tank it like the fellow in the video is doing, but its not something I recommend trying without previous experience.
  • Options
    glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    AMAZING JOB!!!! This should be required viewing to gain the rank of Vice Admiral!!!!