test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fastest Game on Ice is too easy

darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
I like playing this game as it presents challenge. The Fastest Game on Ice presents none. It is far too easy to beat and has now become a chore. Please, Devs, speed up our foes. Make it a challenge that we need to do our best on to succeed. I'm tired of giving them a headstart to make it interesting!!
Post edited by darramouss1 on

Comments

• twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I like playing this game as it presents challenge. The Fastest Game on Ice presents none. It is far too easy to beat and has now become a chore. Please, Devs, speed up our foes. Make it a challenge that we need to do our best on to succeed. I'm tired of giving them a headstart to make it interesting!!

*pssst*

It's a fun time winter game designed to distract you for a short bit. It's not an STF.
    <3
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2012

If you want a challenge during the race, play at the 0:29 or 0:59 mark of every hour. The snowmen will attack you as you go around the track. It certainly shakes things up.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you want a challenge during the race, play at the 0:29 or 0:59 mark of every hour. The snowmen will attack you as you go around the track. It certainly shakes things up.

Since the last patch not a single one has attacked me as I do the race. I thought they did that on purpose. Are other people getting attacked?
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its kinda easy for me. But I challenge my self to see how fast I can do it. The next time. Plus I'm getting a Breen ship for doing a small race. Just for 25 days in a row. So I can easily take a few mins for it.

Did the race at several different times. I have yet saw snowmen or anything attack me. A option to turn off/on would be attackers. That would be neat so a person can add challenge once they master it on regular. To add something to it. Other than that, I like doing it. And by new years I will be in a sweet Breen ship.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Since the last patch not a single one has attacked me as I do the race. I thought they did that on purpose. Are other people getting attacked?

I am. It's pretty annoying, at least for me.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What I hate is that the popup boxes of the countdown stay on the screen for so long after the race starts - I can't see the path until they fade away. Extremely annoying.

(I also lose almost every race, but that's because of the known graphics problem freezing the game and flashing black and then back to the game.... several times a minute.)
  • goodoleboy01goodoleboy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »
    *pssst*

It's a fun time winter game designed to distract you for a short bit. It's not an STF.

^ This. If you don't like how easy it is, continue to run it. Get you Chel Gett cruiser and keep it till they make it so you can trade it a LONG time from now. Then give it to me.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you think it is too easy, then give the npc a 10 second headstart. Or try it when the game gets laggy. Or do the entire race wearing frosted boots
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Actually I lost this a couple times. I guess I'm just no good at running, even in video games. :(
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Actually I lost this a couple times. I guess I'm just no good at running, even in video games. :(

Everyone loses once in a while. Just today I made the stupid mistake of opening my inventory halfway through. :rolleyes:

If you're having trouble making the turns, try rolling. You don't slide at all when you roll.

On another note, more often than not Q forgets to spawn a minion for me to race, and I just run it alone. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I keep myself entertained by queueing up as soon as possible after someone else starts their race and trying to pass the npc they're racing against.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    On another note, more often than not Q forgets to spawn a minion for me to race, and I just run it alone. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Last year I never once had anyone to race. The first few races this year, nothing either. I honestly assumed it was just a "run around the track, get your prize" kinda deal until suddenly other racers started getting spawned.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They redesigned the race so that the snowmen can no longer attack you as you run the race.

They also said that the race is supposed to become easier with practice as it's a vehicle to get you to play to claim your free ship.
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I like playing this game as it presents challenge. The Fastest Game on Ice presents none. It is far too easy to beat and has now become a chore. Please, Devs, speed up my foes. Make it a challenge that I need to do my best on to succeed. I'm tired of giving them a headstart to make it interesting!!

There, fixed for you.
    You can always walk instead of running by the way
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • overthetopsighoverthetopsigh Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I still see some people failing this race out there =(

I keep having fun with the race by trying to beat my best time.

If you goto your logs after finishing the race it will tell you the best time.

Mine is 1:58.

I was really hot during that race, but I could do a bit better. It'd be really neat if we could get our ghost in there like how other racing games have.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hm no, thanks. I still fail a fair amount of time a day, especially because of lag since the last update. It's not easy and i'm just doing it for the ship, not for the race itself, considering how much i suck at such arcade games. :P
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I still see some people failing this race out there =(

I keep having fun with the race by trying to beat my best time.

If you goto your logs after finishing the race it will tell you the best time.

Mine is 1:58.

I was really hot during that race, but I could do a bit better. It'd be really neat if we could get our ghost in there like how other racing games have.

That's an awesome tipp and idea. Thanks :-)

An elite version with faster NSC would be cool. So that you would have the choice :-) Choice is always a good thing :-)
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It is easy indeed, but I see it as a symphatatic gesture of Cryptic. Everybody and his/her dog can get the ship now.

I make it challenging by
    - giving the NPC a headstart
    - trying to overlap the one who started before you
    - running at top speed all the way without jumping or rolling, just turn sharp at the right moment.

The animations for sliding and stumbling are gorgeous. My thumbs are up for the devs here.

Finally, if you want a challenge, go to the group race.
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Amazing what people complain about, the race takes between 1:30-1:40 a day, and its a chore now?
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They can make it harder when they fix the lag issues, I've had to redo it plenty of times this year because the lag was so bad I literally was teleporting all over, usually making me go out of bounds and lose.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Maybe the "Fastest Game on Ice" is sponsored by Staples?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NojiCsZQSr8