test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Tier 4 - Underground Ruin Feedback

azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
Cutscene with D'Tan:

Liked the dialogue and the two discoveries revealed in it. But felt the volume was down too low, the music easily overwhelmed it. So you have to play with music turned off to hear them.

Underground Ruins:

The Ruins is in a Volcano, then why doesn't the outside reflect this? Vastam Peaks seems more like a Volcanic zone than the Ruins. Or you trying to go for more or a Yellowstone feel?

Inside, don't get why we got Romulanesque architecture. Is it from the First Romulan Settlers? Or did the Romulans took inspriation from it?

BOFF EV Suits:

While it said you needed EV Suits, I only had 1 spare with my BOFFs and used to keep the medic on hand while the others died off. Be nice if Cryptic provided somekind of EV Storage than taking up precious inventory space.

Final Room - Uncompletable:

Got to the final room and while reading the dialogue, I was attacked by the Tholians (people like to read dialogue the first time), and after the battle was over, I was stuck. I couldn't do a single thing except kill a infinitely spawning Tholian group.

So Cryptic really dropped the ball here.

Overall Score: C

1) Needs a better storyline than shoot things up.

2) Revise it so you don't attack until you understand what to do.

Before the Tholians attacked me, I caught a glimpse mentioning consoles, but not sure what to do with it. There was no interactable consoles after the fighting was done. So this needs to be improved.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I had a slightly different bug.

you have to keep 2 of the 4 consoles working. you have 3 minutes to defend the room from attacks. one console at a time will flash and needs looking at.

once the 3 minutes are up, the boss should spawn and then you defeat it.

the problem i had is after killing the boss, it took 2-3 minutes for the final dialogue to appear. i almost left thinking it was broken. i had to start moving towards the exit, back the way i had came for it to appear.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Looks like they need to go back and fix the mission. Lots more people are running into all sorts of problems.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My problem is that the cut scene ends "to the sound of crickets". Because there is no mission pop-up I didn't know to go and find it until I came to the forums. :/
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2012
    Finished it on the first try. I thought it was brilliant.

Are you sure were playing the same game?
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I finished it first go, to get the end box to come up just wander to the exit of the room - true they dont make that clear enough
  • Options
    tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ditto, finished the mission on the first go with no problems, although I just happened to be near the center platform on the side close to the doorway in the last room right when I killed the boss. The base looks rather cool actually. The mission objectives should still probably say to go to the Underground Ruins after the cutscene though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What Cutscene with D'Tan? I have not had any cutscrenes since the first mission.
  • Options
    matth431matth431 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is a nice mission, but I agree with those saying it's a pain having to store your BOFFs armor while you give them suits for the mission, then having to store the suits while you do anything else... if it's some ploy to make money by forcing us to buy extra inventory or bank slots, then I suspect this isn't going to make much headway but.. here goes...

... how about a second "armour" slot on our character dolls devoted solely to Environment Suits or similar? Whilst some of the higher-end Nukara stuff can be quite good, I wouldn't replace my standard armor with it for regular PvE/PvP... so there shouldn't be any worries about players hot-swapping outfits. Just allow us to store a suit on the doll "inactive" but ready to deploy without taking up room in inventory. Especially if we're likely to get more of this sort of mission.

Alternatively, just auto-suit the BOFFs in standard EV suits (the same way my Quantum Duplicates get the plain white suits whilst I'm in the Crsytalline Shell version).
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, if you have more than 4 BOFFs you could have the extra ones carry the suits. Personally, I bought some cheapo suits off the exchange for a few hundred EC each, and tossed them after the mission. They're not worth holding on to when that one-shot mission is the only place to use them.

But a separate slot for env suits would be useful. For the player anyway.

Only bug I encountered in the mission was having to approach the exit of the boss room for the mission complete to trigger.
  • Options
    oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    thought the tholian captain was freaking unreasonable
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    2) Revise it so you don't attack until you understand what to do.

Before the Tholians attacked me, I caught a glimpse mentioning consoles, but not sure what to do with it. There was no interactable consoles after the fighting was done. So this needs to be improved.

Set BOs on passive. Let them do the work (if your BOs have proper SKills, you have to do nothing in that fight (sad, isnt it?). Look on the mini-screens.

Suits are free in "Boldly the road" at starting point.