test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Advantages of a 2nd toon

twistedvaccinetwistedvaccine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Federation Discussion
Ive been playing the same toon since beta, i tried KDF for a while but i wasn't a fan.

so can anyone give me some of the main advantages of creating a 2nd fed toon?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by twistedvaccine on

Comments

• Options
    admsimadmsim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, with another you can do double the dilithium gathering once at that level for starters. Also double the doff recruiting from SFA to use for fleet stuff or just to sell. Just about anything you can do to farm, gather or obtain that is tradeable with your current toon you can do with a 2nd one.

I have a KDF toon for the contraband farming and the hope that Cryptic will one day flesh out that faction and make them fun.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    "STO is like a box of chocolates, you never know what bug you're gonna get."

Original Join Date: Jan 2010
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ive been playing the same toon since beta, i tried KDF for a while but i wasn't a fan.

so can anyone give me some of the main advantages of creating a 2nd fed toon?

It's good to have all the different class characters (Tac, eng, sci) to figure which one suits you better and to develop different tactics of play. I have times where I am more on an Engi' kick, or Sci or Tac'. Knowing all three classes helped me learn to play the game betterby hashing out what and who works better where. Also some missions benefit from having a mix of classes and if you can cover all bases, your better off teamwork wise.

The extra resource aquirement through additional doff missions and exchange sale capabilites help out well too.I have three toons in a fleet and between them (mostly via doff missions) I have ben able to contribute about 2 million fleet points worth of assetts to my fleet. As a student in college, busting my brains out with schoolwork, I didnt have the time to grind the missions as much this last semester but with the number of toons and doff missions done, I am still one of the highest contributing members of my fleet.
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It all depends on what you want to get out of the game. Different classes (tact, sci, eng) can give you a chance to try different builds.

Not counting various "Aliens" I hope to one day be part of their respective Factions, I have 10 Federation characters, even if you eliminate the Xindi and Ocampa "Aliens" from that group, you still have 8 alts all different species, because I like the idea of playing various different races.
  • Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You ask about a 2nd. I have 14, 10 feds 4 kdf. 4 tacts, 3 engi's, 3 sci, 2 tac kdf,1 sci, 1 engi.

Why so many, different builds on each one, different ships, different setups,different designs. Keeps it fun if i get bored of one character to switch to another. A different took for different scenarios.
  • Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Moar Dilithium.
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My second toon is a non-combat toon. All she does is DOFF missions and process contraband from both toons and easily makes the 8k refining limit, giving me 16k refined each day.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    there are over 60 combinations or race+ profession+ ship that I wish to try out
    thus many many alts are needed
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It gives you a chance to play a different play style. I got a Fed Engineer Captain. And plan on creating a 2nd to try Tactical. I got the idea running around a female character packing double pistols.

Plus like the others say, you will double your amount of Dil, and other stuff you can do.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Depends on what you want to do with it. I have four characters, my main character I see as my primary Player Character. I have two other Federation characters, both of whom I created for story reasons. The first is a Romulan exile who joined Starfleet when the Empire attacked his colony in retaliation for seeking Federation aid in the wake of the Hobus disaster. The second is a Klingon from the 29th Century, whose Wells class time ship was captured by the Tholians and trapped in the Azure Nebula, until he and his officers were able to escape during a Starfleet raid on the facility.

My KDF character I built up to be a recurring character in a series of Foundry missions I've started about my characters and the fleet they're part of. I've not had much chance to play him, only got to the Devidian missions in the KDF storyline, but I'm hoping to get the chance to finish levelling him up once I finish levelling my my new 29th century character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There is an advantage to multiple toons beyond DOFF missions and dilithium. When I play with my fleetmates, we can roll through missions very quickly. When we've run through 3 or 4 missions we like, we don't have to run one we don't like or wait 30 minutes before starting up again. When you have a good group together, you don't want to split the team up, so you swap to another toon and you can play the same missions again on the new toons , maybe get a full fed team to run fleet alerts or something like that.