test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rommy Store Discount- 40%

cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
At this point, Cryptic, you want to the Rommy Store to work based on the STF's- we get that.
What you need to get is that since you designed the game to max Rommy marks for bunny breeding every 7 to 8 days, AND you don't actaully have any content even close to STF's to balance it out, it is time for a 40% discount of all the items in the store.
Giving 300 marks for an item might throw you into cardiac arrest, but it is inline with 8 days for a bunny or five different sector patrols at 60 marks each. Keeping the prices the same as they are not without a mechanism for generatoring marks is the best way to get your customers burned out.

Bring the prices inline with the content you actually provide.

Face reality...
Post edited by cletusdeadman on

Comments

• Options
    ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd just like some STF equivalents. I mean, hell, I can get 60+ Omega Marks in one 15 minute STF, and then do 2 more, so I can have almost 200 in less than a hour.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ericsonxx wrote: »
    I'd just like some STF equivalents.

As long as we also get some New Romulus equivalents on Defera in exchange. :P
    (although I am down to 600 rom marks - bought the other two Reman space pieces this afternoon)
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Yeah I think it's daft that the prices are on par with the Omega gear, considering as you say, you can get Omega Marks by the droves in very little time. The Romulan stuff should be cheaper, or they should reward more for the available missions to put the availability at levels with Omega Marks.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah I think it's daft that the prices are on par with the Omega gear, considering as you say, you can get Omega Marks by the droves in very little time. The Romulan stuff should be cheaper, or they should reward more for the available missions to put the availability at levels with Omega Marks.

I agree.

They should have launched several Romulan STFs along with S7.

Instead they added more Fleet Event type scenarios, which are quite frankly the type of bad missions with weak enemies that people constantly deride this game for.

There needs to be a way to earn Rom marks faster and that reward group play better (the current group rewards are awful, you're better off soloing most stuff).
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Very much this.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sorry, I disagree. I don't feel the prices are too over the top or anything on getting the store unlocks.

The big, really expensive Mk XII sets, that I can understand.

I think a lot of folks are still gliding on their stashes of Omega Marks from season 6, so they don't feel the hurt on those yet.

What I mean is, when folks start hitting tier 5, and they start using up all those stores of marks, then they are going to have to really grind their way with STFs.

At least Romulan marks, you won't have to do so.

Enjoy turning in Winter Epohhs while you can, they are pretty much free marks for the time being.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am finding Romulan Marks are so much easier to obtain than Omega Marks. In fact, I would prefer a 40% Omega Mark discount than a Romulan Mark discount.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    I am finding Romulan Marks are so much easier to obtain than Omega Marks. In fact, I would prefer a 40% Omega Mark discount than a Romulan Mark discount.

mind informing us what you do then?

because im sitting on omega mark seats.....and a small pile of rom marks for a cushion.

Omega marks are still a massive amount per hour thing lol (grinding stfs like the energizer bunny)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    cynder2012 wrote: »

Don't know about starkaos, but I've been doing the solo Defera ground missions. Which take longer/more effort than New Romulus ground, and give less payout. And a periodic sector defense for 10 marks.

(Rom side, I've been raising Epohhs, doing whichever ground zone has the daily extra bonus, and doing the Nequencia trade mission for the Tau Dewa Patrol daily. Between regular epohhs and winter epohhs, I'm thinking of dropping back to just those. Much less time involved, since it's just daily doff assignments and a couple minutes of tag farming. Swimming in Rom marks.)
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    kiralyn wrote: »
    (Rom side, I've been raising Epohhs, doing whichever ground zone has the daily extra bonus, and doing the Nequencia trade mission for the Tau Dewa Patrol daily. Between regular epohhs and winter epohhs, I'm thinking of dropping back to just those. Much less time involved, since it's just daily doff assignments and a couple minutes of tag farming. Swimming in Rom marks.)

hmm thats true...guess I'll have to get a tagging team together with my fleet buddies lol...im making use of the Winter ones right now hhaha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    cynder2012 wrote: »

because im sitting on omega mark seats.....and a small pile of rom marks for a cushion.

Omega marks are still a massive amount per hour thing lol (grinding stfs like the energizer bunny)

Run the ISE during the reputation bonus event for two characters. Ran more STFs since Season 7 compared to the last couple of years since the only set that interested me is the Borg set. Basically, I can't run more than 2 STFs at a time. When getting 400 Romulan Marks only requires about 10 minutes of work and Omega Marks gives under 100 Omega Marks for under 20 minutes of work, then Romulan Marks are much easier to obtain.
  • Options
    dertylondertylon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We have the heavy stf-players who are complaining that rom. marks are to difficult to get &
    The non-stf players who are complaining that omega marks are too difficult to get...

I wonder which group the dev. will follow... ;)
  • Options
    kara445kara445 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Run the ISE during the reputation bonus event for two characters. Ran more STFs since Season 7 compared to the last couple of years since the only set that interested me is the Borg set. Basically, I can't run more than 2 STFs at a time. When getting 400 Romulan Marks only requires about 10 minutes of work and Omega Marks gives under 100 Omega Marks for under 20 minutes of work, then Romulan Marks are much easier to obtain.

Hooo Wait ! I don't understand how you do 400 Romulian marks in 10 minutes, for me is not possible or i miss something because thje most i can do is something like 200 per hours
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    kara445 wrote: »
    Hooo Wait ! I don't understand how you do 400 Romulian marks in 10 minutes, for me is not possible or i miss something because thje most i can do is something like 200 per hours

Epohh farming. It's ten minutes, but it's spread over a few days of 20h doff assignments. Once you have an epohh raised up to Elder, you can turn it in for 400 marks. (And once you've started, it overlaps - you can be farming the tags for the next one while the first is growing.)

Having good doffs, so you crit the tag assignments will speed it up a good bit, too.

And because people asked for it, they added a Rom mark turn-in for the holiday Winter epohhs. Not as many marks, because they're easier to get. (100 marks for an Elder, 200 marks for a critted "Elder with Bow/Earmuffs/etc")

There's a "How to Epohh" guide floating around here somewhere..... ah, here it is.
  • Options
    kara445kara445 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Epohh farming. It's ten minutes, but it's spread over a few days of 20h doff assignments. Once you have an epohh raised up to Elder, you can turn it in for 400 marks. (And once you've started, it overlaps - you can be farming the tags for the next one while the first is growing.)

Having good doffs, so you crit the tag assignments will speed it up a good bit, too.

And because people asked for it, they added a Rom mark turn-in for the holiday Winter epohhs. Not as many marks, because they're easier to get. (100 marks for an Elder, 200 marks for a critted "Elder with Bow/Earmuffs/etc")

There's a "How to Epohh" guide floating around here somewhere..... ah, here it is.

Thank you for the guide but i still don't understand that don't take 10 minutes for do 400 mark but 3 or 4 for days !! we don't have the way for make romulan mark like omega mark it a fact with STF you can do a least 60 mark per hours !

just do some basic math. Tjat will not exactly correct but we will still close to the true number, Let say in on day with all the dayli you can do arround 90 romulan marks plus each 3 days 400 marks;

you do (90*3)+400 = 670 romulan marks in 3 days

and per hour : 670/72= 9.3

so for a cuasal gamer (like me) you can do around 10 romulan marks per hours. In the other side you have Omega mark for a the minimum 60 marks per hours plus dilithium plus some good stuff to sell.

that the point
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    kara445 wrote: »
    Thank you for the guide but i still don't understand that don't take 10 minutes for do 400 mark but 3 or 4 for days !! we don't have the way for make romulan mark like omega mark it a fact with STF you can do a least 60 mark per hours !

I guess it's a difference between "I only takes me 10 minutes of actual play time, then I can go do other things" = 400 marks soon, versus "I'll slam out a bunch of STFs" = 400 marks now. (which is more playtime used, but less elapsed time)

Being a new player, it may be that I've not yet run into a situation where it's needed, but I've been getting enough Rom Marks by the time I hit the next tier, so I haven't had a "need marks NOW" situation. (since rep takes multiple days to level up, 1000 marks five days from now is just as good as 1000 marks three hours from now.)
    Took a big hit when I unlocked Tier 3 and built several new items, but now that I'm just grinding out Tier 4, there's plenty of time to build up again.
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    maybe i'm the exception, but i have much more romulan marks than omega marks, thanks to the normal and winter epohhs. maybe you can try out breeding those, it's a slow process, but the reward is great.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Well, we know that it takes three plus day to grow the bunny to sell it for 400 marks, and that after you start you have an assembly line from each days assignments. Getting 400 marks in 10 minutes is an exageration (read- minimal effort required over three plus days for my marks is not the same as minutes of effort).
    So putting these Epohh exagerations aside, this leaves several missions worth 10 points, and four mission worth more than that: daily partol, resque, salt-vampires, and vault ensnared.

This is not even close to the mark generation in the hundreds for Omega; not even close to grind-time required for prices the same price as Omega; and I sure as hell don't understand how some of us are fine with this system.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    This is not even close to the mark generation in the hundreds for Omega; not even close to grind-time required for prices the same price as Omega; and I sure as hell don't understand how some of us are fine with this system.

Based on comments, I'd bet that the people who are fine with it, are the ones who don't or can't casually toss off a few ESTFs and produce those hundreds of Omega Marks.

If you're not doing STFs (for whatever reason), you compare Romulus (60-75 for patrol, 400 for epohh, plenty of ground missions for 10+, doff missions, radiation scanning, etc) to Defera (5 marks per ground mission, that take more effort than the 10 mark Romulus ones; 10 marks for sector def dailies), and it feels like Rom marks are much easier to produce than Omega.

Or, as this guy said:
    We have the heavy stf-players who are complaining that rom. marks are to difficult to get &
    The non-stf players who are complaining that omega marks are too difficult to get...

All I can really report is my own experience: as a new player (less than a month), I hit New Rom first (mostly due to the fact that they actually had a quest directing me there). Seemed quite easy to get rom marks. I then hit Defera, and the contrast was striking. I have yet to do an STF (for a variety of reasons). So yeah - in my limited and incomplete experience, Rom marks flow like water, Omega marks are like getting blood from a stone. /shrug
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    THe people (such as myself) who complaing about not getting enough romulan marks, are the same group that wanted the previous STF grind to count for more. We have done so many STFs, that an elite is mere routine, In less than twenty minutes we can have 80 marks without breaking a sweat and be ready for the next one. Every once and a while you get extra marks in your drop bringing you above 100 for the run.

I can run Azure nebula rescue or vault ensnared, on the other hand, and only make out with a couple dozen marks for the same time spent, and those require so much flying around, it's irritating.
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    THe people (such as myself) who complaing about not getting enough romulan marks, are the same group that wanted the previous STF grind to count for more. We have done so many STFs, that an elite is mere routine, In less than twenty minutes we can have 80 marks without breaking a sweat and be ready for the next one. Every once and a while you get extra marks in your drop bringing you above 100 for the run.

I can run Azure nebula rescue or vault ensnared, on the other hand, and only make out with a couple dozen marks for the same time spent, and those require so much flying around, it's irritating.

Agreed. I did an epic Rom Mark grind the other day for the Rom Rapid-Torpedo (500 Marks) - I didn't have any marks 'cause I'd spent what I had on unlocking Mk XII Plasma DHCs/Turrets so I started from nothing - it was horrible.

Tau Dewa Patrol: 60/60 Marks.
    Radiation Reports (Space): 10/10 Marks.
    Tholian Red Alert: 0/30 Marks - couldn't get into it even once.
    Azure Nebula: 13/?? Marks - seriously, 13 Marks? WTF?
    The Atlai: 10/10 Marks
    Mine Enemy: 15/?? - again, massive time-sink, pitiful rewards.
    Winter Epohh hand-in: 100/200 - no crits yet.
    Regular Epohh hand-in: 0/400 - did the tagging but no Marks for 4-5 days...

So that's 208 Romulan Marks - the rest I made up from - you guessed it - scanning radiation - 30 marks for 300 scans, average of 25 scans per radiation site = 120 times.

All for a *bugged* Torpedo launcher - it's pretty fair to say that I hate New Romulus :rolleyes:
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    How do you scan radiation in space?

As it stands now:
    Omega marks: 2900+
    Rommy marks: 52

I have to be doing it wrong...
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    How do you scan radiation in space?

As it stands now:
    Omega marks: 2900+
    Rommy marks: 52

I have to be doing it wrong...

Heh. Whereas my Rom is at 900 (plenty of time to build up since I just entered the Tier 4 rep run), and my Omega is 22 (at Tier 2). But, like I said, I haven't dived into STFs yet. Plus I've been distracted by holiday stuff, so few trips out to Defera.

Scanning radiation in space - you can get a daily quest that directs you to satellites in five of the patrol systems, where you can scan for rad reports. Not sure if you need a certain rep tier, or have to do the ground based rad scanning a bunch of times first, to unlock that daily.

...honestly, I don't even necessarily want the high-end Omega stuff. I want the Borg engines (because "going faster in sector space" seems like one of the most useful abilities in the game, for everything), and because I kept seeing all these ships with wacky spikes & TRIBBLE sticking out of them while I was leveling. They looked cool, and I thought "hey, I wonder where you get that!" So yeah. Go fast, and cosmetics. :P
  • Options
    wolfpack12cwolfpack12c Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sector patrol
    Bunny breeding
    Snow bunny breeding
    Rommy FA
    New Rom missions

With all this I knock out about 500 rom marks in 1 hour and a nice 400 boost every 5th day. The marks drop ratio is fine. Spend less time complaining and more time doing the missions and objective
    -"There is no such thing as an I win button!" "Um, Sir. Whats this button that says (I win) for then?"
  • Options
    wolfpack12cwolfpack12c Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Agreed. I did an epic Rom Mark grind the other day for the Rom Rapid-Torpedo (500 Marks) - I didn't have any marks 'cause I'd spent what I had on unlocking Mk XII Plasma DHCs/Turrets so I started from nothing - it was horrible.

Tau Dewa Patrol: 60/60 Marks.
    Radiation Reports (Space): 10/10 Marks.
    Tholian Red Alert: 0/30 Marks - couldn't get into it even once.
    Azure Nebula: 13/?? Marks - seriously, 13 Marks? WTF?
    The Atlai: 10/10 Marks
    Mine Enemy: 15/?? - again, massive time-sink, pitiful rewards.
    Winter Epohh hand-in: 100/200 - no crits yet.
    Regular Epohh hand-in: 0/400 - did the tagging but no Marks for 4-5 days...

So that's 208 Romulan Marks - the rest I made up from - you guessed it - scanning radiation - 30 marks for 300 scans, average of 25 scans per radiation site = 120 times.

All for a *bugged* Torpedo launcher - it's pretty fair to say that I hate New Romulus :rolleyes:

A perfect score on mine enemy during rommy marks hour nets you 120
    -"There is no such thing as an I win button!" "Um, Sir. Whats this button that says (I win) for then?"
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sector patrol
    Bunny breeding
    Snow bunny breeding
    Rommy FA
    New Rom missions

With all this I knock out about 500 rom marks in 1 hour and a nice 400 boost every 5th day. The marks drop ratio is fine. Spend less time complaining and more time doing the missions and objective

Sorry, that's just BS spin - yes, if you have your ducks (bunnies) in a row you can get a decent amount of Rom Marks on a given day, but take the Epohhs (and the time it takes to breed them) out of the equation and it takes a heckuva lot longer than 1 hour to acquire 500 Marks.

Spend less time being an apologist and more time realising that Rom Marks rewards in line with what's given out for STFs isn't a bad thing.
    A perfect score on mine enemy during rommy marks hour nets you 120

I've never seen this - but then again, every time I PuG Mine Enemy, the team I'm lumbered with doesn't seem to have a clue what to do - guess I'll have to try and find a group on PESTF...
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012