test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment mandatory for a 0/5 star rating

erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
I just took a 1/5 rating and no explanations. That's my first one. I already took a 2/5 before, with no explanations either. My mission have an average 3.8/5 rating for 50 people, which probably mean it's a good mission. Especially considering it's a french mission, and there isn't a lot of french player.
I suppose this bad rating comes from someone who didn't like something specific, or found a random bug (lots of bugs with s7). Or maybe it's a mistake. In any case I want to know why, see if I can improve my mission.

We spend hours to make those missions. Taking a 1 is not fun and I guess we all want to know why such a harsh criticism.

With many "new" people playing foundry mission, because of the "Investigate officer report" revamp, it will happen more than before.

That's why I suggest you can't earn a 1/5 rating with no comment. It will stop many mistakes, or at least show it was a mistake, and the comment may help us to improve our mission.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by erei1 on

Comments

• Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You aren't allowed to comment on a 'na' or 0 star rating. I've had to drop missions because I found them too confusing or bugged. In some cases I take the mission a second time to get to the right place.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Since when can you get zero stars? It used to be that 1 star was the lowest. Does a zero actually count toward the average rating?
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I assumes he means 'doesn't leave a comment' and just canceling out. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is the mission in French?

Sadly, there are all too many English speakers who automatically assume that the world is "English or bust" and anything not English is too hard to comprehend (and an automatic 0/5)...

Sadly, I don't understand French, so I can't try the mission to see how good it really is. However, I hope you the best in your endeavors...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    nagorak wrote: »
    Since when can you get zero stars? It used to be that 1 star was the lowest. Does a zero actually count toward the average rating?
    Yes, sorry about the confusion. It's a 1/5, IE the lowest rating. Editing my first post.
    See, it's so new to me, I though it was a 0 ! :D
    dareau wrote: »
    Is the mission in French?

Sadly, there are all too many English speakers who automatically assume that the world is "English or bust" and anything not English is too hard to comprehend (and an automatic 0/5)...

Sadly, I don't understand French, so I can't try the mission to see how good it really is. However, I hope you the best in your endeavors...
    Yes it is. I've check the "french mission" in the foundry. You can see it using the "custom" and "Fran?ais" filter, but you shouldn't be able to see it if you look for english/any missions. Also, the description and the title are in french.

It's more about the lack of explanation than a whine or rage about the rating. 1 bad rating is no big deal, but I think we all want to know why we take such a bad rating, when we take one, and a comment should be mandatory for the lowest rating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    beerstickmanbeerstickman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Dont get to frustrated. When people search or browse the mission there is a language tab. If they are not using that, its their fault. Of course it wouldnt hurt to make sure you put what language the mission is in on the description. That would be another safeguard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hmm.... Where is the actual starting point for your mission?

I talked to Linnea and Ford, but when "De l'art de la patience" I couldn't figure out where to go.

No I don't actually speak french. That might have soemthing to do with it... heh...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Hmm.... Where is the actual starting point for your mission?

I talked to Linnea and Ford, but when "De l'art de la patience" I couldn't figure out where to go.

No I don't actually speak french. That might have soemthing to do with it... heh...
    For some reason it doesn't show on the map (never did), so I tell people where to go. In french, that's it^^
    It's in front of the transporter room, in the corridor to the middle of ESD. There are 2 doors in front of each other, it's one of them (the one on your right if you are coming from the transporter room). If you use the "v"key or the scan button it should work. It did when I released the mission^^

I've translated the mission in english months ago, but not published it. My english is not really good, and I need to be sure everything is fine before releasing it, or I'll probably get bashed.

I've tested the mission several time, even yesterday, and everything is working. Yesterday some loading time were really long, and some ships vanish in the end (same bug than with the ships in the narendra patrol mission, probably because it's the same ships), but it's working. For some reason the vanishing ship count as "dead".

Thanks for trying anyway, that was nice of you :)
    Dont get to frustrated. When people search or browse the mission there is a language tab. If they are not using that, its their fault. Of course it wouldnt hurt to make sure you put what language the mission is in on the description. That would be another safeguard.
    I didn't put it was a french mission in the description. I use the "french" option in the editor however, and the french description should make it quite obvious^^
    I checked yesterday, and the mission doesn't show up using "custom + english" or just "custom" filter. you really need to use "custom + french" filter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    erei1 wrote: »
    For some reason it doesn't show on the map (never did), so I tell people where to go. In french, that's it^^
    It's in front of the transporter room, in the corridor to the middle of ESD. There are 2 doors in front of each other, it's one of them (the one on your right if you are coming from the transporter room). If you use the "v"key or the scan button it should work. It did when I released the mission^^

I've translated the mission in english months ago, but not published it. My english is not really good, and I need to be sure everything is fine before releasing it, or I'll probably get bashed.

I've tested the mission several time, even yesterday, and everything is working. Yesterday some loading time were really long, and some ships vanish in the end (same bug than with the ships in the narendra patrol mission, probably because it's the same ships), but it's working. For some reason the vanishing ship count as "dead".

Thanks for trying anyway, that was nice of you :)

I didn't put it was a french mission in the description. I use the "french" option in the editor however, and the french description should make it quite obvious^^
    I checked yesterday, and the mission doesn't show up using "custom + english" or just "custom" filter. you really need to use "custom + french" filter.
    Yeah I forgot to mention that I had to use custom + french to find it.

Oh and I found the entry point. It's a door in the hallway near the transporter.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Well I finished the mission. I like it. :D Not sure what was going on sometimes, but it was fun overall.

planete inconnue: you have the wrong Undine labeled Captain.

I know Soldat means Soldier in German, what does it mean in French? (most of the Hirogen enemies are lebeled 'Soldat Hirogene')
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Well I finished the mission. I like it. :D Not sure what was going on sometimes, but it was fun overall.

planete inconnue: you have the wrong Undine labeled Captain.

I know Soldat means Soldier in German, what does it mean in French? (most of the Hirogen enemies are lebeled 'Soldat Hirogene')
    Soldat mean the same in French :) When I created the mission I didn't know what was the default name for the Hirogens. During the story you learn those Hirogens where Hunters, but became Soldiers because of a third faction who are using them. You suspect it's the Iconians (there was that Iconian gate, so I had to include them somewhere^^).
    I'll check the captain. It's not easy to see who's the officer in a group, usually he stand away from the others by default, but not every time.
    Thank you for playing and leaving a comment :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    erei1 wrote: »
    It's not easy to see who's the officer in a group, usually he stand away from the others by default, but not every time.

That IS a major annoyance in the Foundry. The only way to be sure which character is which in a mob is to do a test play and check their names on the map before you enter the area to see how they are arranged. If the characters were always in decending order of rank (i.e. player 1 is always the high level) they would be much easier to work with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I don't think you need to type in names for each enemy. the game should automatically fill in names if you don't.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes but sometimes you want to reskin them or assign character names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I don't think you need to type in names for each enemy. the game should automatically fill in names if you don't.
    Didn't know that ! Thank you !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]