test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for Recommendations

echodarksidedechodarksided Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I am looking for recommendations of Foundry missions that are similar to STF content that run in the 15 minute timeframe a typical STF does that is ideal for a group of 5. This would be something a team of 5 might do alternative to STFs in an effort to earn fleet marks.

Not interested in missions that do not qualify for the Officer Reports mission.

Thanks!
Post edited by echodarksided on

Comments

• Options
    beerstickmanbeerstickman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am looking for recommendations of Foundry missions that are similar to STF content that run in the 15 minute timeframe a typical STF does that is ideal for a group of 5. This would be something a team of 5 might do alternative to STFs in an effort to earn fleet marks.

Thanks!

You will not find any missions that are 15 minutes to qualify for the daily. The officer reports daily has a 30 minute timer. So a 15 minute mission wouldnt do you any good, IF they were even eligable for the Officer Reports. There is one so far that ive found, that ive done solo, and with a team of 5. It's called Battleship Royal. It can be completed in roughly 20- 30 minutes. Being Captain spawns, it also drops good loot. This is a space only mission. If you are KDF, i dont think you guys have this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    echodarksidedechodarksided Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If Cryptic has put a 30 minute average time on Foundry missions to qualify for officer reports, they have messed up. The target should be 15 minutes for a team of 3-5, because that makes Foundry content on par with STFs and a viable time/loot/reward alternative.

The 30 minute officer report cooldown is fine, what matters most from a Foundry consumer perspective is the qualifying time for individual missions. I wait an hour to do Infected Space Elite twice, that's not the issue. What makes ISE a good choice is the time it takes to do it- ~15 minutes. Longer than that and it gets harder to get a group.
  • Options
    beerstickmanbeerstickman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    First you say...

Then this..
    If Cryptic has put a 30 minute average time on Foundry missions to qualify for officer reports, they have messed up. The target should be 15 minutes for a team of 3-5, because that makes Foundry content on par with STFs and a viable time/loot/reward alternative.

And then this...

Then you say this which is completley opposite from the above..
    The 30 minute officer report cooldown is fine, what matters most from a Foundry consumer perspective is the qualifying time for individual missions. I wait an hour to do Infected Space Elite twice, that's not the issue. What makes ISE a good choice is the time it takes to do it- ~15 minutes. Longer than that and it gets harder to get a group.

I like the changes Cryptic made with Officer Reports. I think they got it right. As for your dilema, I guess I'm lost. I have no idea what you are looking for. You said you are only interested in missions that qualify, then you say you want it in 15 minutes. I dont see how that will happen with a 30 minute cooldown.

For me, with a 30 minute cooldown, i simply search 20-30 minute missions, and everything that pops up qualifies. Perhaps someone else can give some suggestions because i dont think i understand what you are trying to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The misison repeats on 30 minutes.

you do not need to play a 30 minute mission. 15-20 minutes missions are fine. battle royal can be done in about 15-20 and its qualifies.

any mission that does not will highlight in red.

in fact battle royal is probably a good place to start.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Check the hot list and top-rated for a mission called Battleship Royale Rumbe (something like this). It seems that a ton of stfers are playing that specific mission in groups.

I haven't played, but I'll guess that it involves lots of boss battles and a group of 5 playing on elite will get some nice drops.

One reviewers claims that he gets over 300k ECs worth of stuff to sell on the exchange from that mission.

plus you'll get the dilithium and the FMs.

I'm kind of thinking of making an stf if more stfers would group to play a foundry mission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yea but the problem is the Foundry's difficulty level is extremely low, even on elite. You'll never get npcs as tough as STF npcs out of the Foundry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • Options
    nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yea but the problem is the Foundry's difficulty level is extremely low, even on elite. You'll never get npcs as tough as STF npcs out of the Foundry.

On the ground if you put in several captain groups you could still make a pretty tough encounter. In space battleship groups should spawn dreadnoughts with enough players, resulting in at least some challenge hopefully.
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I doubt battleship royal rumble will last much longer, i just did it in 10 minutes without really trying hard so it will likely get farmed down to a 'too low' average completion time. Till then though it is awesome!
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bareel wrote: »
    I doubt battleship royal rumble will last much longer, i just did it in 10 minutes without really trying hard so it will likely get farmed down to a 'too low' average completion time. Till then though it is awesome!

sigh... I've been slogging away at it for nearly an hour.

First I tried it on elite and got pulverized. But I haven't really decked out my ship with best of the best shinies.

It seems that the mission has a few things going for it:

1. It starts at the infamous ESD panel, so no sector space travel for the stfers
    2. There is a certain strategy. If you play it many times, it gets easier because you know which ship to target first, while competing enemy ships help you out.
    3. There isn't a moment in the mission when you're not shooting, thus earning XP and loot. Even I, with my dinky ship, earned quite a few green Xs consoles.

It will be interesting to see if more of these are made and if the stf folks begin using the foundry to provide repetitive, storyless content as a way to earn 960 dil, 50 FMs and a collection of gear v. whatever they earn now with a stf. I'm sure they earn more dil with stfs due to the OM trade in for 500. It has to be the FMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is that why you upgraded your shields KF?
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just hope that these battleship/captain only stf-style missions don't end up getting the loot drops nerfed for the rest of the Foundry.