test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please start working on a Summer Event at RISA!

jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Loving the Winter Event and its better that last year :)

Hoping for a Summer Event at Risa! And you have enough notice now :p

I have my Horga'hn ready ...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That's a fun idea. Seconded.
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • pegasussgcpegasussgc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would like to see a use for Riza, however I hope the Devs don't spend a lot of time on these temporary events. They could be using their time to build more missions, gear, etc.
  • unknownmgxunknownmgx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sounds good
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The only problem is that not every KDF player has marauding to be able to get to Risa. So either you would have to do Risa for Feds and another planet for KDF or find a neutral site. A marathon PvP race around the island would be fun though.
    edited December 2012
    scififan78 wrote: »
    The only problem is that not every KDF player has marauding to be able to get to Risa. So either you would have to do Risa for Feds and another planet for KDF or find a neutral site. A marathon PvP race around the island would be fun though.

My fleet has an invitational race yearly (ok, it was canceled last year but that is a long story) we'll be using the same foundry mission that was slated for last year's race this time around. That will be published tomorrow as The Third Fleet Invitational. I put it up in advance for practice purposes. Leave a comment in the reviews if you would like to be invited for race day. It'll be updated in the description when the prizes are announced.
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah risa event be nice, swim trunks u win which enables u to swim hehe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beerstickmanbeerstickman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes! I suggest a 4th of july party on Risa. With Fireworks! And Beer!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2012
    Beer nothing! Antedean Margaritas all around!

I'd love to rebuild Risa, get me the time, and I'll gladly lend a hand.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
    edited December 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »

I like the way you think. We canhaz jetskis, water skiing, parasailing, volleyball or any combination thereof?
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Really be nice to have Risa as Risa and not STO's version of Gilligan's Island. You know, "No Starships, No Shuttlepods, not a single Ferengi." ;)

I always envisioned the Risa zone to be the cliff-face resort we saw on Enterprise. And the resort have seperate areas for the roleplayers having their own rooms and such (seperate instances if possible).

You got a shuttleport and transporter room area that's outside a plaza with NPCs selling various goods (hopefully new goods).

A Unique NPC that sells Risan Swimwear that can only be used on Risa and wearing the swimwear grants special abilities like swimming or surfing. (Surely the tech is there with the Winter Wonderland tech).

Oh and of course, this NPC only accepts Latinum. ;)

A Bartender that serves drinks that you can't find anywhere else in STO. Cardassian Sunrise anyone? :D

And of course, whats Risa without the unscrupulous types and the action?

You could have a special Black Market NPC there that sells only unique weapons. (Perhaps tie it to those other Black Market NPCs on Earth and Qo'nos and reveal those common guns are something not so common).

Run ins with the Cartel or the Orion Syndicate.

Maybe a "friendly" fist fight with visiting Klingons (not sure why Klingons be on Risa, but can't exclude them).

Well, that's my take of the Risan Possibilities.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Maybe two areas. Its a whole planet after all. One resort area like it was seen in Ent. With cliffside hotel, nightclubs & other city highlife tourism stuff & one laidback beach area; similar to what we have now just ..uhm.. in good.

For swimming tech I'd suggest to copy/paste the one from chamipons online.

Dan, that man needs time to make something cool (and overdue IMO). Give it to him. thx. ;)
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'd agree that the Current Risa doesn't really feel like a resort as much as a random island with some sparse amenities.

There are some great ideas to be gained from the shows, but to really excel I think they need to send the world builders to a tropical resort, for empirical research!

I'd suggest Maui ;)
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    We're lucky Risa is still extant in the STO universe.

So far as the 'book' universe timeline goes, it was one of a quite a few planets destroyed during the Borg invasion during the 'Destiny' series.

Yeah, cool as it might be to reflect storylines beyond STO I'm happy to have Risa as a resort planet.

Tell Dan we need a Season 9.5: Shore Leave. Then you can rebuild Risa, Andoria, and Vulcan into full blown social zones like Bajor is and make things to do there. Not exactly sure what to add on the KDF side.

Perfect excuses to add stuff like swimsuits and Ushaan duels and minigames like Poker.

You could always provide a "diplomatic shuttle" from Qo'NoS for KDF to reach planetary destinations inside Federation space.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • atseearratseearr Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Yeah, cool as it might be to reflect storylines beyond STO I'm happy to have Risa as a resort planet.

Tell Dan we need a Season 9.5: Shore Leave. Then you can rebuild Risa, Andoria, and Vulcan into full blown social zones like Bajor is and make things to do there. Not exactly sure what to add on the KDF side.

Perfect excuses to add stuff like swimsuits and Ushaan duels and minigames like Poker.

You could always provide a "diplomatic shuttle" from Qo'NoS for KDF to reach planetary destinations inside Federation space.

Absolutely love this.

Make it so :D
  • macricanmacrican Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    because I'm digging them so much in winter wonderland, lets do a variation for Risa and go with water balloon fights also!
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You display a Horga'hn to fill a bar in the rep system ...and once we fill it we can preform Jamaharon.:D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I was going to write up this idea last night, you beat me to it so +1.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »

It would be nice but be real and keep on hoping....Have been in STO since beta and there was never a SUMMER event.
    Lots of F2P players get impressed with what the rest of us have seen for a few years. Wait till we hit the Anniversary later in a couple of months and hope you dont get winter wonderland withdrawal effects :cool:

Not many MMOs have intricate special events like STO and might be nicer to have more if they want more profit. I still vote for a SPRING BREAK event...bring on those bikinis girls!!!
    DUwNP.gif

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    +1 Vote for Summer and/or Spring-Break Risa events.

(The Non-Maurading KDF could have Pain and Endurance Rituals on Rura Penthe or something... :D)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012

(The Non-Maurading KDF could have Pain and Endurance Rituals on Rura Penthe or something... :D)

Or they could have something that teleports them there. Q did it? :P

And +1 to a summer event.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I say that all visitable planets, one by one, should be given the New Romulus treatment. Including Risa. The Risa plot could involve Federation operatives investigating some sort of conspiracy that has ties to SOMEONE on Risa.

The whole Planet needs an overhaul. They need to look at the TNG and DS9 episodes that dealt with Risa, create assets that include every identifyable element on screen, and not only redefine the beaches, but expand the exterior ro include explorable terrain. And they need to add the resort and its interior, complete with a personal suite we can access.

For those who just want to visit Risa to soak up some sun and socialize, it would be business as usual. But for those who want a gameplay reason to visit each planet, then giving it the new romulus treatment would do that. And since that aspect would be part of a federation investigation, instead of marks, it would be Risan Investigation Data. It would function the same. But what it is called should be representative of its purpose.

Just a thought.

Not a bad one, either. Like I said: Season X: Shore Leave :D
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • captainbaldycaptainbaldy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would SO LOVE a summer event a Risa including:

A day/night cycle
    Bars w/ NPCs selling drinks
    A beachside dance club/floor
    Hoverball courts!
    Bonfire
    Hor'gahnns
    Swimsuits
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I too concur that turning Risa into a new Adventure Zone would breathe new life into the resort planet map. I particularly like the proposed story arc regarding the conspiracy.

Perhaps the actual gameplay could all be strictly leisure-based activities, which when completed, would yield the Risan Investigation Data (the justification being that by being a regular patron of Risa's resorts, the locals are more likely to trust you with confidential info pertaining the investigation)
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »

+1'd The US and EU get way too much love, cryptic is forgetting about the Oceanic players :P Maybe we could have another European Celebration accolade renamed "Oceanic Celebration Accolade" we'll be able to claim IDIC Tribbles for our new toons who missed out on the EU event :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

My KDF toon can beam down to Risa, although honour guard armour does not make a sexy bathing suit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Targ hunting in the hills

Religious retreat on P'jem

plenty of options
    Live long and Prosper
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »

Bah! Klingon warriors do not need your soft Federation luxuries!

Give us hunting grounds and challenge circles. Give us more drinks that have an effect (warnog that makes you drunk, etc). Give us skimpier Orion outfits (hehe).
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Bikinis for my Bunny Crew. NOW!!!