test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter event 2012-2013, idea's thought, requests..

oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
By all means bring it all back from last year.

Suggestions:
Add some actvities, time gate them over the run of the winter event. Scavanger hunt, Snowball a Ferengi for charity. Snowman contest (might require a little work...) SNowball fight V Q. (Q: Oh come on, you know want to do it. Look.. The klingons are allready growling and lining up! I'll give you a chance to win.. maybe....)

Mass of Q in historical military uniform voice epic macho "follow me men", "don't throw untill you can see the color of thier comm badge!" etc. phrases as they advance flinging snowballs by volley fire...

More Ice Scating!!!

Sled races, toboggan races TEAM BOBSLED RACES! Hockey game.. (klingons, playing Hockey.. oh YES!) Curling competition, more winter sports activities. More winter themed clothing!! especially for the gals.. Long coats, fur hats, hand muffs, period style winter clothing from different civilizations, era's, cultures, races. Definatly aquireable via contest, purchase, or simply plugging away at it untill you get it..

And Please... the BIG gift from Q should be Q asks you what you want.. and you get to pick from a list!

And oh yea... put to gether some more music this year.. can never have to much music! that way theres a bigger playlist for thew game to choose from.

Add Couple Dancing, couple ice skating (sycronized characters doing things TOGETHER.. the RP crowd will likely go utterly ape gaga over such a thing) We players would consider that really really fun trust us!

More Q.. definatly more Q, lots more Q wise cracks, snide but kind remarks.
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We need even more time gating.

What we need is a "winter holiday" reputation line that will take three months to complete. And the Winter Event is only active for 1 month, so it'll take 3 years to finish!

Won't that be friggin' awesome?
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My #1 want? FREE BOXES! They got a lot of money out of the gift boxes last year. You get one and only 1 box(per char) for free each day. Last year you had to complete the ice race to do it. I'd expect something similar this year. (the catch that let them get a truckload of money was that the race usually gives you a crappy box that only has the low teir prizes in it. Buying a box in the store gave you the highest teir of box, but those would sometimes give the best prizes and sometimes give a lower teired box)

Seriously though, I can definately see them doing a daily that gives you a special prize.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Please bring back the Nano-pulse melee weapons , I have a few alts that don't have them.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • herbie1966herbie1966 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I still have 5 each of the assorted Foods from last year.

And I have no idea why I saved them.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    stark2k wrote: »
    Please bring back the Nano-pulse melee weapons , I have a few alts that don't have them.

And add some new types too. Nano Pulse Falcion :D
  • avarseiravarseir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    herbie1966 wrote: »
    I still have 5 each of the assorted Foods from last year.

And I have no idea why I saved them.

OMG.. wouldn't that be rotten by now? Quick dispose of them or risk salmonella poisoning!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    stark2k wrote: »

The only reason those showed up was because it was the start of SW-TOR.

They most likely were a one time thing.... and I believe Cryptic even said this.
  • avarseiravarseir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    scififan78 wrote: »
    And add some new types too. Nano Pulse Falcion :D

Due to high demand, nano-pulse weapons are now unlockable from reputation projects costing 500 Omega Marks, 500 Romulan Marks, 25000 Dilithium and 10 Powered Alien Artifacts.

"We recognise the players' enthusiasm over these weapons and will bring back the weapons to allow more players to have access over them through reasonable reputation projects which has been scaled down to a single player level.

We expect the playerbase to appreciate this and continue to meet our expectations on Dilithium refining through more interesting reputation projects."

I'm quoting from a possible future dev blog :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    avarseir wrote: »
    OMG.. wouldn't that be rotten by now? Quick dispose of them or risk salmonella poisoning!!

They've been in cryo-storage in the Fleet bank. :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    avarseir wrote: »
    They sell for a nice price! hehe. :D And yeah, I have a lot of them myself.

Why? Unlike most food items they give combat buffs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lordbicenlordbicen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As this years "Q" winter Wonderland is already in full swing and would be difficult to do, I would like to Suggest that Next Year for the festivities that they add in a Floor Trophy(s) for your Ships lounge. As either an accolade/comendation? Or Purchaseable through holiday items for the winter wonderland event

I.E. A Christmas Tree with presents underneath (Feds)

I.E. A Snowman Overlord with a hole in his head (KDF)

Or Both for Each. Maybe make them purchasable with Holiday Items like the Coats. This seems like a more appropriate idea than an UNANIMATED Snowman pet that sits there and melts after winter wonderland ends. It would be nice to have this year, but i realize that it takes a lot of coding to add something like this in, so i put it in the suggestions box for it's consideration for next year. But if you can make it happen i am sure that plenty of players would certainly be appreciative, me included!

Would be nice to have friends over in your Ships lounge and sip earl grey tea by the tree, Or open a barrel of blood wine and reminisce on how you took down the snowman overlord with ease.

I'm actually surprised that you guys didn't consider this idea sooner but here it is to think about.

Thanks for your consideration in advance!

Sincerely, Vice Admiral Bicen Takeilund
  • curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lordbicen wrote: »
    As this years "Q" winter Wonderland is already in full swing and would be difficult to do,

If you look at the date on the post above yours, you will note that these suggestions were made before the event started. That happens to me too :)
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Snowballing Ferengi? I could get behind that...
  • lordbicenlordbicen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As i stated in my opening, the event is in "full swing" I didnt have forum access before the event started, But a good idea is "STILL" a good idea, even if it does arrive a little late in the game.

And i also stated that they could use this as an idea to implement in FUTURE EVENTS, so i dont really see a problem.

So technically your post is only stating the obvious of what i already said, but thanks for pointing it out.