test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Boot Camp Update #5: Advertisement Initiatives + Requests

gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PvP Gameplay
This week is going to be a big one for Boot Camp advertisement. The guest blog should be coming out Tomorrow on the STO site and on startrek.com on Friday/Saturday. The fine folks at Priority One have also featured Boot Camp in the 'Blank of the Week" If you haven't heard the episode, check it out here.

The Boot Camp website is also developing. Once the guest blog goes live this week, people can begin to register for the first event on December 29th. Please direct all registration questions to the Boot Camp website. If you haven't already seen the website, and the incredible video that drkfrontiers has made, please check it out here. Fleet admirals. Please post this on your own websites if possible.

Request: There are a number of ways we can gain greater exposure. I have renamed a few of my ships to include the words, "PvP Boot Camp." I would encourage you to do something like this. It is a weird ship name and has, for this reason, caused people to ask about it and about Boot Camp more generally.

REQUEST! (PLEASE READ ME!): I would also suggest that we as coaches begin advertising for Boot Camp in the ques. For example, I would like to make a keybind that I can hit at the end of a match with the following: "Want to take your PvP skills to the next level? Check out Boot Camp: http://pvp-boot.camp.shivtr.com/." I am planning to use this at the end of my PvP and PvE matches. I would encourage you to do something similar. I will probably also just send out this message every once in a while in Zone chat. In this regard, I do have one request. Would somebody be willing to respond to this thread with instructions on how to make a keybind like this? I know how to make keybinds for BOFF skills and for "Target X," but have never made one with a message. A clear set of instructions might encourage some of us to use this advertising tool.

Boot Camp is moving forward on every front. Cryptic/PWE has approved a set of rewards for the participants and even some rewards for coaches, which is cool. All of you who help out with coaching will be receiving a special title and a free respec token. I for one won't mind having another respec token and the title is very cool as well--more advertisement.

Coaches, we will have a meeting around the 21st of December to discuss a wide range of issues. I look forward to talking with all of you then.

As always, please email me (sargon.priorityone@gmail.com) or respond to this thread with questions/concerns. Thank you all so much for your creativity, hard work, and interest in PvP.
Post edited by gradstudent1 on

Comments

• aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm still putting my name forward as a coach.

Anyway, i'll stick it on LAG's site and rename my ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi Sargon,

Try this:

/bind j ChannelSend Zone Want to take your PvP skills to the next level? Check out Boot Camp: http://pvp-boot.camp.shivtr.com/

When you are in space, type the following into the chat textbox (lower left)

/bind - this will instruct the bind

j - this is the key your wish to bind the command to

ChannelSend - instruction for the bind to send a zone tell.

Zone - locale/ recipient of the tell.

The remaining characters following Zone will be read as the message.
  • gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm still putting my name forward as a coach.

Anyway, i'll stick it on LAG's site and rename my ship.

Thanks, Aquitaine. I have you down on the Boot Camp website as a coach rank. You should be able to see this by checking your status. Please just confirm for me your @handle ingame. Is it @aquitaine? Thanks!
    edited December 2012
    Hi Sargon,

Try this:

/bind j ChannelSend Zone Want to take your PvP skills to the next level? Check out Boot Camp: http://pvp-boot.camp.shivtr.com/

When you are in space, type the following into the chat textbox (lower left)

/bind - this will instruct the bind

j - this is the key your wish to bind the command to

ChannelSend - instruction for the bind to send a zone tell.

Zone - locale/ recipient of the tell.

The remaining characters following Zone will be read as the message.

I will try this whenI am in-game again this afternoon. drkfrontiers is the engine under this project's hood/bonnet!
  • devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited December 2012
    Im advertsining in kerrat and other pvp zones about boot camp, when i get the chance. Hope thats enough.
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
    edited December 2012
    devorasx wrote: »
    Im advertsining in kerrat and other pvp zones about boot camp, when i get the chance. Hope thats enough.

Thanks, Devoras. I appreciate your taking the initiative.
  • cliftona91cliftona91 Member Posts: 254
    edited December 2012
    I registered on the site, but I dunno if you got my request Sargon. Can you check?
    edited December 2012
    cliftona91 wrote: »
    I registered on the site, but I dunno if you got my request Sargon. Can you check?

Are you Seven of Eleven? If so, then yes, we got it. Thanks! Let me know if that is not your "designation."=)
  • mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I also just registered on the site @mrgrocer. I have been pvping since beta, took a long break and slowly getting back into the swing of the things. I know I am definitely not coach material but would like to help this project in any way that I can, as STO is the only game I have ever became a serious pvper in. I am not very vocal on OPvP but lurk a lot and try to talk to some of our better players after facing them to learn some more tips.

Please let me know anything I can do to help this great project!

And to its organizers......THANK YOU!
    edited December 2012
    mrgrocer56 wrote: »
    I also just registered on the site @mrgrocer. I have been pvping since beta, took a long break and slowly getting back into the swing of the things. I know I am definitely not coach material but would like to help this project in any way that I can, as STO is the only game I have ever became a serious pvper in. I am not very vocal on OPvP but lurk a lot and try to talk to some of our better players after facing them to learn some more tips.

Please let me know anything I can do to help this great project!

And to its organizers......THANK YOU!

Thanks for this note. At this point, where we most need help is in the area of advertisement. You may have noticed that @drkfrontiers provided directions (See above) for how to create a keybind that will provide people with a link to the Boot Camp website. "Spam" this whenever you have finished a PvP match or at in Kerrat, etc. Also, if you could like your whole fleet know about the event, we would appreciate that as well. And finally, even if you have been PvP-ing for a while, considering showing up for the first event. It is very likely that in the future we will have advanced courses for people like you who have the basics but need something to take them to their next levels.
  • mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for this note. At this point, where we most need help is in the area of advertisement. You may have noticed that @drkfrontiers provided directions (See above) for how to create a keybind that will provide people with a link to the Boot Camp website. "Spam" this whenever you have finished a PvP match or at in Kerrat, etc. Also, if you could like your whole fleet know about the event, we would appreciate that as well. And finally, even if you have been PvP-ing for a while, considering showing up for the first event. It is very likely that in the future we will have advanced courses for people like you who have the basics but need something to take them to their next levels.

Sounds great, will do on all counts. Already put myself down on the event calendar, if that is just for coaches, let me know and I will remove it.
    edited December 2012
    Are you Seven of Eleven? If so, then yes, we got it. Thanks! Let me know if that is not your "designation."=)

No, I'm not. @cliftona91 is my @ handle
    edited December 2012
    No, I'm not. @cliftona91 is my @ handle

hmmm, I am not seeing your name in the members list and I don't see any open applications. Is it possible that you have another shivtr account and that your screen name shows up as something different?

One more question. You filled out the application, right? Or did you just register for a Shivtr account? If you don't mind, please make sure you filled out an application (see the "Apply to Community" link on the right hand side of the page). If this doesn't work I will consult with drkfrontiers, who is the site creator. Sorry for the inconvenience!!
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Awesome, that bind will come in handy. I'll also make the push to try to get some of the fleetmates who said they were interested in learning to register for bootcamp :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Great news!
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks, Aquitaine. I have you down on the Boot Camp website as a coach rank. You should be able to see this by checking your status. Please just confirm for me your @handle ingame. Is it @aquitaine? Thanks!

@Aquitaine985 - Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think unless Cryptic fixes the T4 stuff, you can just cancel bootcamp.

If the students have Omega T4 shield healing, they will be virtually immortal. How could you possibly teach PVP if nobody ever explodes?
  • devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited December 2012
    mancom wrote: »
    I think unless Cryptic fixes the T4 stuff, you can just cancel bootcamp.

If the students have Omega T4 shield healing, they will be virtually immortal. How could you possibly teach PVP if nobody ever explodes?

It would be a shame to dismiss over 200 applicants.
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • wolfpack12cwolfpack12c Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have to agree I have the omega T4 healing and I looking at 1.8k heals every 6 sec... Now that's per facing shield so if I run a tac team with that it = almost god mode... But on the flip side I'm glad that the devs brought this up is such a great blog I even changed my ship name to pvp bootcamp and have had so many people asking about it sad part it that unless some of the bugs get fixed its going to be hard to teach unless your running FBP or DEM
    -"There is no such thing as an I win button!" "Um, Sir. Whats this button that says (I win) for then?"
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Heck with 200 applicants ( i expected 20 at most) we'll hand out free white T1 shields if need be. other then that i share hilberts sentiment. With the set pieces we can unequip, having a bunch of god-mode players will be....problematic

So whats the lowest hitpoint shield?
    edited December 2012
    Sargon, I have registered for the community, hopefully one of you guys can look into my application
  • maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i can change my ship name and i can offer any help thats needed if youre short staffed. (ie extra body to be there with coaches that need an extra body)

yes i know thats what an assitant coach does but i dont want to be titled anything, just offering to help.

dumb question-

can vets enter into the boot camp? that free respec is mighty tempting.
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
    edited December 2012
    maicake716 wrote: »
    i can change my ship name and i can offer any help thats needed if youre short staffed. (ie extra body to be there with coaches that need an extra body)

yes i know thats what an assitant coach does but i dont want to be titled anything, just offering to help.

dumb question-

can vets enter into the boot camp? that free respec is mighty tempting.

Yes, absolutely. As far as I understand the rewards, vets can get the respect as well. There are no limits in this regard.

I would like to talk with you about the coaching matter. I need the following from you:

- your @handle
    - Send me an email to the following address with the subject, "Coaching": sargon.priorityone@gmail.com. I have you down at this point as an asst. coach on the master list.

Thanks.
    edited December 2012
    Sargon, I have registered for the community, hopefully one of you guys can look into my application

Cliftona91: I am going to send this along to drkfrontiers, because I can't seem to figure out why your name is not showing up on the boot camp roster. Hang tight and for now just register for the Boot Camp day. I am very sorry for this inconvenience.

Sargon
  • maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, absolutely. As far as I understand the rewards, vets can get the respect as well. There are no limits in this regard.

I would like to talk with you about the coaching matter. I need the following from you:

- your @handle
    - Send me an email to the following address with the subject, "Coaching": sargon.priorityone@gmail.com. I have you down at this point as an asst. coach on the master list.

Thanks.

email sent, should be comming from matteo716@me.com
    i look forward to helping in any way i can.

i also applied on the forums as "matteo716"
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just wondering...will the PvP Boot Pack bound to character or bound to account? Can I do the PvP event with a character and claim the pack with another?
    Thanks!
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
    edited December 2012
    leoll2 wrote: »
    Just wondering...will the PvP Boot Pack bound to character or bound to account? Can I do the PvP event with a character and claim the pack with another?
    Thanks!

I just spoke with Branflakes, and this issue is still up in the air. Sorry I can't provide a clearer answer!