test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thoughts on Reputation Early at Tier 4

cletusdeadmancletusdeadman Member Posts: 248 Arc User
Thoughts on Reputation Early at Tier 4.

1.) I am trying to understand why Tier 4 and 5 projects are noticeably more expensive than earlier Tier project, yet reward the same amount (800 and 2000 respectively).
I mean, I can understand paying more for more, and I can understand paying the same and waiting longer (more XP required).
But I just don?t understand paying more for the same.
2.) These stacks of 20 consumables is getting old. Purchasing it several times to move it from one inventory to another because it won?t fit in the account bank. Did you think that maybe people would like to purchase a week?s worth for several toons at once and put it in the bank? Do you understand how long it takes to purchase all of it and the bank space needed to store it all? And you are telling us that more reputation systems are on the way- does bank space come with it?
3.) Not having the ability to drop assignments is lame. Not using the third slot for any nothing but upgrades, is lame. Taking inventory directly from utility belt before inventory and/or bank slots is- you guessed it, lame. These need to be modified and you need to think it thru next time.
4.) Nothing in game is providing rommy marks like the STF on the Omega side. That means balance it out because it is lame.
5.) And yes, we needed another thread on it to at least get an update. Everything else seems good though.
Post edited by cletusdeadman on

Comments

• Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    1a) What are the Tier IV costs? Do you have Tier V projects yet? (I've not kept track of how much time has passed since the implementation so I don't know what the highest someone could be right now is.)

1b) If the costs are that much higher (multiplied rather than relatively small additions), then yes, I'd love to see a bump in the XP they pay out.

2) Seconded. If the Consumables are going to be handled more like Commodities, I feel they need a similar stack size.

3) The Fleet System also doesn't allow you to drop assignments. This is basically "Fleet Holdings Lite", as it uses the same interface. I'm not sure how well the idea of dropping projects would go over as any inputs would be lost (no way to recover them).

4) Seconded, but what would the proposal be? Right now the Tau Dewa patrol daily gives I think 60 Romulan Marks for running it. What else would you propose?
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    4) Seconded, but what would the proposal be? Right now the Tau Dewa patrol daily gives I think 60 Romulan Marks for running it. What else would you propose?

"Elite" versions of the current PvE queued Rommie content perhaps? (Though I'm loathe to see how badly Cryptic can overpower Tholians that are already absurdly annoying to fight).

Add a multiplier for running TD daily missions on Advanced / Elite difficulty?

Add Rommie marks to the Rommie FE arc, and all Romulan episodes

Allow for CXP -> Rommie / Omega Mark conversions

Just off the top of my head...
  • Options
    seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited December 2012
    Does anyone know if the passive skills from the Tier 4 omega rep numbers scale?

Omega weapon thing +750 kinetic damage with 100% shield penetration. Does this 750 scale with weapon power?

I assume the +800 shield / 6 seconds does multiply depending on shield power, meaning with the borg shield at 100 shield power you will have something approaching 3000 shield / 6 second.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Everyday, I log in and have to insure that I have the following on every toon that is going through the reputation system:
    45 PSG Recharges
    45 Hypos
    55 Major Regenerators
    95 Industrial cells
    45 Stembolts
    45 Weather thingies (bad memory)

This is a lot of inventory space needed for a week's worth (or even several days) worth of goods to save time during the week.

This is a bigger cost for 2000 and 800 reputation XP each time.

That last slot just sits there until I have something to upgrade. You can't even use it to open a store or purchase an item.

If you click the wrong project, SUX2BU, cause you can't change it.

It is fairly easy to gain 3,000 Omega marks, but nothing is providing that level of Rommy-Marks. I am constantly running out, so am afraid at Tier 5 I won't be able to get enough for one day without 6 hours worth of grinding- not possible on a week night and not enough time on weekends. I suggest we discuss Elite versions worth more...

Yes, we are talking about EXTREME bunny tagging!!!
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Everyday, I log in and have to insure that I have the following on every toon that is going through the reputation system:
    45 PSG Recharges
    45 Hypos
    55 Major Regenerators
    95 Industrial cells
    45 Stembolts
    45 Weather thingies (bad memory)

This is a lot of inventory space needed for a week's worth (or even several days) worth of goods to save time during the week.

This is a bigger cost for 2000 and 800 reputation XP each time.

That last slot just sits there until I have something to upgrade. You can't even use it to open a store or purchase an item.

If you click the wrong project, SUX2BU, cause you can't change it.

It is fairly easy to gain 3,000 Omega marks, but nothing is providing that level of Rommy-Marks. I am constantly running out, so am afraid at Tier 5 I won't be able to get enough for one day without 6 hours worth of grinding- not possible on a week night and not enough time on weekends. I suggest we discuss Elite versions worth more...

Yes, we are talking about EXTREME bunny tagging!!!

Increase that to:
    50 PSG Recharges
    50 Hypos
    60 Major Regenerators
    70 Industrial cells
    40 Stembolts
    50 Entertainment provisions
    15 Terraforming Systems

for the last set of projects.

And romulan marks are a bit hard to find. The patrol daily will get you 60-75 depending on when you collect the reward, the rest is in the 5-10 range.

Only nice thing is once you complete the system you don't need to worry about them anymore.

Oh and you will need a total of 48 marks a day for the two projects
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you do the two daily patrols, you get 70 romulan marks, which is enough to cover your daily need for romulan marks with just the progression part as their 5 needs 48 per day.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    A good run of the Vault Web mission during bonus hour can net you 30+ rommie marks as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    The issue that I am mainly focusing on is the fact you can't get enough Rommy-marks to bank them like the STFs.
    Case in point, I can do the sector patrol, the cave, the other cave, the resque, and the vault ensnared and come away with 113 Rommy-marks. That is two days of reputation grinding, not purchasing anything else.
    I believe that I saw 500 marks for some of the store items like I did on the Omega side.
    I am not interested in gaining 113 marks per day- 150 tops when I can run three Elite STF's and tripple that number. We need a mechanism for gaining rommy-marks like Omega marks without the spoon feeding.

It's lame....
  • Options
    ultijuiceultijuice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Have you guys seen the numbers on the plasma torpedo launchers from romulan and omega reputation? 2,5k dps? Do you see the same dps? Isn't that some kind of bug?
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ultijuice wrote: »
    Have you guys seen the numbers on the plasma torpedo launchers from romulan and omega reputation? 2,5k dps? Do you see the same dps? Isn't that some kind of bug?

Apparently it has charges and will only fire a salvo at full speed then recharge.

I don't have on yet though so I can't report any more then that.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Epohh Raising is the best way to get Romulan Marks. I have 1200 Romulan Marks on my Fed. Although, that will decrease a bunch tomorrow with the Romulan Torpedo Launcher and Mk XII store unlocks.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am not interested in gaining 113 marks per day- 150 tops when I can run three Elite STF's and tripple that number. We need a mechanism for gaining rommy-marks like Omega marks without the spoon feeding.

It's lame....

Whereas, as someone not running STFs, I find that I'm swimming in Rom marks and won't be able to afford a Mk X piece of Omega ship equipment until sometime in forever.

Compare all the Rom stuff: 60-75 for the Patrol, 30 for 300 radiation scans, 10+5 for the daily ground mission, 400/week for epohh, etc. vs. 5 per repetition of much-more-tedious Defera invasion missions.
  • Options
    dertylondertylon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Because STFs dont grant Omega Marks ... oh wait ...

I actually run one just because I was running out of Marks, should last me for a couple of days or so, also Defera can be chained.

Problem with romulan marks if the Daily is also "hourly" as it can take that long, Enemy Mine would be a good source but its usually more fail so its not very dependable and you cannot pay me to run those Instance that give 10 marks.

Way to quote out of context... He's just said in the same post that he doesn't like running STF...

For Romulan marks, again there's the eppoh raising which grant marks basically through doff missions & the patrol (max 30 min, less if you team-up), that will grant you 75 marks.

Most of the rom. marks missions, are missions that needs to be "turned in". It's not like stf where the marks are awarded automatically. Which means that it doesn't matter when you do the missions, as long as you turn them in during the bonus hour...

But there's no denying that relying only on Elite STF for omega marks is ridiculous... Even STF players can see that, can't they?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I want a way to do Borg tagging and get pet Borgs that I raise so I can trade them in for 400 Omega Marks. It could be genetically modified wolverines that shred Borg to pieces. I am not fussy about it being Borg or pets that use Borg as chew toys.
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    dertylon wrote: »
    Way to quote out of context... He's just said in the same post that he doesn't like running STF...

For Romulan marks, again there's the eppoh raising which grant marks basically through doff missions & the patrol (max 30 min, less if you team-up), that will grant you 75 marks.

Most of the rom. marks missions, are missions that needs to be "turned in". It's not like stf where the marks are awarded automatically. Which means that it doesn't matter when you do the missions, as long as you turn them in during the bonus hour...

But there's no denying that relying only on Elite STF for omega marks is ridiculous... Even STF players can see that, can't they?

No, not really. First, you can do regular STFs and still earn Omega at a much faster clip than Romulan Marks. Second, there are methods of earning them outside if STFs, even if it is slower. Choosing not to do STFs (which omega revolves around) is a personal decision.

Second, I don't like doing most of the cheeseball New Romulus stuff for marks, but I still do them. Not doing them is a choice I could make (ie I could only do space stuff), but turning around and complaining about not earning enough Romulan marks would be a bit silly.

My problem with Romulus marks is that even doing all the stuff, it's still a slow grind.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Granted, the marks all said and accounted for will avaerage under 150.
    Bunny farming takes:
    4 tags for 1research,
    5 research for pup
    pup-moppet-adult-elder, each step taking a day.
    400 Marks.
    This is a day for each step and everything is bound so you can't use other toons to help farm it.

No, as it stands there is nothing generating marks (Omega or Rommy) at the rate of the STF's on Elite. So for the Rommy side, that is lame...

They need to sort it out and balance it, but for God's sake think it through before you change it!!!!
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ultijuice wrote: »

http://imageshack.us/a/img585/606/omega1wi.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img38/8110/omega2q.jpg

From what i can see, you can fire a torp every 1 - 1 1/2 seconds and to get back to 5 torps is a very quick reload time, seems very good - ive only used it in 1 STF so far but will try it out more
  • Options
    pilotman1pilotman1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thoughts on Reputation Early at Tier 4.

1.) I am trying to understand why Tier 4 and 5 projects are noticeably more expensive than earlier Tier project, yet reward the same amount (800 and 2000 respectively).
    I mean, I can understand paying more for more, and I can understand paying the same and waiting longer (more XP required).
    But I just don?t understand paying more for the same.
    2.) These stacks of 20 consumables is getting old. Purchasing it several times to move it from one inventory to another because it won?t fit in the account bank. Did you think that maybe people would like to purchase a week?s worth for several toons at once and put it in the bank? Do you understand how long it takes to purchase all of it and the bank space needed to store it all? And you are telling us that more reputation systems are on the way- does bank space come with it?
    3.) Not having the ability to drop assignments is lame. Not using the third slot for any nothing but upgrades, is lame. Taking inventory directly from utility belt before inventory and/or bank slots is- you guessed it, lame. These need to be modified and you need to think it thru next time.
    4.) Nothing in game is providing rommy marks like the STF on the Omega side. That means balance it out because it is lame.
    5.) And yes, we needed another thread on it to at least get an update. Everything else seems good though.

i agree. i just started stacking up my replicator things like the energy cells but i still need to go to a vendor every time they need a patch to make the vendor items stackable to 250 like the others or at least higher than 20
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tigerblade99tigerblade99 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They need to sort it out and balance it, but for God's sake think it through before you change it!!!!

Yeah right, Like they always do you mean...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Please... Cryptic. Add in the cancel function. A misclick can lead to serious trouble now!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Please... Cryptic. Add in the cancel function. A misclick can lead to serious trouble now!

Especially when you are at Tier 5. Up to Tier 4, we have that buffer where we can change queued missions for 20 hours, but Tier 5 doesn't have that. People will have to learn to queue up the next project and confirm it before they claim their current reward if the cancel project function is not in.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I will add my second to the following problems:

Stacks too small
    Not enough storage space
    Inability to cancel a slotted assignment.

Regarding slotted assignments, I get why it doesn't work in the fleet system, but there is no reason for the rep system to not allow cancelling slotted projects.