test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cold Case bug?

princedimwitprincedimwit Member Posts: 230 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Federation Discussion
I'm trying the panels they tell me to in the walkthrough but some of them aren't even clickable!

Please help.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by princedimwit on

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The ones on Defera? You and your boffs have to stand on them so they point in a certain direction.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • tvlartvlar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Position each of your BOffs on one of the corner circular stands. Try to get them standing directly on them, centred . there should be a column of light that appears around each one, as they take position.
    Position yourself on the centre dais, facing towards the back of the ruin . ( facing the back isn't really important, you just need to know where the back is )
    Rotate your camera angle so that you are looking directly down on your character. The back of the ruin, is the "top".

Ignore the "dropdown" prompts, that appear in mid-air.

There are 9 tiles . upper left is #1, upper right is # 3, lower left is #7, lower right is number #9. You are standing on #5. ( #1,2,3, are closest to the back ).
    Click on tile #8, then #4, then #3. #3 will most always give you trouble, and might need several repeats .
    With that, the Star Map piece should appear, in mid-air. ( most likely pinning your character in place. )
    Scan that as the prompt requests, and you are done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • princedimwitprincedimwit Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    tvlar wrote: »
    Position each of your BOffs on one of the corner circular stands. Try to get them standing directly on them, centred . there should be a column of light that appears around each one, as they take position.
    Position yourself on the centre dais, facing towards the back of the ruin . ( facing the back isn't really important, you just need to know where the back is )
    Rotate your camera angle so that you are looking directly down on your character. The back of the ruin, is the "top".

Ignore the "dropdown" prompts, that appear in mid-air.

There are 9 tiles . upper left is #1, upper right is # 3, lower left is #7, lower right is number #9. You are standing on #5. ( #1,2,3, are closest to the back ).
    Click on tile #8, then #4, then #3. #3 will most always give you trouble, and might need several repeats .
    With that, the Star Map piece should appear, in mid-air. ( most likely pinning your character in place. )
    Scan that as the prompt requests, and you are done.

y'mean like how it says in the walkthrough?

sarcasm aside, I beamed up, replaced my Jem'hadar and Klingon officers with others and it seemed to work. Don't know if hostile races are part of it but it did and I moved on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dbb00kw0rmdbb00kw0rm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My Jem'Hadar BOff worked fine on this quest. You might not have centered them on the panel well enough.

Haelyn - level 50 Federation Tactical Officer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I stream near-daily at http://www.twitch.tv/grapplerbot#
  • shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited December 2012
    I set a waypoint for my DOFF to wait on the panel.