test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Holdings should have a choice of buffs at each tier...

walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
So, the Reputation System is influenced heavily by the Fleet Holding System. The best thing about Reputations for me is the choice of passive buff you get at each tier.

It got me thinking that Fleet Holdings themselves could do with having something extra to them - like granting a number of small buffs at each tier. The buff applied could be determined by a Fleet-wide vote even, for that extra communal factor.

What do you guys think?
http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
Post edited by walshicus on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would prefer each fleet member able to choose which buff they got rather than everyone getting the same due to each fleet member having a different playstyle. Some like to do more damage while others like survivability better and there are others that like to add weird procs to their powers.
  • Options
    harrymonkleyharrymonkley Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No.

Fleets and embassies should never give buffs to player stats the same way that the reputation system does - this would patently unfair to players that choose not to be in a fleet, and those that choose to remain in small fleets which have a hard time progressing their starbases/holdings.

I don't really like the rep system as a whole, but cryptic have made the right call making it character specific for the passives.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you need stat boosts you can buy some consumables from your fleet vendor.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    fleetsolvanguardfleetsolvanguard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    So, the Reputation System is influenced heavily by the Fleet Holding System. The best thing about Reputations for me is the choice of passive buff you get at each tier.

It got me thinking that Fleet Holdings themselves could do with having something extra to them - like granting a number of small buffs at each tier. The buff applied could be determined by a Fleet-wide vote even, for that extra communal factor.

What do you guys think?

I like your idea it would give more value to being in a fleet but, the anti fleet/mmo people will try to shoot you down quick they don't want anything that makes this a mmo.