test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - December 7, 2012

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121118e.22

General:
  • Ferasans and Caitians can now use the winter scarves.
  • Resolved the issue that incorrectly allowed Romulan Bridge Officers to have their costumes changed.
  • Updated the location of the hidden Lobi in Cold Comfort so it's no longer incorrectly obscured by geometry.
  • Updated the Winter Event:
    • Added a transwarp to ESD and Qo'noS to the winter event.
    • Updated the FX for the Snowman Boss.
    • "The Fast and the Flurrious" now has a race official who explains when to race, how to race, and what you win.
    • Updated "The Fast and the Flurrious" to always award 2 winter epohh tags to people who finish the race without placing 1st-3rd.
      • Finishers must now click a "Finish" flag at the end.
    • Players in line for the single-person race are now safe from the snowmen.

Systems:
  • Free Snowballs now melt after 1 hour, instead of 10 minutes.
  • Updated the description of the Frosted Boots.
    • Removed references to a 30-hour lifespan, since they are now permanent.
  • Federation characters can now purchase a Purple Nanopulse Bat'leth, and KDF characters can now purchase a Purple Nanopulse Lirpa.
  • Increased the number of Holiday Collectibles received with a Critical Success on Holiday Duty Officer Assignments.
  • The Tetryon weapon ground proc now properly drains shields.
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Players in line for the single-person race are now safe from the snowmen.

The attacking snowmen certainly made the race more interesting. My third try around the track the snowmen came to life and attacked. I thought it was a little surprise by Q to make the race a bit more interesting. I still made it and won the race, though that snowman attack certainly got me to run faster and catch the NPC.
    Free Snowballs now melt after 1 hour, instead of 10 minutes.
    Thanks for this one.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Any word on Tachyon Harmonics fix? Borticus told us that it would would be in an upcoming patch a couple weeks ago. Any info you can share on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Why should you not be able to make costume changes to Romulan, Reman, Jem'Hadar, Android, Liberated Borg, etc bridge officers?

Give me one good reason that can't be reduced to some mindless "because I say so" BS. :rolleyes:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    defalus wrote: »
    Any word on Tachyon Harmonics fix? Borticus told us that it would would be in an upcoming patch a couple weeks ago. Any info you can share on this would be greatly appreciated.

I believe it is half fixed in this build.
    Word is that the Tachyon ground weapon proc is draining shields as it ought, but Tachyon Harmonic will need further investigation.

Feel free to hop on Tribble and see how it's working. I'll add it to the patch notes.
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I believe it is half fixed in this build.
    Word is that the Tachyon ground weapon proc is draining shields as it ought, but Tachyon Harmonic will need further investigation.

Feel free to hop on Tribble and see how it's working. I'll add it to the patch notes.

Thank you very much for the update.:)
    To be totally accurate, Tachyon Harmonic Rank 1 was fixed and works fine, but the fix failed to properly propagate to higher-tier versions of the power. This was just fixed internally after QA kicked it back to us, so hopefully there's still time to get it verified and squeezed into the next patch.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    darkshadowstodarkshadowsto Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    To be totally accurate, Tachyon Harmonic Rank 1 was fixed and works fine, but the fix failed to properly propagate to higher-tier versions of the power. This was just fixed internally after QA kicked it back to us, so hopefully there's still time to get it verified and squeezed into the next patch.
    Yes I can confirm that, tachyon harmonics III doesn't work at all anymore, but the 15% chance to completely shutdown the shields works....

Thanks for the fast response.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    [*]Resolved the issue that incorrectly allowed Romulan Bridge Officers to have their costumes changed.
    >issue
    >incorrectly

Just... why? Are Romulan boff costume packs going to be sold on the c-store or what?

These boffs wear rags and we cannot even changed their clothes though we can do so with most other boffs? It's not like they're some specific models like a borg drone or a breen. They're all clones that wear civilian clothing and you say this is working as intended?

Geez...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Since we are already on the topic of broken kits, any news on the bugged enemy neutralization kit ? Currently, the Transphasic bomb (III) just detonates if an enemy comes closer than 3m, without manually detonating it. And as another side effect it makes other explosives invisible and undetectable.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Reman, Breen, Borg and unique opposite faction boffs without customizable outfits ... fine with me. But please, don't do this to the Romulan boffs. They are not "special" enough (because there will definately be a lot of them soon) to "deserve" a special uniform. Please let us decide what our Romulan boffs can wear. Also, maybe now would be a good time to think about playable Romulans for both UFP and KDF faction ... that way you could save a lot of time and not have to do a Romulan faction as a whole and instead pimp the KDF faction to a full faction from Level 1 to hopefully soon 60. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Since we are already on the topic of broken kits, any news on the bugged enemy neutralization kit ? Currently, the Transphasic bomb (III) just detonates if an enemy comes closer than 3m, without manually detonating it. And as another side effect it makes other explosives invisible and undetectable.

Are you placing mines right next to the transphasic bomb? When these mines detonate, it also causes the bomb to detonate. As for the invisible explosions, yes, when the mines and the bomb detonate at the same time only one of the explosion animations display. However, this is simply a display issue. Both devices remain effective despite the fact that only one of the two animations played.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
        • Finishers must now click a "Finish" flag at the end.
    So players have to click on the Place Flag and then the Finish, or the first person to click on the finish flag? (Similar to the 1st Place flag, that the leader may not be the first place winner).
    Free Snowballs now melt after 1 hour, instead of 10 minutes.

Did you fix the Unmeltable Snowballs melting when the timer is up with the free snowballs?

Had my unmeltable ones poof when the free ones poofed. :(

We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new Increased the number of Holiday Collectibles received with a Critical Success on Holiday Duty Officer Assignments.

Any chance we can decrease the failure rate? And give a partial reward for a success?

Also, when are we going to see a Fix for the Power Tray Bugs?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Are you placing mines right next to the transphasic bomb? When these mines detonate, it also causes the bomb to detonate. As for the invisible explosions, yes, when the mines and the bomb detonate at the same time only one of the explosion animations display. However, this is simply a display issue. Both devices remain effective despite the fact that only one of the two animations played.

I'm not talking about invisible explosions, but about transphasic bombs, which you can make invisible in a certain way.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    * Resolved the issue that incorrectly allowed Romulan Bridge Officers to have their costumes changed.
    I have to agree with others in this thread: In what way is this actually an issue that needed resolution? And since there is no good reason otherwise, please unlock normal tailor modifications on all our other special BOs (Breen, Reman, Photonic, etc.). Thank you.
    * Added a transwarp to ESD and Qo'noS to the winter event.
    * Updated "The Fast and the Flurrious" to always award 2 winter epohh tags to people who finish the race without placing 1st-3rd.
    Great updates, thank you!
    * Federation characters can now purchase a Purple Nanopulse Bat'leth, and KDF characters can now purchase a Purple Nanopulse Lirpa.
    BEST UPDATE EVAR! :D
    * Increased the number of Holiday Collectibles received with a Critical Success on Holiday Duty Officer Assignments.
    This is neat and welcomed, but will you update these DOff jobs so that we get at least 1-2 HCs on a simple "Success" too, please?

Keep up the good work, thanks Cryptic!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    drtassadardrtassadar Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't suppose you folks would be willing to lower the rep gear project dil costs on the higher tiers? They're kind of a pain in the TRIBBLE.
    "That was not Mozart laughing, Father... that was God. That was God laughing at me, through that... through that obscene giggle."
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,196 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.25.20121118e.22

[*]The Tetryon weapon ground proc now properly drains shields.
    [/LIST]
    Will the 10% space Tetryon weapon's get fixed as they have around a 0.01% chance right now. the 2.5% space weapons seems ok.
  • Options
    ultijuiceultijuice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And any word on the Fermion Transceiver console? It is a bug or is it a wrong description? (Is it supposed to repair shield of your allies too or is there just a typo and the console really just heals hull of allies and not the shield?
  • Options
    redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks Bort!
    persephone51313persephone51313 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    is the Lobi crystal location for Cold Comfort still the right hand door panel that is opposite of the door to the Brig? Because if so, the only way I can get the "Inspect Door Panel" to come up is to jump and doing so, of course, means that the sequence can never be complete since as soon as you land it interrupts the action.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    When will these changes go live?
  • Options
    dertylondertylon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Any words on the bug for the "Zone Wild" missions in the Defera Invasion Zone?
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    dertylon wrote: »
    Any words on the bug for the "Zone Wild" missions in the Defera Invasion Zone?
    Funny, I just about to post that, along with another bug :D

Anyway, the more detailed info about those zone-wide missions in Deferi Invasion Zone: only half of them are affected (so far, the ones that are affected are Blow Back, and all three of the individual zone-wide missions from the City, Power Plant and Temple mission givers). They refuse to resolve, on the condition that our inventory is full... despite the fact that these specific missions reward Omega marks and expertise, not anything to put in our inventory. Even after 20 tries of trying to resolve, the same message pops up, regardless of whether our inventory is full or not.

And the other bug, which has it's own thread in the Characters Build subforum: The Task Force Omega Tier 3 passive Rotating Weapon Frequency does not appear to be working. Testing has revealed that the number of shots delivered to Borg drones before adaptation, before and after getting the passive, are the exact same.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,804 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    [*]The Tetryon weapon ground proc now properly drains shields.
    [/LIST]

I am very happy to see this fixed but it sure has taken it's time to happen. This only seemed to affect regular Tetryons and not the Polarized or Phased versions.
  • Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have to agree with others in this thread: In what way is this actually an issue that needed resolution? And since there is no good reason otherwise, please unlock normal tailor modifications on all our other special BOs (Breen, Reman, Photonic, etc.). Thank you.

Seriously, character customization is probably the #1 system in the game that is universally applauded and is really well done. Locking BOFFs into a set look (especially ones that don't need to be like Photonic Android and Reman) is just... odd. But given how bad S7 is, I guess it's expected.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,804 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    atomictiki wrote: »
    Seriously, character customization is probably the #1 system in the game that is universally applauded and is really well done. Locking BOFFs into a set look (especially ones that don't need to be like Photonic Android and Reman) is just... odd. But given how bad S7 is, I guess it's expected.

We are still miles behind Champions Online. Cryptic even disabled some chat box commands that used to allow players to mix off duty and duty costume pieces. :(
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    jcsww wrote: »
    We are still miles behind Champions Online. Cryptic even disabled some chat box commands that used to allow players to mix off duty and duty costume pieces. :(
    While I didn't know about any chat box commands, I do agree about STO/CO tailors. I wish STO allowed more control over body/face appearance (though both games could do with a cheek bone adjustor). But more than anything I wish that in STO all costume parts could be mix'n'matched whether they be on/off duty, STF armor, etc. :rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Increased the number of Holiday Collectibles received with a Critical Success on Holiday Duty Officer Assignments.

why ? cause they are easy enough to get ahold of tons of them , now Q's photo's are another story ;)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So we have to wait another week for the patch to get to the holodeck???? :(
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    I'm sad to learn that our feedback in this thread about Romulan BO costumization has been ignored. Now it's going live. So infact there will never be a chance for us to give our Romulan brothers and sisters a custom uniform or off duty clothing. No robes, not even a black civilian shirt ... nothing. They will all have their Romulan uniforms, in KDF and in UFP. I'm really sad. This was a great chance to give players a bit more than just another "unique" BO which is generally not used due to the lack of customization. I only use the Jham'Hadar boff to train my crew in Torp Spread 3, same with the Reman for Transfer Shield Strength 3. The Breen hasn't even made it into my roster at all.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010