test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvE vs. PvP rewards

tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
Why are PvE'ers rewarded for every match as opposed to PvP'ers?

Take an STF versus a cap an hold. It takes 3 CnH to get 1440 dilithium, but only 1 elite STF to get 960 (even before that it was 1100). Why is that?

Am I being herded towards PvE?

fighting peeps with real brains is tons harder than fighting an elite borg cube.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• foxalpha5foxalpha5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That is because PVE is the bread and butter of STO gameplay. Now I wish that PVP would be brought up to par with PVE, but only because that would mean more people playing. More people equals more money.

DeltaFox
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    stf's and fleet actions but we won't know till pvp reputation comes in
    I would think it is most of lock box stuff
    it probably will be season 9 tied with crafting revamp
    at that point i would think we would be properly loaded for pvp
  • seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited December 2012
    Lets imagine for a minute that pvp is brought up to scratch.

Lets also imagine that it become populated by people who actually know what they are doing.

Lets even go as far as to say there are no incredibly overpowered skills / weapons anymore.

So what do we have? A group of 10 people who never die. Yeah that sounds like a lot of fun. Its already next to impossible to destroy a cross-healed ship assuming both sides are competent.

Without some MAJOR overhauls there is no point in having more people play pvp unless you want it to take 90 minutes to get your 15 kills per game.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    foxalpha5 wrote: »
    That is because PVE is the bread and butter of STO gameplay. Now I wish that PVP would be brought up to par with PVE, but only because that would mean more people playing. More people equals more money.

PVP should not be abandoned. Here's why:
    - all the "builds" are done by PVP'ers which like to play with strategy, min/maxing, finding the optimals...

- PVP is FREE content. PVP'ers don't need STORY, they will play 10.000 x the same map without even complaining, because every time, there is a REAL opponent and the situation differs..

- PVP'ers do have money. They need to buy the new ships, consoles, they have to try everything

I really don't understand why cryptic is forgetting about PVP here.

Space PVP combat (some say, the ground too) is THE MOST FUN I HAVE EVER HAD, because of the 3D thinking, the good ships layouts, etc..
    edited December 2012
    Lets imagine for a minute that pvp is brought up to scratch.

Lets also imagine that it become populated by people who actually know what they are doing.

Lets even go as far as to say there are no incredibly overpowered skills / weapons anymore.

So what do we have? A group of 10 people who never die. Yeah that sounds like a lot of fun. Its already next to impossible to destroy a cross-healed ship assuming both sides are competent.

Without some MAJOR overhauls there is no point in having more people play pvp unless you want it to take 90 minutes to get your 15 kills per game.

go play Bloodline CHampions. 3v3, 5v5, 3 minute matches.. it is pretty balanced. people do die, some even twice, in these 3 minutes :D

btw - i can destroy a Fedball in 10s when i crit :D
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    tfomega wrote: »
    Why are PvE'ers rewarded for every match as opposed to PvP'ers?

Take an STF versus a cap an hold. It takes 3 CnH to get 1440 dilithium, but only 1 elite STF to get 960 (even before that it was 1100). Why is that?

If you really want the max dilithium out of pvp get together with a few mates, grab the pvp dilithium rewarding missions, take you psg off and set about killig each other on the ground.

I do that with a friend and in the time it takes to run 1 STF we make 4320 dilithium... so really, if you play it right, pvp is more profitable than STFs...
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    edited December 2012
    duaths1 wrote: »
    go play Bloodline CHampions. 3v3, 5v5, 3 minute matches.. it is pretty balanced. people do die, some even twice, in these 3 minutes :D

btw - i can destroy a Fedball in 10s when i crit :D

I said "competent" players. I practically never pvp and I certainly never spec for it specifically. I would also wager anything it would take you more than 10 seconds to kill me.

Exaggerating for effect is not a helpful part of any discussion.
    edited December 2012
    I said "competent" players. I practically never pvp and I certainly never spec for it specifically. I would also wager anything it would take you more than 10 seconds to kill me.

Exaggerating for effect is not a helpful part of any discussion.

the matches in that game are time gated to 3 minutes. who stands last, wins.

kill YOU alone? yes.. far longer, perhaps impossible..

critting with my special home brew strategy into a fedball? 10s max :D

it does not crit every time, though ..
    edited December 2012
    the matches in that game are time gated to 3 minutes. who stands last, wins.

kill YOU alone? yes.. far longer, perhaps impossible..

critting with my special home brew strategy into a fedball? 10s max :D

it does not crit every time, though ..

I still call bull**** unless your "special home brew" includes other people.

Then again even I have killed a bug ship + fleet defiant together in under 10 seconds solo. Its just a rare occurrance. It doesn't take pro pvp skills, just dumb luck.
  • overthetopsighoverthetopsigh Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    PVP should not be abandoned. Here's why:
    - all the "builds" are done by PVP'ers which like to play with strategy, min/maxing, finding the optimals...

- PVP is FREE content. PVP'ers don't need STORY, they will play 10.000 x the same map without even complaining, because every time, there is a REAL opponent and the situation differs..

- PVP'ers do have money. They need to buy the new ships, consoles, they have to try everything

I really don't understand why cryptic is forgetting about PVP here.

Space PVP combat (some say, the ground too) is THE MOST FUN I HAVE EVER HAD, because of the 3D thinking, the good ships layouts, etc..

I could not agree with you more. PVP is so lacking that it wouldn't take much to add new ideas to PVP. It's free end game content where every match is different so it wouldn't get dull. How much people replay the 2800? I bet more people spend more time PVPing then they do on 2800. That development time could've been spent on PVP and maybe we wouldn't have lost some of the PVP community.
    adamkafei wrote: »
    If you really want the max dilithium out of pvp get together with a few mates, grab the pvp dilithium rewarding missions, take you psg off and set about killig each other on the ground.

I do that with a friend and in the time it takes to run 1 STF we make 4320 dilithium... so really, if you play it right, pvp is more profitable than STFs...

This sounds so boring. Some of us have limited leisure time and would like to spend it doing something fun while still getting rewarded for the time spent. They spent season 7 rebalancing rewards so that everything is more spread out or equal yet PVP seems to be forgotten in this rebalancing.

I would argue that PVP players need better equipment more then PVE'ers because PVE can be completed with MK XI's on the hardest missions but good luck doing so in PVP.
    edited December 2012
    I still call bull**** unless your "special home brew" includes other people.

Then again even I have killed a bug ship + fleet defiant together in under 10 seconds solo. Its just a rare occurrance. It doesn't take pro pvp skills, just dumb luck.

dumb luck and a build which counts with it :D

im never under 3rd place in the dmg list.. but this discussion is not about me, but about PVP and it's role in STO