test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tholian Red Alert?

thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
Currently this event is worthless to me as it never shows up in the few hours I get to play.

I have run this mission exactly twice since it's start.

Otherwise i get to warp in and then out again, and it stays active in the sector for a long time after it's in this "completed" state. It also throws me half way across the sector from where I was.

How about making it show up more and having it disappear from the sector alert once it's completed?

(And dropping us back where we were when it was started)
Post edited by thlaylierah on

Comments

• Options
    thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This happens to me all the time, too... I click on the Red Alert, and as soon as I warp in, I get warped right back out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    unknownmgxunknownmgx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    same as op x 2
  • Options
    gemackgemack Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's been broken since it was put in.
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This RA is so broken that I am shocked whenever I actually get into a real one.
    :eek:
  • Options
    rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    they are hard to catch. oddly enough when i have gotten into an active tholian red alert there are so few other players that we fall way short of successfully completing it.....very aggravating. i have only won it once out of maybe 5 or 6 times.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Red Alerts have been bugged since they originally added the Borg Red Alerts. In fact, Sirius still has moments it fails to reset.

Hopefully they got a fix in the works.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    This needs to be fixed ASAP.

I instance jumped into 6 of these "Empty Promises" today.

It might as well be removed in it's current state.
  • Options
    pegasussgcpegasussgc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The devs should just make both the Tholian and Borg Red Alerts a PVE queue event with a 30 min cooldown. More omega marks would need to be added to Borg RA's and perhaps an elite version of each event.
  • Options
    larouche55larouche55 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is more than annoying. I've made it in once since launch on my main.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    larouche55 wrote: »
    This is more than annoying. I've made it in once since launch on my main.

You got me beat. I have never seen this working.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I like the PvE que idea.

I always wanted to finish defera for the faster remodualtors for my BOffs, but i might just wait to get the ground set that auto remods instead.

You'd think they would want missions to be easily accessable?
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I, like others, have given up on trying to run these as they're broken 99% of the time. :( having them as a PVE queue sounds like a good idea as they'd actually be doable then.

While this would take away from the 'red alert! - something awesome is happening now!' feeling the RAs were meant to inspire, it would be preferable to what we're currently getting from this event.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't do the Tau Dewa Dailies so i don't spend much time in that Sector Block to begin with (usually no DOff assignments there either),

either i do the PvE queue missions or fly directly to New Romulus.

i have seen the Red Alert Button TWICE so far and both times i warped in and warped out.

The same still happens in Sirius with the Borg Red Alerts.

Gozer said he knew what was wrong and wanted to fix it, but then he /quit

*shrug* figgures,
    the ONLY new S7 Mission that gives Dilithium, and it's broken and popping up so random that i can't play it anyway...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited December 2012
    Out of the 20-30 times I have hit the "Red Alert" button, only one has ever worked right without warping back out again. :eek:

That was yesterday, and I spent the first minute sat there shocked that it actually worked! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ruffiansevenruffianseven Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Tholian Red Alerts can be frustrating if I can't get in them quickly.

I have managed to be in 14 of them since they started. If I am looking for a Tholian Red Alert I jump from instance to instance until I find an alert. They often happen a few at once.

I then keep trying to enter the same instance even after it has kicked me out sometimes 5 times and then it "might" let me in.

If not I go to the next one. . . I give up after about 4 RA instance failures. So far it seems I have been quite lucky.
  • Options
    nikkyvixnikkyvix Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Gods above..this is still borked?

Has anyone actually managed to do some combat in one? If not, why has this not been disabled yet for tuning?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
    "Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've been able to enter two actual Tholian red alerts. The first had Tholians swarming all over the spawn point, about 2 minutes left on the timer, and the players who could do anything failed to complete it (I kept blowing up from the Tholians where I warped in). The second, about a week later I was able to play from start to completion. Every other Tholian red alert has been an auto warp back out.
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    those that can dothis red alert, are lucky i think :)
    I, for one, cant even find it! :confused: does it really exist or is it just another anomaly in the universe of sto along with allllll the other anomalies? :D
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    nikkyvix wrote: »

Has anyone actually managed to do some combat in one? If not, why has this not been disabled yet for tuning?
    On the 15 or more Tholian red alert I warped in, only 3 were not bugged. I won one, lost 2. The time limit is really short, mostly because Tholian use the web CC and it's really annoying.

Currently it's not worth it. However, there is a use for it, since you'll probably warp out directly after joining, you can use it to fast travel from the "east" to the "west" side of Tau Dewa.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    razhgalrazhgal Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i agree that the time frame can be really short.

u need some good dps while still staying alive.
    Romeo - Engineer D'Kora / Leia - Science Charal
    Sirius - Tactical Kumari / Hatschy - Tactical Scimitar
    lil - Engineer Corvette / Dark - Tactical Guramba
  • Options
    ruffiansevenruffianseven Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    nikkyvix wrote: »

I have won 11 out of 14 of them mostly in tactical. They are like other RA's if the group knows what it is doing it is not that difficult. My first try was a disaster.

I don't know why the Tholian Alerts haven't been fixed yet. I imagine it puts a lot of people off with all the trouble getting in. Please fix them!
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can't believe they actually fixed the Red Alert bug. False alerts since Borg Invasion 3 years ago, and they finally fix it.

What is the deal with the Web Mines. They can take my full health schimitar to dead in 5 seconds! Any counter?
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I actually have not experienced any issues with this particular RA. Well besides the occasional PUG of morons that decide to waste the majority of their ten minutes flying into the teeth of the Capital Ships over and over again. Otherwise I get into this RA rather easily and most of the time during my Tau Dewa Patrol Run in Japori.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,328 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    I can't believe they actually fixed the Red Alert bug. False alerts since Borg Invasion 3 years ago, and they finally fix it.

What is the deal with the Web Mines. They can take my full health schimitar to dead in 5 seconds! Any counter?

Sheesh Louise, someone call the Zombie eradication squad.

As for counter to the web mines: Kinetic Cutting beam, tractor beam repulsors, Refracting Tetryon Cascade and some lobi store goodies.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.