test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STF Accolades and Costume unlocks tied to reputation purchased stf gear only

pegasussgcpegasussgc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I think this is a bug, but I've already posted in the gameplay bugs forum about this. I have 3 toons with full mk xi omega and maco/HG for kdf one. On one of my main toons I have the omega force mkxi gun from the old STF system, so I decided after todays patch to pick up the MK xi shield and armor to complete the set.
Well, guess what...I checked the accolades and I've only got a check mark beside the Armor and Shield that I had just received from the rep system and I did NOT receive the costume unlock. I have all three Omega force MK XI pieces equipped and I have all the set bonuses including the Integral Frequency Remodulation. So if I could get some dev feedback on this it would be appreciated.
I have a couple of toons with partial MK XII sets so its disappointing that I will still have to spend the dilithium and omega marks on the pieces I ALREADY have to unlock the costume options.

Update: Similar to another poster down below, I also got a duplicate (so now 2) accolade for Omega Force Veteran, however still no costume unlock project available via the Reputation store.
Post edited by pegasussgc on

Comments

• borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2012
    This is not the way it is intended to behave. You should have completed the Accolade if the above information is correct, and unlocked the ability to run the Style 1 Costume Unlock Reputation Project.

We're investigating what may have caused this, and will be attempting to institute a fix that will be retroactive.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • pegasussgcpegasussgc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is not the way it is intended to behave. You should have completed the Accolade if the above information is correct, and unlocked the ability to run the Style 1 Costume Unlock Reputation Project.

We're investigating what may have caused this, and will be attempting to institute a fix that will be retroactive.

Thank you for the quick response! I can understand there being a lot of bugs when implementing a major patch. Loving Season 7 so far.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Thanks to Pegasussgc for posting this. I'm all good on the Mk XI gear, but am looking forward to finally getting my missing Mk XII gear, and I would be very disappointed if I didn't also get the accolade/costume unlocks. Thank you Borticus for looking into this.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Have the same problem, I have the MACO XI and the MK XII versions of the set.
    I only got the Accolade for the Mk XII.

I got the sets back when they were drop and EDC based.

Not sure which didnt add to the accolade, the tech drop ones or the EDC ones.

Also related to that is, that the Omega Mk XII set also unlocked the XI and X accolades, which the MACO didn't do.

So to get the Mk X accolade I have to buy the 3 gear pieces even though I dont need it at all.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That's odd, I only had 2 pieces of the MkXI MACO ground set, picked up the third piece a couple days ago and the accolade completed properly, and I was immediately able to queue up the costume unlock. I never even had a piece of the MkX set, let alone a complete set.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I thought that if you had parts of the accolade completed from before the reputation system you were supposed to unlock the costume without having to run a project?
    7NGGeUP.png

• xion21183xion21183 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I had the same issue with having a mkXI armor piece so I went ahead and requistioned the piece from the system When I got it it unlocked the accolade and the project but once I completed it and I went to the costume vendor the chest and lower options are still grayed out. I hope they fix this bug soon.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Guys? It just occured to me... I think the OP is trying to say the costume didn't unlock immediately.

PegasusSGC, try searching in your project list for the costume unlock project. You don't get the costumes for free anymore, you know.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • xion21183xion21183 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    its probably just a bug from the patch that they hoefully fix before sometime next month
  • pegasussgcpegasussgc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Guys? It just occured to me... I think the OP is trying to say the costume didn't unlock immediately.

PegasusSGC, try searching in your project list for the costume unlock project. You don't get the costumes for free anymore, you know.

I'm aware of the fact that you have to run a costume unlock project, however that's not the issue here. See this thread as I've already answered similar questions:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=475711

And Borticus already confirmed this is a bug a few posts up.