test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Purple Nanopulse weapons.

amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
Why are the purple nanopulse weapons faction specific? The original 2 werent, I was hoping to get the purple version of each for my characters. Also would it be possible to bring back the older ones too, perhaps as claimable from the litte green ferengi?
7NGGeUP.png

Post edited by amayakitsune on

Comments

• knight2309knight2309 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah I don't like this either... I have a Fed Klink that I'd rather have the batleth for:mad:
  • madeyemalkmadeyemalk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Exactly. I made a Bajoran/Klingon mainly and foremost for the nanopulse weapons last year. I missed it by hours and have had to way a year for another attempt, now they are faction locked? the first and only issue I have had with cryptic that has soured any desire to play
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Originals need to return. even for a week.

And I'm sick of Fed's always getting stick with Lirpa's Fed's use Bat'leths too. Hell for about a year and a half the Bat'Leth was the ONLY Melee weapon in game. I'd like to see the Borg Bat'leth make a return too. Maybe in Mk XI and XII.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Originals need to return. even for a week.

And I'm sick of Fed's always getting stick with Lirpa's Fed's use Bat'leths too. Hell for about a year and a half the Bat'Leth was the ONLY Melee weapon in game. I'd like to see the Borg Bat'leth make a return too. Maybe in Mk XI and XII.

They should up the ante and include nanopulse version of the other swords too. Narciscaans sowrds etc... would be nice.

but yes, I agree with everyone who posted so far - They should bring back the old ones, even if it means the last week of teh winter event - and should patch the new ones so that we can obtain both version of the weapons.

Heck I'll even pay ZEN for the old ones as a character unlock only.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just say it....you want light sabers. :)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Just say it....you want light sabers. :)

Can I get a Mace with that? :P
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    stark2k wrote: »
    Can I get a Mace with that? :P

oooohhhh Nanopulse Mace.......I likey. :D
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How will we tell the Vet's from the Noobs...we can't rely on Titles anymore...all we have are the colors now.

Red/Blue Vet

Purple Noob ;)

Edit: yes yes i know you might have an alt, or missed the last years finger to TOR...it's a joke...ish ;)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • r37r37 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Going to agree with this thread in general. No faction locks, bring back the old ones & allow us to pick the colour. I'd love them to have the new melee stats as well, but I'll settle for the above, maybe next year though ?

Ohh, wait WAIT ! Dual wield Bat'leth's !!!, make it happen ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They cite stupid, misguided "lore" as the reason for this. I'm sick of it. It's the worst reason for restricting item availability ever. How many Starfleet officers have we seen using Bat'leths? Worf, Jadzia, Sisko. Picard used one for the Rite of Succession ritual...

Put Bat'leths in the Winter store for everyone. Put them in the Federation fleet store. Put Elite Fleet Disruptors in the Federation fleet store, and give Klingon fleets the phasers.

Lirpas are the stupidest looking weapon in the game, and I strongly resent being told I should use one. No. They only appeared in one TOS episode, anyway.
  • allmyteeallmytee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    +1

Please for the love of snow let all the winter stuff be avalible to all. If anything in the spirit of "giving," they should be avalible for all to purchase

Besides if you wanna throw lore into it, these items are being sold by a ferengi, they would not discriminate against anyone who wanted to purchase thier merchandise. :)
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    stark2k wrote: »
    They should up the ante and include nanopulse version of the other swords too. Narciscaans swords etc... would be nice.

but yes, I agree with everyone who posted so far - They should bring back the old ones, even if it means the last week of teh winter event - and should patch the new ones so that we can obtain both version of the weapons.

Heck I'll even pay ZEN for the old ones as a character unlock only.

I would like a variation as well, like a Purple Katana or Purple Mek'leth.
    edited December 2012
    Yea at least give us the swords. The models are already in game, wouldn't take make to taint them purple.

Some of us would prefer a one handed melee weapon please. 'Tis the season :)
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    edited December 2012
    Yay!!!! Thank you bunches!!

Now how about some swords :P
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well all right. That's some good news, then. Thanks for making the Nanopulse situation right.
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would love to have the nano Bat'Leth for my Federation toon.

These are Fergengi merchants correct who care about profit not faction.

Bat'Leths for all!!!
    download.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Read today's tribble patch notes.
  • nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can we please get a refund on the crappy Lirpa we already bought so we can get the Bat'leth instead?
    So when does this patch go live?

Like my fanpage!
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Awesome, also answered my question in another thread.
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2012

So how about the old Blue/Red ones too? Let our alts who didnt get them last year get them.
    7NGGeUP.png

edited December 2012
    So how about the old Blue/Red ones too? Let our alts who didnt get them last year get them.

For free. Bring back Yodaferengi.

Like my fanpage!
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I gotta ask, is the whole purple nano pulse thing this year some weird twisted appeal to try to get more women to play the game because really, purple? Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Black, Orange, okay so you've done Blue and Red which unfortunately I wasn't around for but still that leaves all the other ones and you pick purple??

Worf was so worried about uncovering the truth about his father so that his dishonor wouldn't be passed down to Alexander and now you're giving out purple Bat'leths to the KDF...Hell even a Klingon female wouldn't be caught dead with a purple weapon.

Hhheeeeyyyy, we're the might federation of planets and we're going to spread peace and love with our soothing lavander colored bat'leths. Why fight when you can have this fabulous lavander bat'leth hanging on the focal wall of your quarters. Half the universe hates us and either wants to kill us or just straight up steal our ****, but that's okay when they see how cute this is they'll just melt away with envy.....

Give me a %#^*ing Break, This is Star trek not Barney and friends.

"Damn it Jim I'm a doctor not a ballerina!" ~Bones like saying

I'm a warship, I don't do cute. I rain down death and destruction. ~Andromeda like saying

Yes rant over, but no it's not because of the fabulously cute lavander oh sorry, purple bat'leth or lirpa lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    voicesdark wrote: »
    I gotta ask, is the whole purple nano pulse thing this year some weird twisted appeal to try to get more women to play the game because really, purple? Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Black, Orange, okay so you've done Blue and Red which unfortunately I wasn't around for but still that leaves all the other ones and you pick purple??

Worf was so worried about uncovering the truth about his father so that his dishonor wouldn't be passed down to Alexander and now you're giving out purple Bat'leths to the KDF...Hell even a Klingon female wouldn't be caught dead with a purple weapon.

Hhheeeeyyyy, we're the might federation of planets and we're going to spread peace and love with our soothing lavander colored bat'leths. Why fight when you can have this fabulous lavander bat'leth hanging on the focal wall of your quarters. Half the universe hates us and either wants to kill us or just straight up steal our ****, but that's okay when they see how cute this is they'll just melt away with envy.....

Give me a %#^*ing Break, This is Star trek not Barney and friends.

"Damn it Jim I'm a doctor not a ballerina!" ~Bones like saying

I'm a warship, I don't do cute. I rain down death and destruction. ~Andromeda like saying

Yes rant over, but no it's not because of the fabulously cute lavander oh sorry, purple bat'leth or lirpa lol

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mace_Windu

That link, and some of the picture contained with in will answer you question as to why there are purple nanopulse weapons (aka lightsabers)
    7NGGeUP.png

• voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mace_Windu

That link, and some of the picture contained with in will answer you question as to why there are purple nanopulse weapons (aka lightsabers)

Hell Mace having a purple lightsaber didn't make any sense either considering the normal was green, red, blue. That wasn't "pimp my lightsaber" and this isn't "pimp my Nanopulse" lol

BTW, thanks for that, now I'm gonna have that moron's whiny TRIBBLE, overused "He's too dangerous to live" stuck in my head lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    voicesdark wrote: »
    Hell Mace having a purple lightsaber didn't make any sense either considering the normal was green, red, blue. That wasn't "pimp my lightsaber" and this isn't "pimp my Nanopulse" lol

BTW, thanks for that, now I'm gonna have that moron's whiny TRIBBLE, overused "He's too dangerous to live" stuck in my head lol

... I dont think Ive ever met someone who hated Mace Windu's purple lightsaber (or who hated Mace Windu for that matter)... I myself thought it (and he) was awesome.

But honestly... there can conceivably be any colour of lightsaber in the visible spectrum of light, just because we had seen only 3 colours didn't mean there werent others. It makes sense from a scientific standpoint. And from an "Im a more awesome Jedi than you are" standpoint.
    7NGGeUP.png

edited December 2012
    When I think of Purple Lightsaber I think of Mara Jade more.

Like my fanpage!
    edited December 2012
    When I think of Purple Lightsaber I think of Mara Jade more.

I admit I dont followed the EU as much as I should... (I kind of stopped liking it after reading books after the X-Wing series where they start destroying the universe...) But I did not know that Mara Jade used a purple saber.
    7NGGeUP.png

• vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    +1 to happypandas.

Thank you for making the bat'leths available for fed characters. That's my favorite ground weapon ever, and I've even got a rl one too. But I have to agree and +1 to more color choices as well, as I'd prefer blue over purple. (Even tho I'm a female player ;) So ideas "bring more women to play" ain't applying, pink is horrible).