test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scanning

fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
Scanning is very primitive. You scan for anomalies and/or mission objectives at the same time. Sometimes the anomaly can't be reached (map disfunction) and then your scanning is also useless.

Recently we've got these little markers on the minimap which are very helpfull because of the above.

However I would like to see a more sophisticated scanning abillity, scanning for anomalies, scanning for lifeforms, helpfull for finding friends, enemies or mission objectives, and scanning for other mission objectives, like technology.
Post edited by fovrel on

Comments

• beerstickmanbeerstickman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Scanning is very primitive. You scan for anomalies and/or mission objectives at the same time. Sometimes the anomaly can't be reached (map disfunction) and then your scanning is also useless.

Recently we've got these little markers on the minimap which are very helpfull because of the above.

However I would like to see a more sophisticated scanning abillity, scanning for anomalies, scanning for lifeforms, helpfull for finding friends, enemies or mission objectives, and scanning for other mission objectives, like technology.

Basically...you want a tricorder..Go get the tricorder app for your smartphone. You will be able to walk around and scan till your hearts content.

As for having something like that for this game...I say No.
    I like scanning the way it is..less complicated, and something you can do while drinking beer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]