test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix Yourselfs: Embassy Provisions and Fleets

darren0kitlordarren0kitlor Member Posts: 36 Arc User
I saw that my fleet needed 40 embassy provisions to complete an entire project.
  • I spent 27500 fleet credits for 50 Embassy Provisions.
  • I complete the entire project for my fleet (using 40 provisions)

My Reward:
  • On the leaderboards for the embassy, I am listed at 0 contribution.
  • My fleet credits are now 6634 (they were at 30221 at their peak, according to the Starbase Leaderboard).

This doesn't seem fair that I can spend so many fleet credits and receive zero acknowledgement in my fleet for the contribution. I realize this isn't the bug report forum but I wished to warn others against using an ill-thought system.

My ticket ID #1,435,381.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying Season 7. This seems like a small oversight but obviously wasn't tested--at least by someone with a stake in the Embassy/Starbase System.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by darren0kitlor on

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Unfortunately, this isn't a bug. It's meant to cost fleet credits and give nothing back. Basically only for those who have large amounts of FCs to burn from the get-go. The higher your SB or Industrial Fabricator is (one of those), the less they cost to make.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • labtinnionlabtinnion Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This doesn't seem fair that I can spend so many fleet credits and receive zero acknowledgement in my fleet for the contribution. I realize this isn't the bug report forum but I wished to warn others against using an ill-thought system.

This happened to me a couple weeks ago. I just took it as a lesson learned and went on. We needed the provisions anyway.
    STAR TREK ONLINE Our ongoing Mission:
    --> To constantly seek better ships
    --> To acquire and upgrade bigger weapons
    --> To boldly grind what everyone has ground before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Otherwise, I'm enjoying Season 7. This seems like a small oversight but obviously wasn't tested--at least by someone with a stake in the Embassy/Starbase System.

I tested it, and I have a stake in my fleets' Embassies/Starbases systems.
    I have earned about 3,000,000 Fleet Credits (FC) across all my contributing characters.
    The Embassy Provisions costing FC were set that way to be a much needed FC sink.
    For those of us that have set a deep stake in our Starbases.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's a fleet credit sink. Just let some fleet credit millionaire from your fleet add them.

However, it would be nice if the provision contributions were counted for the leaderboard. You are, after all, contributing something, even if there is no reward.
  • admira1dixadmira1dix Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You are always welcome to join us at UEMTR!
    Cheers
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, this isn't a bug. It's meant to cost fleet credits and give nothing back.

Understandable - but it should register your contribution equivalent on the leaderboard at least.