test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Guide to Epohh's

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Since we know differrent, you should edit the misinformation out of my quote in the OP.

It's done. :)
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    deokkent wrote: »
    Damn... I discovered this efficient way of getting lots of romulan marks so I hit the forum to find the best method to get to the reward faster. What a disappointment, takes too damn long. Gotta thank you for the guide though, this was a nice submission.

Not much effort though. Like 2mins around epohh field tagging, then another 1 triggering off doff missions.
    So maybe less than 5 mins per day for 8 days for 400 rom marks. Works out at 50 marks a day. A decent amount.
    And the fact it only takes you 5mins or less means for actual time invested, it is well worth the time compared to running missions that take double the time for maybe half the reward.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just confirmed for sure that Forest Epohhs crit to make Yellow Epohhs. So the list is correct.
    edited December 2012
    Ok folks, with the Winter Event out, I will be making at least a partial guide to the new Epohhs.

Probably next week though. Why?

1. Don't want to yet. Wanna enjoy the winter event some first.

2. Need to gather info first, see if there's any guarantees of 'X becomes Y' when you raise the epohhs.

3. Kick more butt at winning the race (LEGIT btw), to gather a lot of tags to make a lot of puppies.

4. Ask what we can turn the epohhs in for? Or else it's really only worth doing it a few times, because otherwise you could collect a whole slew of epohhs you can do nothing with.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    just want to say thanks for making the STO community a fun place and sharing all your info and hard work.
    edited December 2012
    Ok folks, I'm sorry on the wait, but with them adding in Romulan Marks for Winter Epohhs, I've gone ahead and made a (shorter) guide for Winter epohhs.

Please look back on the first page, 2nd post.
    just want to say thanks for making the STO community a fun place and sharing all your info and hard work.

I'm glad I've been able to help so much.:)
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So for the holiday event, once you get an elder you are done? I have an epohh elder with bow -snow.
    edited December 2012
    karcorner wrote: »
    So for the holiday event, once you get an elder you are done? I have an epohh elder with bow -snow.

Actually you can keep on getting more and more epohhs.

I mean, if you only want the one to keep and never turn in, sure, that can be all.

If you are wanting marks though, you can turn in more tags every day, and raise more epohhs for more marks. As long as you have tags to turn in, and epohhs to raise, you can keep on going.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Anyone know how to get the different "flavor" Winter Epohhs? I'd like to keep one of each of the Elders, but all I can seem to make are the Mint versions. Anyone know how I make the Candy Cane Stripe Epohhs?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Anyone know how to get the different "flavor" Winter Epohhs? I'd like to keep one of each of the Elders, but all I can seem to make are the Mint versions. Anyone know how I make the Candy Cane Stripe Epohhs?

Seems to be completely random. Getting a crit will give a winter epohh with bow or earmuffs. That seems to be the only thing you can control.
    edited December 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Seems to be completely random. Getting a crit will give a winter epohh with bow or earmuffs. That seems to be the only thing you can control.
    Hmm... I've got a few crits now, but always get the Mints. :(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That's funny I always have gotten the Candy Stripes and have been looking for a Mint.

Must be random, I'll keep trying throughout the event.
    edited December 2012
    That's funny I always have gotten the Candy Stripes and have been looking for a Mint.

Must be random, I'll keep trying throughout the event.
    Huh. Well, yeah. Must be random. I too will keep trying (I mean, why not, right? Especially since now each "failure" is now worth Romarks, eh wott? :D).

• karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Actually you can keep on getting more and more epohhs.

I mean, if you only want the one to keep and never turn in, sure, that can be all.

If you are wanting marks though, you can turn in more tags every day, and raise more epohhs for more marks. As long as you have tags to turn in, and epohhs to raise, you can keep on going.

Oh thank you,

I forgot about the new way to trade in for marks. I have several epohh, now I know what to do with some of them. TY
    edited December 2012
    It's worth mentioning folks, that only a few winter elders are worth 200 marks. Namely the fancier ones. The more basic ones are generally in the 100 mark category.

Example:

Snow Epohh Elder - 100 marks

Candy Stripe Epohh Elder with Earmuffs (and various other combinations like that) - 200 marks

Still totally worth it though.
    edited December 2012
    still Totally Worth It Though.
    /qft.

:D

• titus1608titus1608 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My Forest Moppet grew up into a Ruins Adult.

I don't think this is the way it should be.

Edit:
    And I got my Black epohh from a ruins epohh not a mountain epohh like its said in the first post of the thread.
    That is one reason I'm not happy of getting a ruins out of a forest because I fear I get a crit and another black.
  • titus1608titus1608 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    titus1608 wrote: »
    My Forest Moppet grew up into a Ruins Adult.

I don't think this is the way it should be.

Just confirmed that with a second char.
    3rd stage is bugged.

How are we supposed to get an Elder Forest Epohh? Start with a Ruins Epohh?
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Good job with the guide mimey. :)

Here is the map to go with it:

Mimey's Guide to Epohhs (imageshack)

Feel free to use as you see fit.
    signwidrona.png
    edited December 2012
    idrona wrote: »
    Good job with the guide mimey. :)

Here is the map to go with it:

Mimey's Guide to Epohhs (imageshack)

Feel free to use as you see fit.

Awesome, thank you. I'll add this right away.

EDIT: Also adjusted the 2nd post in the 1st page to update some info.

It's also worth bringing up again, that having seen so many people get a Ruins out of a Forest, and testing it myself, there is no doubt of a bug.

Devs: When you do the Forest Moppet to Forest Adult DOFF mission, if you do not crit it to get an evolved epohh, it ALWAYS turns into a Ruins Adult epohh. I've tested it several times, and it happens 100% of the time.

Which basically makes the Forest Adult and Forest Elder mystical creatures, for no one has ever been able to raise a Forest epohh to that level in captivity. :p
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nice guide! Also, cryptic fixed the forest Epoh bug. Now they can be earned like the rest of them.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    edited April 2013
    Ok, normally I wouldn't bump this thread for an edit, but I feel this was worth bumping it.

I added an area under part 3 of the guide, talking about Paradan DOFFs. I've found them to be highly useful DOFFs for raising Epohhs, especially for getting epohh research.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    30 day rule :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    This really ought to be stickied over in the Academy forum.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited April 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    30 day rule :)

I figured that bumping my thread would be less of a violation then making a new thread purely to say 'hey, I updated my guide'. Plus it's not like I am spamming a bump every couple days or something, that'd be much more annoying to people IMO.

And Paradan DOFFs are quite useful for epohhs, so I felt it was worthwhile enough to bump the thread so that people actually knew so.

drogyn1701 wrote: »
    This really ought to be stickied over in the Academy forum.

That'd be nice actually.
    edited April 2013
    Question: how do you obtain the Paradan DOFFs?
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I figured that bumping my thread would be less of a violation then making a new thread purely to say 'hey, I updated my guide'. Plus it's not like I am spamming a bump every couple days or something, that'd be much more annoying to people IMO.

When Stormshade was around, "bumping" your thread to make note of edits in the OP was fine - although that was as long as it was within whatever the necro time-frame was at the time.
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Question: how do you obtain the Paradan DOFFs?

They're a Gamma Quadrant species, so you can buy Gamma Quadrant packs from the exchange, or hang out in the DS9 sectors looking for cultural exchange missions.
    edited April 2013
    hmm, might have some lying around then, I'll have to check, thanks!