test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

*sigh* I miss STF Wednesdays...

mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
For all the complaints I might've had about the old system, STF Wednesdays weren't one of them. More EDCs, more dil on a specific STF, etc. Even if it was Cure week, it was still an extra bonus regardless.

Yes, I know you can get a lot of Omega Marks, blah blah blah, I get it. I just miss STF Wednesdays, made the middle of the week more enjoyable to log on because of the bonus, instead of looking at it like just another day.

I'd really enjoy having that back honestly. Heck, having some events be on specific days of the week would be good anyways, give people more reason to log on, especially if they wanna do something they like doing.

Fridays could be a dilithium bonus day, Tuesdays could be Rep day, and so on.
I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
Post edited by mimey2 on

Comments

• atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It was an exploit and we should be thankful that it was removed.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    atomictiki wrote: »

and what has your "exploit" to do with the weekly event?
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    and what has your "exploit" to do with the weekly event?

The event itself was an exploit and gave too much loot and dilithium.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012

It was no more an exploit than the fleet event, or rep event, or dilithium event etc. An event is an event, not an exploit. An exploit is something that works in a way it wasn't intended to and makes it easier to accomplish something which should require work, like the quick daily foundry missions.

I too miss the STF Wednesdays.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited December 2012
    I actually prefer the new system. With STF Wednesdays it was one STF, one day of the week. I don't miss it if I have to work or if I'm sick of that STF/have the prototype loot.
    Now, whenever the event is I can play through it or not. If I have to work, or it turns out to be the middle of the night, I'll just catch it next time.

I don't think it was an exploit or gave to much dilithium. Now that they put dilithium back in, I don't think they're shorting us on dilithium either.

This weekend I played 5 STFs and ended up with 20 BNP. Some of them were during an event so I got a fistfull of Omega Marks- enough to get the cutting beam without running out of marks to level- more dilithium than I can refine in a day, and a few fleet marks that I can use when the BOFF bug gets fixed.

So far the new system seems a lot less grindy and has more opportunities for me to play.
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

sounds like someone couldn't play on wednesdays lol jk! :D
    :eek:
  • bullschizzybullschizzy Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    vinru821 wrote: »
    sounds like someone couldn't play on wednesdays lol jk! :D

more likely someone who don't do STF's:D
    "buying a subscription to STO is a lot like feeding pigeons, you give them food, they give you.......well you know":rolleyes:
  • bendamdaltronebendamdaltrone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    more likely someone who don't do STF's:D

Or someone who doesn't know his exploits from a hole in the ground.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The event itself was an exploit and gave too much loot and dilithium.

You dont know what exploit means.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bohiap wrote: »
    I actually prefer the new system. With STF Wednesdays it was one STF, one day of the week. I don't miss it if I have to work or if I'm sick of that STF/have the prototype loot.
    Now, whenever the event is I can play through it or not. If I have to work, or it turns out to be the middle of the night, I'll just catch it next time.

I don't think it was an exploit or gave to much dilithium. Now that they put dilithium back in, I don't think they're shorting us on dilithium either.

This weekend I played 5 STFs and ended up with 20 BNP. Some of them were during an event so I got a fistfull of Omega Marks- enough to get the cutting beam without running out of marks to level- more dilithium than I can refine in a day, and a few fleet marks that I can use when the BOFF bug gets fixed.

So far the new system seems a lot less grindy and has more opportunities for me to play.

I enjoyed it because it gave more a reason to actually play some of the others. It also got me to actually convince my fleeties to sometimes even do the GROUND ones. Let's be honest, now most folks are only doing Infected space, usually on elite.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • warrenhammandwarrenhammand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That "whoosh" sound is from the sarcasm going over so many heads. :rolleyes: