test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Space Weapons

kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
I noticed on the wiki that it had "Elite Fleet Space Weapons" as an unlock for Teir V Industrial Replicators, however when I looked in-game they weren't listed as something that any of the Teir V upgrade projects unlocks. Do these actually exist, or is the wiki wrong and there are only "Advanced Fleet Space Weapons"?
FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh, they really do exist, at the long, yellow brick road that is 'tier 5'.

The UI was just had that part of the text accidently erased about 3 or 4 months ago, and they only recently noticed it.

They are still there though.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its supposedly there. Just like the equipment unlocks at Tier 2 Science and the Borg Mk XII space set at Tier 5 Omega.
  • Options
    tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They're still there, the text just got removed from the description. Unfortunately, the only elite space weapons to get unlocked for Feds are phasers, and Klinks get disruptors. No other weapons get elite versions, so if don't use phasers, you might as well pick up some advanced weapons now.
  • Options
    balordezulbalordezul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    tcostik wrote: »
    They're still there, the text just got removed from the description. Unfortunately, the only elite space weapons to get unlocked for Feds are phasers, and Klinks get disruptors. No other weapons get elite versions, so if don't use phasers, you might as well pick up some advanced weapons now.

Just curious how you know what is there? Our fleet is getting close to starting that mission in the next month or so depending on what they want to do first.

Also if you have insight the the weapons that are not being displayed do you have any idea what the ultra rare hanger pets are?
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    balordezul wrote: »
    Just curious how you know what is there? Our fleet is getting close to starting that mission in the next month or so depending on what they want to do first.

Also if you have insight the the weapons that are not being displayed do you have any idea what the ultra rare hanger pets are?

While I don't have the link, I'm positive a Dev (Borticus, possibly?) posted that when the question came up of whether the Elite Fleet Space Weapons would be available when a fleet hits Tier V in Engineering. The answer was yes but only Faction-specific weapons (Phasers for Feds, Disruptors for KDF) because it represented each side's advancements in their specialized weapons.
  • Options
    balordezulbalordezul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Great and thanks for the info!
  • Options
    quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited December 2012
    Cryptic: sorry for all those who thought there were 6 types of Energy weapons, there's only one per faction actually!
    Brb, mass-buying Phaser Relays and Induction Coils...
  • Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And there's me who's sold 4 xi purple relays on the exchange over the weekend.

Oops.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And there's me who's sold 4 xi purple relays on the exchange over the weekend.

Oops.

If it's any consolation, fleets are at *least* 2-3 months away from unlocking t5 engineering, and that's if they don't go for the t5 shipyard first.