test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

29th century com badge = facepalm

conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
Are you kidding me? This thing can only be warn with the 29th century uniform??!. Before anyone says it...don't try to say it's accurate...if we were going for accuracy all of the others need to be locked in to go with their appropriate uniform.

While I'm complaining about this overpriced single character unlock. The pants are "wrong". Judging by the length of the fly and the location of the crotch, I can only assume they were designed for an 80 year old man with his pants pulled up to his armpits.

29th Century Uniform
Post edited by conundrumnsa on

Comments

• thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is it weird that I find the pants wrinkles to be the most interesting thing about that uniform?

I mean, they're really well done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    thratch1 wrote: »
    Is it weird that I find the pants wrinkles to be the most interesting thing about that uniform?

I mean, they're really well done.

The wrinkles are fine, the pants just seem too long from crotch to waistband.
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The Badge is just a piece of paper really. it needs to be reworked and allowed on Multiple Uniforms. I didn't make the thread "Combadge Customization" at the end of 2011 for nothing. the Badge needs to look like it has some back. literally.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm not crazy about com badges. I did get the uniform and at first I was like why did I waste my lobi? Then I went ahead and put it on and played with the colors and now it looks pretty nice. If this is in fact a single character unlock, I am pretty bummed about that. For 200 lobi, that sucker should be account wide.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well the romulan texture on the shoulder looks okay.

Ofc for 200 lobi's it's off the table.

Might pick up the kling version on the exchange someday though.
    edited December 2012
    I sold one set for 16m ec which is about in line with what you get as far as ec per lobi crystal. I still have enough lobi for a few more sets, but I think I will wait a little while.
    edited December 2012
    I didn't even think to check before i opened the crate. I really love clothes so I just wanted to see how it would look. At least I got it on my main character.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Went on tribble to check the outfits. Korath is amazing IMO and the Wells lacks the same level of impact of the Korath. Unlocked the Korath uniform for my KDF and Fed has 200 lobi crystals available for the next lobi store item.
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't understand why it took so long for them to make this uniform, it doesn't look that complicated to me, a pretty simple outfit. Regardless, for it being from the 29th century you'd think it would be more advanced. That's one thing I never liked about what we saw from the 29th century, their uniforms should be active systems that like harden on impact, providing protection, and have like personal shields built in. We are talking about a time period 400 years from STO's time period. A lot can happen in 400 years, and should have happened and things progressed a bit more when it comes to uniforms and their abilities on officers.
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm kinda disappointed that it costs 200 Lobi. The Temporal jumpsuit cost 150. So I'm not sure why this one is so much more.
    edited December 2012
    Well some people may put some on the exchange, but I doubt they'll be cheap.
    edited December 2012
    http://www.meinesammlung.com/user-pics_300/urob/20090401-023144-uVReu.jpg

One more remains. Also dev who works on clothes. if you look at the badge. it has at least 2 inches of back to it. same with all the other combadges in game. the one currently in game looks like a Pre-Season 3 TNG-DS9 combadge. and we all know how horrible those were.

http://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/default/yp_4e3d68f3510af2.59540028/Star-Trek-Voyager-TV-1995-movie-props.jpg

Here's a picture of the official prop from the episode. can you see the back it has? how much girth is emitted? The one in game lacks that girth and looks like a Piece of paper as I have stated many times.

Like my fanpage!
  • klaituklaitu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Okay, I have to ask..

Where the heck did you come up with 200 Lobi? I had some old keys laying around and I opened 13 lockboxes, and came out to 86 lobi.
    edited December 2012
    klaitu wrote: »
    Okay, I have to ask..

Where the heck did you come up with 200 Lobi? I had some old keys laying around and I opened 13 lockboxes, and came out to 86 lobi.

I have plenty of Lobi. I have a good job and can easily afford it. But even I am at the end of my rope with the TRIBBLE drop rates from lock boxes and almost everything cool moving to the lobi store instead of the c-store.

Things in the lobi store cost far far more than the c-store and even they are single character unlocks.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The Gold shoulder part looks like the Klingon pants from TOS.

It looks pretty spiffy.

I like my Temporal duds for now thou.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The Gold shoulder part looks like the Klingon pants from TOS.

It looks pretty spiffy.

I like my Temporal duds for now thou.

Gold?

I suppose it's shy but none of the canon versions of the uniform are gold.
    edited December 2012
    I made some excellent points in this thread and again it goes ignored.

Like my fanpage!
    edited December 2012
    I made some excellent points in this thread and again it goes ignored.

What points were those, again? Perhaps you should reiterate them because all I'm seeing is a complaint that the badge is too thin.

And I think the answer is:

The polycounts are on a tight budget. Ground models push this budget already. And Cryptic messed up by having a boob slider. Because badges will either clip or float. Your choice.

Any other solution adds polygons.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I dont mind the badge, I just wish it was abit closer to the uniform. Its like way way far from the uniform, looks kinda silly, other then that i love the uniform.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • klaituklaitu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "too thin" is a bit much. The combadge is two dimensional. It doesn't have any 3d structure whatsoever.. that and it hovers off the chest.

If nothing else, it needs to be closer to the chest

Fleet emblems also do this "hovering" but they haven't fixed that for 3 seasons now, so why start now?
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Judging by the length of the fly and the location of the crotch

Just spat my tea out all over the keyboard LOL
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And I think the answer is:

The polycounts are on a tight budget. Ground models push this budget already. And Cryptic messed up by having a boob slider. Because badges will either clip or float. Your choice.

Any other solution adds polygons.

Maybe you need to check that the game has video options and is not a xbox game .I have a pc that can run 4 instances of sto at the same time so why should I see mario 2D stuffs?If your pc cant run the game you can always lower the graphics quality in settings.If the game cant do that the graphic engine is s*** and it needs to be improved.

The polygon excuse works only for those who play sto on xbox 360.....I dont think theres a sto version for that so that excuse is not good.
    edited December 2012
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    Maybe you need to check that the game has video options and is not a xbox game .I have a pc that can run 4 instances of sto at the same time so why should I see mario 2D stuffs?If your pc cant run the game you can always lower the graphics quality in settings.If the game cant do that the graphic engine is s*** and it needs to be improved.

The polygon excuse works only for those who play sto on xbox 360.....I dont think theres a sto version for that so that excuse is not good.

Because the game is designed to run on an XBOX and on people's systems who are less powerful than yours?

And adding a tracking thing to place combadge does require extra polygons, albeit invisible ones.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Because the game is designed to run on an XBOX and on people's systems who are less powerful than yours?

Then remove all graphic settings and go play it on xbox .in my universe sto is only on PC and has graphics options to allow people run the game on slower systems.It seems in your universe sto is on xbox and has no graphics options.
    And adding a tracking thing to place combadge does require extra polygons, albeit invisible ones.

No it requires major BS and laziness as excuse.You will find the same excuse on every console game port.This is a mmo for PC .If they cant make games for PC then they should move to consoles because its easier.TNG combadge has more polygons than this 2D thing.They need better excuse.

2D objects in 3D ...wtf.Next update ...mario with spaceships.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Comm badge looks quarky anyways, why not change it - there are alot better ones to select from at the tailor.

Besides, can you combo the uniform with other uniform sets?

I mean, you don't necessarily have to choose the default pants from that particular uniform set.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    that uniform looks naff man really...
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't understand why it took so long for them to make this uniform, it doesn't look that complicated to me, a pretty simple outfit. Regardless, for it being from the 29th century you'd think it would be more advanced. That's one thing I never liked about what we saw from the 29th century, their uniforms should be active systems that like harden on impact, providing protection, and have like personal shields built in. We are talking about a time period 400 years from STO's time period. A lot can happen in 400 years, and should have happened and things progressed a bit more when it comes to uniforms and their abilities on officers.

The shows, and by extension the game have always emphasized space explorers as avid pajama users.....
  • lirvaevoli07lirvaevoli07 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    what does the badge or uniform look like?
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    olivia211 wrote: »
    I didn't even think to check before i opened the crate. I really love clothes so I just wanted to see how it would look. At least I got it on my main character.

After so many issues with such things in Champions (which people weren't even being forced to "buy" they could earn them via killing mobs) you'd think they'd have learned their lesson at Cryptic.

I'd totally buy this if it were an account unlock considering to get 200 Lobi you've got to get a minimum of 20 boxes opened which is, what, twice or three times the cost of an account wide costume on the C-Store?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I like the 29th century top with the Enterprise era pants. They match up pretty well.