test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

auto lock weapons not working

princedimwitprincedimwit Member Posts: 230 Arc User
edited December 2012 in The Academy
I got a new ship, a pretty kick butt one but when I approach an enemy, my weapons don't automatically fire anymore at ships within range. In fact, I can be firing on one, it'll get bowed up good but I won't be able to fire on another for a while. There doesn't seem to be any cooling down of any kind. Just won't fire.

I'd like to be able to have the ship fire automatically at enemies within range (that I can see on screen) like I was able to before.

Thanks in advance for your help

(Maybe it was the respec I did...)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by princedimwit on

Comments

• oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Have you checked your settings in options? It could be that they were reset when you got your new ship.
  • mcitoshimcitoshi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Right click on the weapon icons (next to the skills tray or on the skills tray if you have them there) they will turn green, this means auto fire has been activated. Without it you have to mash space bar alot . . like back in the day . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    One annoying thing I've noticed lately is that my autofire just turns off in the middle of a fight. Well, autofire is still green, but I stop firing. And then I have to hit my fire button again in order to get it to fire again.

This has only been happening since this weekend.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • dbb00kw0rmdbb00kw0rm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If in any way you break the lock on the enemy, no matter how briefly, the autoshoot will end and you have to re-initiate it. Very annoying in intense space battles.

Haelyn - level 50 Federation Tactical Officer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I stream near-daily at http://www.twitch.tv/grapplerbot#
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    dbb00kw0rm wrote: »
    If in any way you break the lock on the enemy, no matter how briefly, the autoshoot will end and you have to re-initiate it. Very annoying in intense space battles.

That's only if you have it set to 'Toggle, change cancels'. If you go into your Options / Controls, you can change it to 'Toggle, never cancels', 'Toggle, never cancels', 'Toggle, non-combat cancels', or 'Maintain' to prevent that.