test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Slightly insane answer to AFK?

sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Here goes

We create a fleet action
lasting twenty minutes and awarding 30 fleet marks.
Where you perform "Long range sensor scans of the neutral zone"
Your ship sits there for 20 minutes
unmoving
no one attacks you
nothing moves

just five guys sitting afk

It gets better

We have a STF called "on night guard"
where five afkers stand in a darkened corridor for 20 minutes to get omega marks
nothing happens nothing attacks

We can have a romulan one as well called "Wait for the ambassador"
as above only with chairs

No more AFKing

There could even be a PVP version called "cease fire"
Live long and Prosper
Post edited by sollvax on

Comments

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah but whats to stop people from just moving on and afking the next stf when they are done with these? Not all people go afk when they sit there and do nothing, some people are still at keyboards and need on free gear that they put no effort for.

I've had that before, they just sit there and do nothing and need on all gear. Only time they moved when Donatra aimed her super scimitar cannon at them.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    we make the new one better value for time basically
    Live long and Prosper
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    you're so silly! :rolleyes:
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    troll post, but I love it!!
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Damned if we do damned if we don't...
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • decker03decker03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Man trollvax, this one actually made me laugh. Nice.

Got a huge bunch of AFKers lately or whats up with this?

decker999
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What we need is a Report Feature that names and shames people who AFK during the mission. Failing that, when you interact with something, kill an enemy soldier or blow up an enemy ship, each player gets skill points (am I right here?). If not, then they should do.

Come the end of the mission, if any given player hasn't got a certain amount of skill points, they don't get any rewards. The drops that they've managed to get are then reset and distributed to other players upon the mission completion (you'd have to stick around in the sector after the mission to get them) whilst the other players get kicked.

It's a simple and effective solution, now can it be implemented?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i would call it: Dinner time with the Borg...

"Bon appetit, we will handle the borg for you while you have dinner, Sir! <FirstOfficer> you have the bridge."

you are free to eat now <playername>. come back in about 15 minutes to collect your rewards.

love it! actually i'm doing ISE while i was typing this:D

na...just trolling the troll, i'm having breakfast!
    Come the end of the mission, if any given player hasn't got a certain amount of skill points, they don't get any rewards. The drops that they've managed to get are then reset and distributed to other players upon the mission completion (you'd have to stick around in the sector after the mission to get them) whilst the other players get kicked.

It's a simple and effective solution, now can it be implemented?

nice idea, i certainly can't come up with a good reason against this...but somebody will. Does it matter? No, even if a dev reads this the odds something of that kind will be implemented are very slim...and probably it would be implemented in a distorted way that breaks more stuff than it does good.
    simple solution already in place elite/normal stf channel...no afkers there. a bug free invention from players.
    Go pro or go home
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The frightening part is that this is a better solution than anything else put in game so far to deal with AFKers
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
    edited December 2012
    I stole the idea from the Uk monster raving loony partys employment policy

which is to pay the unemployed MORE benefits if they agree to stay home and play on playstation/computer games (thus allowing those actually keen to work a clear run at jobs)

And it would work
    imagine logging into an incursion and doing a run with 5 active players for a change

or a STF without someone sat at spawn point
    Live long and Prosper
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How does paying them to AFK for twenty minutes encourage them not to do the same in a proper mission?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited December 2012
    Because they can get more doing it in the AFK mission AND theres no cool down

Basically its a free lunch and people who AFK (ie lazy people) like a free lunch
    Live long and Prosper
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    AFK in STO PvP is nothing new to the MMO... abbreviations from Hell. LOL

But really, this happens in a lot of online games I play. In Guild Wars whole teams just resign to allow the other team to win. If you go into PvP in WoW, GW, or SWTOR it is all the same old thing. They sure know how to mess up our fun with them just wanting to earn achievements.

Maybe AFKers should get an achievement from all the MMOs they are NOT playing. Something like a title to wear, "I spent a **** load of money on this game just so I can stand around like a moron!".

Meanwhile try to enjoy the game.
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    Here goes

We create a fleet action
    lasting twenty minutes and awarding 30 fleet marks.
    Where you perform "Long range sensor scans of the neutral zone"
    Your ship sits there for 20 minutes
    unmoving
    no one attacks you
    nothing moves

just five guys sitting afk

It gets better

We have a STF called "on night guard"
    where five afkers stand in a darkened corridor for 20 minutes to get omega marks
    nothing happens nothing attacks

We can have a romulan one as well called "Wait for the ambassador"
    as above only with chairs

No more AFKing

There could even be a PVP version called "cease fire"

lmao too funny, they sound like awesome missions for afk people
    :eek: