test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulans, the topic of today

thomasrumthomasrum Member Posts: 15 Arc User
With the rise of New Romulus, what do you think will or would happen with the Romulans as a people or an Emipre?

::: Disclaimer :::
I'm not a dev for cryptic, just a person that like reading what people have to say.
Post edited by thomasrum on

Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Give them a Generation and they will be back to their full power and place in society
    Live long and Prosper
  • dwadsdwaddwadsdwad Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They will probably bide their time until they regain their strength again and ultimately stab everyone in the back (including the Remans) and go back to their sneaky hobbit ways.

Best thing Feds/KDF could do right now is nuke the TRIBBLE out of them.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    dwadsdwad wrote: »
    They will probably bide their time until they regain their strength again and ultimately stab everyone in the back (including the Remans) and go back to their sneaky hobbit ways.

Best thing Feds/KDF could do right now is nuke the TRIBBLE out of them.

And if Cryptic were interested in having the KDF do what it would actually do in these circumstances, that would already have happened. . .or they'd have conquered that silly colony in the name of the Empire, and appropriated Romulan technology.

The whole thing disgusts me, the way it's being handled. One of the reasons I don't use the Romulan zone. That, and it's ground. I hate ground BS. I haven't done anything on Nukara, and only beamed down to Defera once for about 20 minutes. Of course, these three effing zones represent a ridiculous amount of Cryptic's time and resources. . .so in the meantime, I'm forced to stick with content that hasn't been significantly upgraded or added to for a LONG time (especially PvP). I do Klingon content (by which, I don't mean that pasty cross-faction BS that they laughably call 'KDF content'), and I do PvP. Neither of which are on Cryptic's list of priorities, seemingly.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    12 of them will be revealed as cylons.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    thomasrum wrote: »
    With the rise of New Romulus, what do you think will or would happen with the Romulans as a people or an Emipre?

::: Disclaimer :::
    I'm not a dev for cryptic, just a person that like reading what people have to say.

The Klingon Empire finally stops pretending it's a part of the Federation, and finally conquers those backstabbing, green-blooded petaQ'mey, and appropriates their cloaking technology into KDF military technology.

THEN we stop TRIBBLE around with the Federation and finish it off like the lame animal it is.

Ah, one can dream, at least. . .
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    what would happen?

D'Tan and his 100 people will live in the colony, heavily guarded by FED, KDF and Tal Shiar

rest of the romulans splits into another factions - free traders, clans, etc, makes their own Colonies

Then Tal Shiar or Sela, or someone with a big gun or a big mouth comes, conquers it all and the new RSE will be born, New Romulus will not be a part of it (will join Federation some day - effectively achieving the goal to reunite with Vulcan's, the Klingons will be raiding it for a Sunday's blood bath -I'm so gonna enjoy this )..

what will happen?
    wait and see

what i would like to see happen?

i wanna see Rator III and wanna play the new Romulan faction under Sela's reign
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    most likely form into the "Romulan Star Republic"
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2012
    In the upcoming 2013 Star Trek Movie, JJ sends the Alternate Kirk/Spock back to our timeline to blow up Mol'Rihan.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, if its like the TV shows: Everyone will be allies until the big bad splits them up until our hero Captian uncovers it and everyone will be allies again.

If its like the game: We'll never know because the storyline will be buried in the instructions for a pug.
    <3
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The whole endeavour will turn out to be a FAAAAAAAAAKE! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • dbb00kw0rmdbb00kw0rm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    diotw wrote: »
    The whole endeavour will turn out to be a FAAAAAAAAAKE! :P

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Oh wait, wrong series...

Haelyn - level 50 Federation Tactical Officer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I stream near-daily at http://www.twitch.tv/grapplerbot#
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    In the upcoming 2013 Star Trek Movie, JJ sends the Alternate Kirk/Spock back to our timeline to blow up Mol'Rihan.
    Yeah.I doubt Gene would like JJs version of Star Trek at all although he isn't as bad as Bermon and Braga who destoyed the franchies.

It would be nice to have made up a Rommie toon up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    thomasrum wrote: »
    I'm not a dev for cryptic...

Say something nice about the game. I bet you'll be called one within five posts.
    <3
  • admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Perhaps when tier 5 unlocks you can open a Time Portal in the caves of New Romulis and take your ship back to the Battle of Narendra 3 and fight the Romulns and Bring back the Enterprise C and thats how they will introduce the Ambassodor class to the game? I know wishful thinking.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    age03 wrote: »
    Yeah.I doubt Gene would like JJs version of Star Trek at all although he isn't as bad as Bermon and Braga who destoyed the franchies.

It would be nice to have made up a Rommie toon up.

If it was not for Rick Berman, TNG would have flopped after season 2, and Trek would have died a long time ago.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't know, but as long as they start shipping those snazzy new shirts of theirs all over the galaxy they can do whatever they want.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited December 2012

why would he do that? Nero was a loner, Gene's Federation would NOT destroy a whole planet cause of one captain going crazy..

If what you say is true, the original idea of Star Trek is being misused in a very ugly way by JJ.

edit: found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuYVEUbs0Rw

in a box - they fly back to kill Nero BEFORE he gets to our timeline, klingons help the feds, timeline is restored, Nero's ship flies into a sun, enterprise blows up and people get out in shuttles..

Wouldn't it be easier to fly back in time and allow Spock to save Romulus?

this will be interesting - still waiting for that Romulan faction :D
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2012
    :::tacopalm:::

. . . it was a joke. . .
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    :::tacopalm:::

. . . it was a joke. . .
    You need to make a mash up of the Picard Face Palm and the Tacofangs avatar. :D
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Hell Yeah !!!!

Kick those F*&^%ers when they're down - Heck they will only rise up again and backstab the entire universe.

So you think they'll accept Spock's Vulcan philosophical teachings, guess again, they'll become the next Maquis type terrorist group, but religious.

"Look out! There goes Starfleet Academy!" Poof
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have no doubt that D'Tan is true to his word, and that Reman character of who's name I can't spell (so I wont even try) wants peace and equality for his people. I think they are both genuine about wanting peace with their neighbours, so for as long as they're both around, peace is what we will have.

The Tal Shiar still exists, though they might as well be thought of as their own faction now. Any Romulans that grow up on Mol'Rihan that would otherwise want the old ways can go join up with the Tal Shiar (no doubt the Tal Shiar would have operatives on Mol'Rihan looking for talent anyway).

They will no doubt eventually build up a military force again, though for the most part, that'll probably be to defend their borders. I can see them becoming allies or friends of the Federation, and its safe to say that (knowing by later centuries) at some point in the future they will join the Federation; just as the Klingons will.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222