test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hair Styles Thread! Post At Your Leasure!

rachelj88rachelj88 Member Posts: 465 Arc User
edited December 2012 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Dear Cryptic and to those Art Designers I admire at times for their work.

Heya, I'm a tailor addict as I proclaim... sometimes... and accused of being by friends online...
I'd like to request more hair styles... I like the long hair styles that you've created but as I'm a Starfleet Captain letting my hair down is sometimes frowned upon. but I want more! :)

anyways I played Sims2 for... well... too long. I was pretty active retexturing during the Orginal Sims making Starfleet uniforms :O !nooo waaaay!
but with Sims2 I generally kept my retexturing to myself.

anyway HAIR! I want something similar to these.
Hair-1
Hair-2

RachelJ88

P.S. - Feds have been screaming for Bikinis for a while and I've posted a few times in previous "short/medium/long term threads" about having one piece bikinis (I have lots of experience texturing them for sims2, the way to do it is to just texture over the body texture covering the basics) example of one piece Bikini
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by rachelj88 on

Comments

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Some new long male styles would be nice.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree a bit more of hairstyles would be nicer, as well as more C-store uniforms.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    aliendejouraliendejour Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rachelj88 wrote: »
    Dear Cryptic and to those Art Designers I admire at times for their work.

Heya, I'm a tailor addict as I proclaim... sometimes... and accused of being by friends online...
    I'd like to request more hair styles... I like the long hair styles that you've created but as I'm a Starfleet Captain letting my hair down is sometimes frowned upon. but I want more! :)

What we REALLY need are more hair styles for the KDF. They have what, three - two dreadlocks and a topknot, in the entire Empire?

rachelj88 wrote: »
    P.S. - Feds have been screaming for Bikinis for a while and I've posted a few times in previous "short/medium/long term threads" about having one piece bikinis (I have lots of experience texturing them for sims2, the way to do it is to just texture over the body texture covering the basics) example of one piece Bikini

Well here's as close as we have to a Star Trek 'canon' bikini. How'd that look for you?
  • Options
    undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd like to see a few more beard styles, myself. A 5 o' clock shadow or something would be nice.
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd like to see longer hairstyles too, expecially if their skeletons can be applied toavoid clipping.

One I've been wanting for some time is a decent hime-cut - kind of like this on girl-Spock: http://omtn-dnfanzz.deviantart.com/art/Star-Trek-GIRLS-POWER-III-140132466

doesn't need to be quite as long, but, y'know...
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, more trimmed beards and short hair styles please. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    What we REALLY need are more hair styles for the KDF. They have what, three - two dreadlocks and a topknot, in the entire Empire?

Well here's as close as we have to a Star Trek 'canon' bikini. How'd that look for you?

Yes most definately KDF Klingons need a hell of alot more hairstyles, I'd think stylish hair styles would kinda go down a treat nothing fancy with fluffy hair I mean something like these...
    some Piccys are of ladies but the idea of what I'm trying to show is within the hairstyles.
    Hair-1
    Dread Lock Style
    Braids also would be cool
    An Actual Klingon Hair style

and that bikini Dax is wearing is fine, aslong as I get barefeet I'm happy.

RachelJ88
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Afro

That is all.
  • Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think the character artist should draw some ideas from animes.
    I'd like to see short and long hairs like these, a men's like this, another men's like this, ooh, and one like this.

More for women? This will do. Perhaps hip level hair? Something pinned up?

Well?
  • Options
    stealthriderstealthrider Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We need more of the styles NPCs get access to. When the /costumecreator commands were still usable you could see some of those. My personal favorite is Slicked Back 05--by far the best looking style for any race with forehead ridges, especially Cardassians!
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would finally like to see this iconic hair style available in-game...

mress.jpg

No more bald Caitians.
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I too would like to see longer female hairstyles in general, and also second manes for female Caitians.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    sumghai wrote: »
    I too would like to see longer female hairstyles in general, and also second manes for female Caitians.

And Male ones, they are cats.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    sumghai wrote: »

The top one looks old, the bottom one doesn't look like one anyway.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    edited November 2012
    to Sumghai's Caitian Piccy!
    This One!

My Oh My thats mean looking Kitty!

I'm thoroughly enjoying the posts in the thread plenty of Hair Style feed back, its really neat!

I'm thrilled that I'm not the only one begging for more hair!

I'm very much still in favor of the KDF getting more hair styles and uniforms, they are after all in quite despirate need of a hair salon...

here are some more of my hair style wishes!

Troi!
    Lovely Up-Doo
    Zeo Saldana's hair at the Bar
    Zoe Saldana's up-doo pony tail
    Samurai Hairstyle
    THIS!

RachelJ88
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree we could use more hair on all races... with the exception of Gorn and Saurian (that would look weird) I would prefer we stay away from the ANIME hair styles and stick with more realistic ones. I got a friend who I know would love Jean Luc Picard's hair style (yes the man has or had hair). Just use the entire series of all the Star Trek and all the movies as references.

P.s. Where are my Deltans?
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Or this hairstyle: http://i.imgur.com/ywKpf.png
  • Options
    zebdavampzebdavamp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Would be nice for more hair styles. I want to give my Rommulan long hair with Bangs. (Yeah it's the Vulcan toon, but hey close enough for a Romulan. ) Since hey Spock had long hair in The motion picture. Why not?
    I am dislexic this is as good as the spelling gets.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    illcadia wrote: »
    Or this hairstyle: http://i.imgur.com/ywKpf.png

I would buy a Caitian Captain, the slots for him, a ship for him, the crew, and get him to max level, and max out reputation if something like that was put in. :D
  • Options
    thehavrahathehavraha Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There's a lot of long hair love in this thread already so I want to point out a couple of styles that are on the shorter side that I think the game is missing --

Graduated Bob - There's already a bob in the game that I guess you could say is graduated, but it's way way too short to be considered the proper length of an inverted or graduated bob in my book.

This is a longer graduated bob I would like to see.

This is a more typical length: the Bekham Bob.

Here's a side view of a graduated bob for better comparison.

Again, since artists are not necessarily all about hair I want to point out that what makes a graduated bob "graduated" is the diagonal cut of the hair that eventually leads up to layered hair in the back like so.

Wavy Bob - There's an extreme lack of wavy hair in STO. So much so that actually, I don't know where to begin. But since I'm on the topic of bobs, I might as well throw in a wavy bob like so.

There's also unusual hybrids of style and length that end up making very futuristic looks (and dare I say fitting for a futuristic MMO?) like this ultra-long bob style.

On the topic of shoulder length hair though, black female styles are extremely poorly represented. Where's this relaxed afro in game?

The Pouf Ponytail is modern, aggressive, and dare I say a heroic pony tail that not only says get out of my way -- it says get out of my way with style!

And please don't forget that the tail can be doing different things on a pouf ponytail, like this waviness going on!

I'm sure more ideas will come to me. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am a Cheestah.
    Check out my Foundry missions
    Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
    KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
  • Options
    dwadsdwaddwadsdwad Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Back when Stahl used to do engineering reports he always put 'hair fx' into the list.

Im not sure what it is or what it would do but I imagine it may well still be something they want to add. This could add more styles...

As a Klingon player I would like a few more hairstyles than dreads however. Not many Klingons in Trek actually had dreads but there we go...
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    it would be nice if the character hair were to move when you do rather than it being in some form of isolated stasis.

It would be better if the hair were realistic and characters had some animation available (if only for roleplay purposes) to put it right after a battle or something for example you're running down a corridor and have your hair bobbing or waving behind you (relative to run speed of course) or if you get blasted across the room and land on the floor your hair reflects this and then you can use the animation option shown above to fix it (and have a reset on map change)
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    ^ to the post just above ^

I've heard things, rumours most probably. that the future hair updates that have been mentioned by Stahl, the update "or just new hair added in game" are going to actually move.

I am hoping that this is true and hopefully IS true, there are plenty of things currently ingame that are pointing to STO being improved.

for instance, on New Romulus, you'll notice little patches of blue leaves. if you watch closely they react to the player running by them, asif generating wind.

RachelJ88
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]