test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deferi Invasion/Nukara Prime Additions

trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
Fairly simple: add some Bank, Mail and Exchange consoles down there (both Fed and KDF), maybe with some vendors. New Romulus has them, much like any future adventure zones should have.

Come on, these are our command bases on the planets, our go-to for the related missions and stuff; why WOULDN'T they have the most basic needs for our starship captains?
Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
Post edited by trek21 on

Comments

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    Fairly simple: add some Bank, Mail and Exchange consoles down there (both Fed and KDF), maybe with some vendors. New Romulus has them, much like any future adventure zones should have.

Come on, these are our command bases on the planets, our go-to for the related missions and stuff; why WOULDN'T they have the most basic needs for our starship captains?

Great idea. I believe that Defera invasion zone already has a mail console though. Somewhere over by the NPC vendors where you exchange those items the borg drop for (sucky) ground equipment and items.

Also while we're at it, how bout putting a ship tailor on Starbase 39? There is a shipyard at the end of the station that has everything BUT the ship tailor/customizer. I can't think of any other shipyards that are missing the tailor. Even Starbase K-7 has it if I remember right. If not, put one there too.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Great idea. I believe that Defera invasion zone already has a mail console though. Somewhere over by the NPC vendors where you exchange those items the borg drop for (sucky) ground equipment and items.

Also while we're at it, how bout putting a ship tailor on Starbase 39? There is a shipyard at the end of the station that has everything BUT the ship tailor/customizer. I can't think of any other shipyards that are missing the tailor. Even Starbase K-7 has it if I remember right. If not, put one there too.
    Well, if it already does (will check that out), they really need to make it more obvious/visible :P But the Fractual Remodulator is pretty cool, giving us a 3-sec use instead of 4.

And while I'm out at it, two other little things: when we log out of STO and are in the middle of the Invasion Zone (ground), and we log back in, we sometimes find ourselves in Defera System above... fix that, please.

And remove all food/hypos/other small stuff out of the Borg drop tables... it's annoying when we're searching for the other items we need, and these sometimes drop.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited November 2012

From a game play point of view, I can see your point. In Nukara, you have to board your ship and fly to either Drozana, K7, or Granalda Station to take care of business. From Defera, you have to go to DS9. Can be a hassle.

From a military standpoint (yes, I am a veteran so I do think this way sometimes, old habbits and all that), really think about it. Lets put direct access to our infrastructure right where the enemy can get to it if they overrun us. Hmmm smart. :P

Since this is a game, go for it. eliminate the needless travel. It is not like we are asking you to put a shipyard and tailor there too. :D
    edited November 2012
    scififan78 wrote: »
    From a game play point of view, I can see your point. In Nukara, you have to board your ship and fly to either Drozana, K7, or Granalda Station to take care of business. From Defera, you have to go to DS9. Can be a hassle.

From a military standpoint (yes, I am a veteran so I do think this way sometimes, old habbits and all that), really think about it. Lets put direct access to our infrastructure right where the enemy can get to it if they overrun us. Hmmm smart. :P

Since this is a game, go for it. eliminate the needless travel. It is not like we are asking you to put a shipyard and tailor there too. :D
    Well, considering they're already putting all their efforts into keeping the Borg/Tholians from overruning them in the first place, I'd say the consoles would be as safe as could be ;) Always a danger, but no less useful anyway

And yeah, having a tailor wouldn't make any sense. And shipyard? What battles do we fight in space with these zones? :D
    Was named Trek17.

• scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Since we are asking for things. Put in Regula 1 Space Station in the Gamma Orianis Sector block too. Put something in that block to give us reason to back and use the station. Once you complete the Borg/Undine missions, there is absolutely no reason to go back.
    edited November 2012
    Well, if it already does (will check that out), they really need to make it more obvious/visible :P But the Fractual Remodulator is pretty cool, giving us a 3-sec use instead of 4.

And while I'm out at it, two other little things: when we log out of STO and are in the middle of the Invasion Zone (ground), and we log back in, we sometimes find ourselves in Defera System above... fix that, please.

And remove all food/hypos/other small stuff out of the Borg drop tables... it's annoying when we're searching for the other items we need, and these sometimes drop.

Yeah the Fractual Modulator seemed to me to be the only thing worth getting and it took hours to get 50 of each of the 3 items the borg there drop. The personal armor, shields, and weapons are all Mk X green quality and I can get purple quality Mk XI with plasma resists from the exchange fairly cheap.:P
    edited November 2012
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Since we are asking for things. Put in Regula 1 Space Station in the Gamma Orianis Sector block too. Put something in that block to give us reason to back and use the station. Once you complete the Borg/Undine missions, there is absolutely no reason to go back.

Well there is the B'Tran cluster.......oooh....Too soon?
  • zippichzippich Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In does not have to be in the Defera Invassion zone, it can be on Defera main planet, which is almost useless. Nukara camp is much smaller than Defera, maybe some permanent orbiting SS Azura can be there with Exchange, Mail and Bank :) (similar to battle group omega ships)
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zippich wrote: »
    In does not have to be in the Defera Invassion zone, it can be on Defera main planet, which is almost useless. Nukara camp is much smaller than Defera, maybe some permanent orbiting SS Azura can be there with Exchange, Mail and Bank :) (similar to battle group omega ships)

The Deferi main city should definitely have Mail and Banks. I'd also like to see vendors that sell some of the stuff that's useful for completing Omega projects.

Nukara could at least have a Mail terminal, even if you can argue that Banks shouldn't be there. Drozana is close enough that I'm not going to push for a Bank, but I like the idea of orbiting freighters that offer vendors and services.

Both invasion zones could have something like a crate that allows people to access their Account-wide bank without leaving the zone, which would be something at least.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited November 2012
    zippich wrote: »
    Permanent orbiting freighters sounds pretty good to me :D You do have to keep your command bases supplied after all, and this will give us an excuse to use the space above the planets (including giving us a space over Nukara).

And it'd be far less annoying than going halfway across the Sector for your needs.
    Was named Trek17.

• danielfietkaudanielfietkau Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    still no exchange- or banking-console on defera.

I wonder how many devs are working on existing content :confused: