What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: 29th Century "Relativity" Uniform

Comments

• nirraminnirramin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Have fun spending hours farming EC.
    What else to do in this game?
    And more: everything you do gives you EC. Different amounts, but the stream is constant. Fly into SB24 -- get reward -- sell it. (and with returning item drops for STF its just gonna get better:)) All small drops from missions, even when they go down the replicator, add up to tens of thousands ECs.

When I started playing I saw people selling D'Koras for insane price of 60-70 mil... Now, at VA level, its *just* 60-70 mil.

So, from my perspective, I'd better throw some EC for costumes, than converting dilithium into Zen to buy them from C-Store.
    So 200 lobi's @ 4 per box is 50 boxes @ 1.5 million EC for a key ?

So that's 75,000,000 EC's
    Look on other outfit's prices. Most of them don't go over 10 mil EC on the exchange. Even ships that cost 800 lobi is still in 60-70 mil range.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    I hate the Lobi store and all the profit seeking, blood sucking it stands for.

I have wanted these uniforms for so long and was really looking forward to getting them. But **** paying anything between 20 and 100 quid for them.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Exactly.

Albeit it of course has to be said you'd get other drops in the boxes and a chance an actual useful item.

My math is worst case scenario
  • aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nudity? Where!?!

But seriously, OP has it right, anyone who disagrees is on the payroll. Simple as that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    aestu wrote: »
    Nudity? Where!?!

But seriously, OP has it right, anyone who disagrees is on the payroll. Simple as that.

Ah, the very famous Sockpuppeteer!:cool:
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Have fun spending hours farming EC.

Do you not realize that the entire focus of STO now is farming EC / dilithium? It stopped being about the Star Trek experience some time ago.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • quanmanchuquanmanchu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You know...I haven't posted things in ages on here...but I will say this. The current greed that I see is what keeps me from coming back to this game at all. I used to love collecting ships for the sake of collecting them. But I can't throw my money at a game that doesn't give me story content to justify the need for selling fluff items to make up for it.

As for grinding Dilithium and such?? I'm disabled, so I go in and out of the hospital so that isn't an option for me. When Perfect World /Cryptic decide to actually start advancing the main STO storyline and and not just in small increments...I'll resume spending here again. Sure...one person saying this won't hurt them in the least...but at least I can use he money I would have spent here on games that don't end up making me feel cheated for buying them.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Funny thing is if you spend real money on keys to get 200 lobi crystals would cost more than if you'd buy a real uniform from ebay :rolleyes:

also in the future a uniform would cost almost as a ship so ffs you better go naked and have shuttles....just saying :P
  • amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Unfortunately, robertcrayven, is correct.

I also seem to have wasted zen on that EC cap thingy, for it is impossible it seems to collect even 1 million EC, let alone trying to reach enough for the stuff I wanted to get on the exchange.

Haven't they ever heard the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it?"

it looks more broke now.
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Do you need uniform to fight your arch enemies in space? What you need is a weapon. :cool:
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    amahood wrote: »
    I also seem to have wasted zen on that EC cap thingy, for it is impossible it seems to collect even 1 million EC

Ahem...
    Some time ago, SB24, second place = purple phaser console = >1 million EC
    Yesterday, SB24, first place = purple phaser turret = >1 million EC
    ...and that's not even counting various stuff from doff assignements, random loot, sold doffs from fleet starbase, etc.
    So, yeah, its definetly possible to collect 1 million EC.
    Question is -- how they manage to get 200-300 mil to buy bugships?:confused: But that's another story...
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Edit: The forums are acting weird. This post here I posted in a different thread but it showed up in this thread. Ive seen people's posts in multiple threads too. o.O
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Consider this these uniforms won't be regulation for centuries you have time to save up
    Live long and Prosper
    edited November 2012
    But the wells class also is not regulation
    Live long and Prosper
  • viktorio78viktorio78 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm having a blast grinding for EC, I fly the free rank ships, equipped with crafted and dropped modules only, my away team is equipped with crafted and dropped stuff only, I do random explorations on elite difficulty, green, blue and purle stuff drops left and right, and I'm not even a Tier 4 toon.
    I can imagine what will drop on admiral levels...
    So far I love it, I think this game is meant to be played at elite only, it's an excellent challenge and the rewards are relevant.

P.S. Cryptic paid me 50 000 american dollars to post that.
    edited November 2012
    Special mission brief you are to report to the early 21st century and prevent the JJ trek film
    Live long and Prosper
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There's a link in the OP... :rolleyes:

My apologies. 2 of them in fact.
    1. I literally couldn't see the links in the OP as I have a mild color blindness. I hate the light blue color that the link maker makes them by default and really wish people would underline named links. I'll forgive the "rolleyes" since I know it was purely from ignorance.

2. I ment both both of them. The Wells uniform and the Korath uniform, not just the Fed one.
    Or are they supposed to be the same?
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    Special mission brief you are to report to the early 21st century and prevent the JJ trek film

Yeah I prefer briefs over boxers. Gives me more support. ;)
    edited November 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    an OPTIONAL purchase

Playing the game is optional

PWE has no incentive to make good content and balance the game if idiots will buy pixels for $$$
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Naughty person! No posting positive comments in this thread! :eek:Go to your room immediately, and think about what you've done! :P

No real player types like this; the intent is to blunt criticism of your employer with sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    I said, a few posts back, that I felt that the OP made a fair point. Pay attention.

Assuming a pretense of being reasonable while also being patronizing are stock PR tactics designed to appear credible while assaulting the credibility of others and arguing in favor of the employer. The goal is to make the unreasonable appear reasonable by pretending that a dishonest argument is as valid as a truthful one.

The changes are designed to get $$$ for PWE by squeezing players for Dil and Mkeys so they buy Zpoints with $$$. It is that simple and trying to make the issue more complex than that is inherently dishonest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    viktorio78 wrote: »
    I'm having a blast grinding for EC, I fly the free rank ships, equipped with crafted and dropped modules only, my away team is equipped with crafted and dropped stuff only, I do random explorations on elite difficulty, green, blue and purle stuff drops left and right, and I'm not even a Tier 4 toon.
    I can imagine what will drop on admiral levels...
    So far I love it, I think this game is meant to be played at elite only, it's an excellent challenge and the rewards are relevant.

P.S. Cryptic paid me 50 000 american dollars to post that.

You're actually getting rare drops in elite difficulty? How!? All I get is 3x more common JUNK drops... :rolleyes:
  • viktorio78viktorio78 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Assuming a pretense of being reasonable while also being patronizing are stock PR tactics designed to appear credible while assaulting the credibility of others and arguing in favor of the employer. The goal is to make the unreasonable appear reasonable by pretending that a dishonest argument is as valid as a truthful one.

The changes are designed to get $$$ for PWE by squeezing players for Dil and Mkeys so they buy Zpoints with $$$. It is that simple and trying to make the issue more complex than that is inherently dishonest.
    Why do you even post in this forum, since this game makes you feel so negative about it?
    You sound sad, unhappy, masking these feeling with some pseudo-intellectual mumbo-jumbo of being competent and insight?...
    This game obviously makes you pretty miserable and frustrated...
    Take some time off it, try something else, which will bring you more joy...
    This is not healthy, trust me...
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    More TRIBBLE going into the lobi store trying to force us to unlock more of the stupid lockboxes, rather than making them account wide unlocks.

-The 29th Century Uniforms, Wells for Fed and Korath for KDF, have been released to the Lobi Store, at the price of 200 Lobi Crystals.

You know... You and everyone else buying masterkeys could just stop... That way, theres a good chance that particular model would collapse.

I've spent an embarrassing amount of money on the c-store because I felt I get some value for my money. With the ship lottery in lockboxes and most of the neat trinkets going to the lobi store, I really no longer feel I'm getting value for my dollar.

Hence, stop spending money... if no one invests in a model, theres no reason to continue it.

As said above.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited November 2012
    Why do you even post in this forum, since this game makes you feel so negative about it?

I could ask you the same question. If you have nothing to do but say that PWE is awesome, why post?
    You sound sad, unhappy, masking these feeling with some pseudo-intellectual mumbo-jumbo of being competent and insight?...
    This game obviously makes you pretty miserable and frustrated...
    Take some time off it, try something else, which will bring you more joy...
    This is not healthy, trust me...

You are deliberately insulting me. You will not get actioned for it, for reasons that are obvious.

This is another typical PWE tactic. Resort to ridicule and patronizing language. Imply that anyone who doesn't approve of their effort to separate players from their $$$ is flawed in some way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wouldn't worry about the 29th century uniform being in the Lobi Store. According to this post with images from the Tribble section. It definitely needs a lot of work!
    jcsww wrote: »
    It's nice to see that the color pallet for the Relativity uniform is fixed but this uniform needs polishing. The rank is angled incorrectly and the commbadge is sits too far off of the toon and is crocked. With the longer hair, it also covers part of the badge. In this state, the uniform isn't even worth 5 Lobi. :mad:

Badge Issue
    Rank/Hair Issue
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I could ask you the same question. If you have nothing to do but say that PWE is awesome, why post?

You are deliberately insulting me. You will not get actioned for it, for reasons that are obvious.

This is another typical PWE tactic. Resort to ridicule and patronizing language. Imply that anyone who doesn't approve of their effort to separate players from their $$$ is flawed in some way.

Aestu, I don't know how to tell this to you. (oh, wait, I do!)

Your entire attitude is deserving of a ban because you call anybody who disagrees with you an undercover PWE community manager.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You know people just resale the clothing lobi options on the exchange for EC right?
    edited November 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Aestu, I don't know how to tell this to you. (oh, wait, I do!)

Interesting how you talk in that same patronizing pen voice with false concessives

("I said...pay attention", "I don't know how to tell you...oh wait I do").
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Your entire attitude is deserving of a ban because you call anybody who disagrees with you an undercover PWE community manager.

Actually, I never said that. You came to that conclusion on your own.

Do you think the guy insulting me should be banned too? Or just me for criticizing PWE?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]