test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

<bot>.. Fleet

sito1jastsito1jast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PvP Gameplay
I apologise if a thread has already been made about this.

Just had a pvp game againts a bunch of people called "bot" ... all of them (4) were in the starter ships and somewhat.. useless.

Also spoken to a member of my fleet who has seen one or two in ground arenas... so basically...

What the feck?!

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
Post edited by sito1jast on

Comments

• snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    :D

Bot users. lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dank65dank65 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah buncha useless wastes of skin I report them everytime I fly against em.

i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banshee
    Bloodthristy
    Guild - <Lords of The Dead>
    LvL 60 CW-Dragon Server
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sito1jast wrote: »
    I apologise if a thread has already been made about this.

Just had a pvp game againts a bunch of people called "Fidi" ... all of them (4) were in the starter ships and somewhat.. useless.

Also spoken to a member of my fleet who has seen one or two in ground arenas... so basically...

What the feck?!

Yes also seen then/him in some PVP's, in a miranda at level 50.
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This potentially SINGLE person seems to be ruining PVP just as successfully as the usual bugs. I'd like to know what Cryptic (who monitor these forums with the iron fist) are doing about this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • pveheropvehero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited November 2012
    You know, I would normally agree with the no "name and shame" rule being applied to a thread like this. However, nobody is naming a player. They are naming bots which are ruining a huge number of PvP games.

Last night, every 5-10 minutes, there was a flood of "Oh, it's bot again" comments in OPVP. I ran into him during the 1 match I queued for too. This is ridiculous. These bots are absolutely destroying what little gameplay enjoyment is left to be had, at this point.

Take screenshots and report them for griefing everytime you see them.

LOLSTO
  • francescos77francescos77 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Multiple accounts + Virtual Box = bot
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    I'll be personally talking to the GM team about this today. I won't be able to discuss the outcome, but know that it will be investigated. But, it's still technically naming and shaming, so you may find your post slightly edited (although I did note names down before I did so). In the future, shoot me a PM (include your ingame GM ticket report number, as thats important) about suspected bots and I have no problem escalating to the appropriate individuals -- names should not be posted in public, though.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.