test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why not a Que for pvp without garbage consoles?

zorena#3961 zorena Member Posts: 254 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PvP Gameplay
Simple request.
Noone.
Post edited by zorena#3961 on

Comments

• Options
    stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited November 2012
    I only do that every time I queue. The results are less than stellar. Basically I queue up less.

:(
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    a match with 3 people using grav pulse and ams gets stupid fast
  • Options
    thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Simple answer: Cryptic is not going to design a section of the game that restricts its players from using the things they've won in lockboxes or bought on the C-Store as it creates an area that devalues your purchases and creates an in-game reason to not spend money on the game.

I, too, would like to see something done about the consoles as many of them are both extremely unfun to play against and are very powerful with far less opportunity cost than their bridge officer power equivalents. In at least two cases (Graviton Pulse Generator and Anti-Matter Spread, as mentioned above) they are markedly *more* powerful than any of their analogous bridge officer powers.
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • Options
    aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Try fighting a team where everyone has cmdr lvl tac and sci powers, now thats stupid. Fortunately the queues seem mostly clean, only one fight I had was really crazy. Near constant TBR, VM spam combined with CRF and mine patterns...

But in the end I have to say I had some really nice games recently, despite consoles, bugs and everything.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Because no one would queue up. It'd be like 5 people in that queue. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2012
    snoge00f wrote: »
    Because no one would queue up. It'd be like 5 people in that queue. :D

I do not agree I believe it would be very popular
    More than the ( unlimited ) Ques
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Some folks say we to separate PuG and Premade queues. Maybe we need a console free version. Maybe that one could double as the Carrier free version too :D.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    If you had menus to eliminate things
    Add on consoles
    Science powers
    Space doffs
    Keybinds

And people choosing the same thing were shown
    I'n groups I think everyone would be amazed
    At the number of people wanting to pvp

I think the number of people wanting a strait up
    Pvp fight would be as popular as the stfs

90% of star fleet command was pvp
    Because it was close to being balanced unlike
    This game

Powers that make players helpless or one shots
    Them destroys any desire for the majority to repeat
    The experience, our empty pvp ques prove that day I'n
    And day out

If it isn't fun they won't play

• Options
    devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited November 2012
    Revert back to 1.2.

Problem solved.
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • Options
    linkdown1linkdown1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Then no lockbox ships,c-store ships and fleet ships oh and no doffs.
  • Options
    thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited November 2012
    linkdown1 wrote: »
    Then no lockbox ships,c-store ships and fleet ships oh and no doffs.

how about just no consoles for starters.

then at least people get to fly the ship they like.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Well if you saw 500 people I'n a que and it
    Was free to play ships only limitation and the
    Rest of the que were empty

Seems like well.............

Give people choices and they will most
    Likely use them

Give them no choice like we have now
    We will keep what we have now forever

It hasn't been balanced yet nor will it ever be

• Options
    edited November 2012
    how about just no consoles for starters.

then at least people get to fly the ship they like.

That really is unfair deeper pockets mean better ships and doffs.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    That really is unfair deeper pockets mean better ships and doffs.

meh, kinda link.

like your chimera with trics..... i think its the chimera. that cost you money. i know its yer lulz build, but still. only guys who dropped a couple hundred, or have been subbing for a long time get to fly it.

so. in that aspect, you get a little of that yes. the great thing is, that you can grind for all in game currency. i did it to get my bug. others can do it too, it doesnt take deep pockets, matter of fact, if you have deep pockets you either work a job that keeps you from grinding, or you were born into some wealth, and this little bit o cash means nothing to you anyways.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    We'll likely never reach a consensus on even a majority of the specific details. I fo feel that disabling consoles would be a significant step in leveling the playing field. That's not to say that all ships are perfectly balanced, certainly not doffs, but at least in this case we'd be reducing many confounding factors.

I think tric mines could be ok if not for all of the console and special abilities that make them invisible or make you disabled. I still believe that the Jemmy is poorly balanced but it might be less problematic if there wasn't so much other rough stuff going on.

There are just so many powers, such short cool downs (and numerous ways to circumvent even that), that PvP is more about who can twitch the fastest with the most toys. PvP could be more fun and more accessible if we brought things back in line (opinion).
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    meh, kinda link.

like your chimera with trics..... i think its the chimera. that cost you money. i know its yer lulz build, but still. only guys who dropped a couple hundred, or have been subbing for a long time get to fly it.

so. in that aspect, you get a little of that yes. the great thing is, that you can grind for all in game currency. i did it to get my bug. others can do it too, it doesnt take deep pockets, matter of fact, if you have deep pockets you either work a job that keeps you from grinding, or you were born into some wealth, and this little bit o cash means nothing to you anyways.

Been playing sto long enuff i have everything i need, for the chimera it was free for me. From exploits to broken skills/ships/consoles/doffs. I have given up on pleasing everyone i don't fly this trash on premades but i also don't que up for premades anymore no point. I think this is the only enjoyment i have left :(
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    thats why i bust out my fleet defiant for a week or so every month....

just to remind people i can still kill without the bug ship.

yet i loves it sooooo much.... so agile.

but i'd gladly give up the xtra engie console slot to keep that agility, no problem. even nerf the shield mod a bit. still no problem.

have fun kill bad guys
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Been playing sto long enuff i have everything i need, for the chimera it was free for me. From exploits to broken skills/ships/consoles/doffs. I have given up on pleasing everyone i don't fly this trash on premades but i also don't que up for premades anymore no point. I think this is the only enjoyment i have left :(

dude, we've been shooting each other for years, you know i have no quarrels with you. just engaging in good conversation.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Also this tric ship can be rederred useless with a mixed setup that can include other mines tbr bfaw scatter volley. I have a hard time accepting complaining with my tric when the guy complaining is flying a lockbox ship.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Also this tric ship can be rederred useless with a mixed setup that can include other mines tbr bfaw scatter volley. I have a hard time accepting complaining with my tric when the guy complaining is flying a lockbox ship.

i just threw you some respect, easy there man.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Just had a premade complain about my mines when they where i think all running viral and ams lol.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    i just threw you some respect, easy there man.

Was not referring to you :)

I wish things where different
  • Options
    upyournacelles2upyournacelles2 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What about a system that matches consoles to each team? For example, if you go in with ams, the system will only allow you to use it if the other team has ams as well. Carrying extra consoles would be a must, but if your layout showed the ams grayed out, then you would know to change it out at the beginning of the match.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Why not just use the existing queues for pug vs premade making cap n' hold a pug only queue and arenas a premade only queue? cap n' hold is where I pug to test my builds in and its a blast when both teams are filled with pugs.
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would love a queue without the P2W consoles.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    orondis wrote: »
    I would love a queue without the P2W consoles.

because they'll never do it...
  • Options
    joestylesjoestyles Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The other day I suggested in the Earth Spacedock chat zone that they should go back to a Pay to Play only game, so that the game itself can be balanced without the stupid need for power creep.

You would not believe the amount of outcry I received from people that were online during that period. Some rather colorful language was PM'd in my direction with cries of people not being able to play the game and them having to go back to Maple or whatever that game is called. Some of these people I have seen out in space rocking Vesta's and whatnot. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    joestyles wrote: »
    The other day I suggested in the Earth Spacedock chat zone that they should go back to a Pay to Play only game, so that the game itself can be balanced without the stupid need for power creep.

You would not believe the amount of outcry I received from people that were online during that period. Some rather colorful language was PM'd in my direction with cries of people not being able to play the game and them having to go back to Maple or whatever that game is called. Some of these people I have seen out in space rocking Vesta's and whatnot. :rolleyes:

a lot of player including myself said F2P was a bad road to go down. Most the players in my fleet thought I was crazy at the time. Hell, they probably think I'm crazy, but then again, most of them were pve'ers. this game is probably amazing for them...
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thats why i bust out my fleet defiant for a week or so every month....

just to remind people i can still kill without the bug ship.

yet i loves it sooooo much.... so agile.

but i'd gladly give up the xtra engie console slot to keep that agility, no problem. even nerf the shield mod a bit. still no problem.

have fun kill bad guys

I had a guy in a Defiant take a zone chat TRIBBLE on meh cause he said I was..

"picking on the ships with the little hulls"

but teh Marmot MK II is a Fleet Norgh.....What do??

Save meh Horizon! Save meh!

Seriously though, is there really an answer here? I'm not sure. I use Impulse Cap on a regular basis, am I damned? I stack Battery Doffs cause I get crazy bonus (to me) from dual system batteries. Am I double damned?

Alone, no one cares about these things. Together they are greater than multiplicative. They are SOOPERPLICATIVE! If consoles go, Doffs deserve a great big kick in the nuts as well.

Cheers happy flying!!
  • Options
    aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thissler wrote: »
    am I damned??

That would depend on your faith I guess. I don't know much about orions, as fas as klingons are concerned your are probably safe, as long as you die in battle.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!