test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My New Romulus Video

starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Ten Forward
Hi everyone,

I've just done another video, this one is of New Romulus, and I'm really pleased with the end result.

I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I did making it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOgbHHEecDI&feature=plcp

Hats off to Cryptic for creating a wonderful planet to beam down to and truly explore, it feels very Trek, and is my favourite addition to the game so far. I just love that planet, and every detail of it, and had to make a video of my crew exploring.

Looking forward to more planets like this one! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good job, very nice!
  • Options
    lcdrmillerlcdrmiller Member Posts: 47 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    Hi everyone,

I've just done another video, this one is of New Romulus, and I'm really pleased with the end result.

I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I did making it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOgbHHEecDI&feature=plcp

Hats off to Cryptic for creating a wonderful planet to beam down to and truly explore, it feels very Trek, and is my favourite addition to the game so far. I just love that planet, and every detail of it, and had to make a video of my crew exploring.

Looking forward to more planets like this one! :)

OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!! Great work!
    Jeff M.
    Environment Artist on Neverwinter Online
    Find me on Twitter
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You did a great job at capturing what should have been emphasized in the official season release video - actual exploration without losing the action! How long did it take to create Starfish? I'm happy to see your still making awesome vids (following on from those starship/space ones)!
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Very nice :)
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Awesome job. I think I enjoyed that better than the S7 trailer. :P
  • Options
    zalandexzalandex Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Very beautiful.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thanks everyone. :D
    nynik wrote: »
    You did a great job at capturing what should have been emphasized in the official season release video - actual exploration without losing the action! How long did it take to create Starfish? I'm happy to see your still making awesome vids (following on from those starship/space ones)!

It took me about 4 days on and off. I don't know if it was because it's a new location or not, but Demo Record playback kept crashing, probably only about 60% of the recordings I made would actually open, which is highly unusual. So it took longer than it could have done, still, I very much enjoyed setting up the shots and camera sweeps that I did manage to get. And that piece of music is just awesome.

There was just so much to capture, I still don't think I have completely done the location the justice it truly deserves, and I still haven't explored everywhere.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Someone got a good 'idiots guide' for Demo Record -> Youtube? :P
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I keep being amazed by the videos some of the players are able to make.

Wonderful! ;)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cool stuff! I agree, better than the official Season Seven video in my not-so-humble opinion. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    Fantastic! :D

Yes, go play! It's so much fun. They are the videos I learned from. :)
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nice video & editing! :)

Captures the spirit about New Romulus very well.
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Very nice work. Bravo.
  • Options
    kwiat007kwiat007 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nice video (a bit too long thou).

New planet still sucks.
    [SIGPIC]Join Date: August 2009[/SIGPIC]
    I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
    where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
  • Options
    burchenallburchenall Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Awesome vid! thanks for sharing it with us ^_^
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seems everything is better with epic music.

My Problem with new Romulus is not the art or the feel of the zone but that the activities do NOT feel like exploring at all.
    It feels like i'm just the dude who has to walk out there and do the leg work, while the actual exploring is done by others.

Imagine how cool and awesome this all would be if there was some actual "Adventure"-Gameplay involved (you know, oldschool text adventures, with like STORY and puzzles).
    Think like the "Diplomacy" missions that were introduced way back (Season 2 ???).

I want to use my brain to think about problems, make decisions, go left or right, not just run in circles and press F when something, anything blinks..., repeat until questlog says done. Go to next zone do the exact same thing again.

In particular with ROMULANS i would expect some competing between different Scientists who have different goals, you have to proof who is correct, run into a moral dilemma and then make a decision who you are going to back and things like that.

Example:
    Go to Zone 1:

Scientist 1 is corrupt and wants to build a Shuttle landing pad (or a super market or whatever) who would destroy the environment,
    Scientist 2 is a treehugger and wants to protect the Epoohs living environment but can't proof that they need to stay where they are or would die out. So YOUR goal is to in good old Adventure-RPG style find out what is true.
    Your superiors want the Shuttle Pad, but the Starfleet charta clearly says Treehugging wins.
    Moral choice: send some predators from another Zone into the Epooh fields and let them do their thing, or fight for the Epoohs against all odds.

THAT is the kind of thing i want to see.

Walking around in circles pressing F... i hate it.

Still cool video bro!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dcblackmandcblackman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nice job man,

PWE/Cryptic needs to watch AND learn.
  • Options
    felsparfelspar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Great work!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Join Date: July 2008

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    Taco is smiling ear to ear. Thank you so much, this made my day. Good job!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Taco is smiling ear to ear. Thank you so much, this made my day. Good job!

It was a pleasure. :)
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    Seems everything is better with epic music.

My Problem with new Romulus is not the art or the feel of the zone but that the activities do NOT feel like exploring at all.
    It feels like i'm just the dude who has to walk out there and do the leg work, while the actual exploring is done by others.

Imagine how cool and awesome this all would be if there was some actual "Adventure"-Gameplay involved (you know, oldschool text adventures, with like STORY and puzzles).
    Think like the "Diplomacy" missions that were introduced way back (Season 2 ???).

I want to use my brain to think about problems, make decisions, go left or right, not just run in circles and press F when something, anything blinks..., repeat until questlog says done. Go to next zone do the exact same thing again.

In particular with ROMULANS i would expect some competing between different Scientists who have different goals, you have to proof who is correct, run into a moral dilemma and then make a decision who you are going to back and things like that.

Example:
    Go to Zone 1:

Scientist 1 is corrupt and wants to build a Shuttle landing pad (or a super market or whatever) who would destroy the environment,
    Scientist 2 is a treehugger and wants to protect the Epoohs living environment but can't proof that they need to stay where they are or would die out. So YOUR goal is to in good old Adventure-RPG style find out what is true.
    Your superiors want the Shuttle Pad, but the Starfleet charta clearly says Treehugging wins.
    Moral choice: send some predators from another Zone into the Epooh fields and let them do their thing, or fight for the Epoohs against all odds.

THAT is the kind of thing i want to see.

Walking around in circles pressing F... i hate it.

Still cool video bro!

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    digimatldigimatl Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Video is excellent :) If your System can handle try to throw in more Anti Aliasing, that would really up the Quality on many scenes, especially the staging area and bridge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    digimatl wrote: »
    The Video is excellent :) If your System can handle try to throw in more Anti Aliasing, that would really up the Quality on many scenes, especially the staging area and bridge.

I just upgraded my PC last week, so I will try that.

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good job :)
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]