test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shield Rep bonus not going over skill cap

mktormktor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Have maxxed shield system at 99 its not going over 99 with the +30, is this a tooltip error, cap error or working as intended, if so can we get a retrain for this as no where does it say will not increase of skill cap.
Post edited by mktor on

Comments

• lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mktor wrote: »
    Have maxxed shield system at 99 its not going over 99 with the +30, is this a tooltip error, cap error or working as intended, if so can we get a retrain for this as no where does it say will not increase of skill cap.

It's not a tool tip error. It will only who skills level in the skill window. If you want to see your total skills look under characters' Stats panel under Skill-Based Stats: Ground. It will show your the skill total.
  • mktormktor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i did shield system skill l is still at 99 on character doll space skills
  • mastershimastershi Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    try going to space then see if you can see it
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    I think it may be a display issue. I had copied my char to Tribble and selected "Omega Weapon Training" and with the power window open and a dhc selected. I watched my DPS for that weapon jump by 100 when selecting the passive. While this is for weapons and not shields, I am willing to bet the same applies.

I think we should really get a Dev post to clear this up though.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Definately need dev clarification. I got the ground weapon one and checked it (been going slow) and my sniper rifle DPS went from 128 to 131. That doesn't seem right.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Something to keep in mind is that some skills give a lesser return the more points you have in em. So the Weapons proficiency one, if you have 99 in it already, won't give much. But, if you have say...64 points or so (4 or 5 bars) in it, and then get the bonus on top of that, you will have 94 points in it, and on top of that, a few thousand skill points to spend elsewhere. A very tiny amount of damage lost, but in return, gaining some freed up skill points.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited November 2012
    not a space thing my weapon proficiency shows up at 129 and manuv shows up at 109 because i did a pilot doff mission, but shield sytem skill sits at 99 which is my base skill i have all 9 levels +30 from rep bonus so its either not displaying or its not being recognised either way it needs to be checked, clarified, refunded or what ever if they are not allowing shield skill to go over cap
  • satanailofhwbgsatanailofhwbg Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    At my captain it correctly states 146 for shields (after the +30 from the rep) and 126 for weapons (after the bonus from rep).
  • allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    skill points have diminishing returns?

I thought only resistance has diminishing returns. skillpoint might cost more at the end but I thought they bring the same.
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Skill points don't have diminished returns. People are confusing that expertise spent on skills has diminishing returns- ie: the green yellow red bar where spending expertise beyond your first three ranks nets you less skills per *rank* than the first three.

Your first three ranks in a skill grant you +18 skill points per rank. Your next three beyond that grants you +10 skill points per rank. Your final three, up to a total of nine ranks, each grant you +5 skill points per rank.

Thus it can be said that skills have diminishing returns, but only when you buy them with your skill ranks. The actual skill points themselves do not have an innate diminishing return.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The problem you are encountering is way the passive display works. When you are on the ground, your ground passives are in effect, but your space passives are not. There is no reason for them to be. When you are in a space map (NOT sector space), the space passives are in effect and the ground passives are not. If you have 99 in weapons prof with the omega buff, it will be 129 when you are on the ground, but it will appear as 99 while you are in space. It is the same reason that diplomatic immunity does not "stick" while you are on the ground.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
    edited November 2012
    The problem you are encountering is way the passive display works. When you are on the ground, your ground passives are in effect, but your space passives are not. There is no reason for them to be. When you are in a space map (NOT sector space), the space passives are in effect and the ground passives are not. If you have 99 in weapons prof with the omega buff, it will be 129 when you are on the ground, but it will appear as 99 while you are in space. It is the same reason that diplomatic immunity does not "stick" while you are on the ground.

Sign okay I guess ill make it very very very clear

My Shield System skill sits at 99 and increases to 125.5 which is my bonus from maco gear when in space

which means I AM NOT GETTING MY PLUS +30 from rep

and i tested this by stripping my ship and went to space ie my comment its NOT A SPACE THING it sat at 99

so could I just re iterate my question, is this a display error or a game mechanics problem DEVs Please
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,245 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its a bug of some sort. I to no longer get DPS or shields from the passive rep skills. They stoped working a few patchs back.