test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Grand Nagus Foundry Daily missions need to be re-looked at

starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
I feel that most of Grand Nagus missions were right at the 15+ miniutes mark pending how good your equips are I really think you need to re-look at those and let them be counted as part Of Investigative Officer Reports Daily. Please look into this.:)
Post edited by starmanj on

Comments

• nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If the assessment took into the account the average playtime for each missions I think it would be fairer. Personally, I don't spend 15 mins playing a Nagus daily, but some people might, and if the average playtime for such missions is 15 mins, then I think its only right for them to be eligible.

Having said that, I think the system is acting odd as a few 2 hour text heavy missions don't qualify either. What gives?
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is possible that those 2 hour text missions don't have many non-optional evnts in them? I don't think that the system recognizes any elements outside the storyboard as relevant for the Daily.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One of these missions takes no longer than 5 min sorry
  • starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    One of these missions takes no longer than 5 min sorry

It still involves effort, unlock the console clicking.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    To be fair, I can't fathom any set pattern to what qualifies and what doesn't. Several of my own projects which are high in combat and take over 30 minutes (at least) don't qualify, yet other missions I've run which take 10 minutes (at most) have qualified.

All this change has done, is killed off 99% of foundry missions. Nobody is going to play a mission which doesn't qualify and without knowing how to make my missions qualify, that sucks.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • verbenamageverbenamage Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To be fair, I can't fathom any set pattern to what qualifies and what doesn't. Several of my own projects which are high in combat and take over 30 minutes (at least) don't qualify, yet other missions I've run which take 10 minutes (at most) have qualified.

All this change has done, is killed off 99% of foundry missions. Nobody is going to play a mission which doesn't qualify and without knowing how to make my missions qualify, that sucks.

It's possible they don't have any sort of real automated system to judge it, and instead they've got some intern or something going through mission by mission to figure out what qualifies and he or she hasn't gotten to them all yet.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    I do agree, the Nagus dailies should qualify for the officer reports.

I have zero wish to sift through missions to find ones that are remotely worth doing for that daily. For now the foundry doesn't exist for me until they fix the system.....
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nagus dailies take me 2 minutes tops. Even on elite.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • punijabpunijab Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, it's probably just yet another attempt to limit the number of possible ways people can get a reasonable amount of dilithium without spending every minute of every day in-game. PWE seems to be intent on extracting as much money as they possibly can from from this game with as little effort on their part as possible. By making dilithium impossible to "farm" they force us to buy zen instead of trading dilithium for it.

The worst part about all of this is that this game actually has potential, if the devs weren't so obsessed with extorting every last penny from the players. I understand they need money to live like the rest of us, and I'm certain CBS isn't letting them use the Star Trek title and content for free, but it still seems to be a shame that they choose to ruin a good game by making us pay for every last bit of new content.

And I have no clue why I decided to type this all up, it's not like the devs will actually pay attention to us F2P players.
  • goad136goad136 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Here is something I posted in another thread but it has more relevence to this thread.

After fiddling around with the foundry a little more today I think Cryptic really needs to
    look at what counts for the daily reports.If you compare it to the explore daily that gives 1400 dil. Then look at a lot of the mission on the foundry they say don't count for the daily
    reports. There are some serious similarities between the two.I played several on the foundry that had you destroy 4 or 5 waves of enemy vessals or groups of vessals and they didn't count for the daily officer reports. But these same mission types pop up on the exploring strange new worlds missions.

Are they saying their own missions are exploits.

You see the kill 5 groups of enemies type missions all the time from the devs so using that same format and throwing in an interesting storyline should be even better.And should count for the daily even if it only takes 5 minutes.You'll always get some different time for completions because of differences in gear,ship,skill,and type of captain.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    goad136 wrote: »
    Here is something I posted in another thread but it has more relevence to this thread.

After fiddling around with the foundry a little more today I think Cryptic really needs to
    look at what counts for the daily reports.If you compare it to the explore daily that gives 1400 dil. Then look at a lot of the mission on the foundry they say don't count for the daily
    reports. There are some serious similarities between the two.I played several on the foundry that had you destroy 4 or 5 waves of enemy vessals or groups of vessals and they didn't count for the daily officer reports. But these same mission types pop up on the exploring strange new worlds missions.

Are they saying their own missions are exploits.

You see the kill 5 groups of enemies type missions all the time from the devs so using that same format and throwing in an interesting storyline should be even better.And should count for the daily even if it only takes 5 minutes.You'll always get some different time for completions because of differences in gear,ship,skill,and type of captain.

Yeah, they pretty much just took a big hammer to the foundry and smashed it up so bad that no one will ever want to play with it again. :(
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    These were 5 minute missions at best. you must have a terrible set up to make them stretch 15 minutes.
    Yeah, they pretty much just took a big hammer to the foundry and smashed it up so bad that no one will ever want to play with it again. :(

ridiculous exaggeration does not help either. all of the top rated missions are proper 45 minute + story missions. some have tens of thousands of reviews.
  • captainbradycaptainbrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I want to know who the hell the Devs think they are? So now only approved missions count. That's BS! If I want to do the "fed quickies" for my daily, that's my damn business. I was writing an esoteric one for my fleet that would be easy, but reinforce our Terran Empire culture. Who the hell are you to tell me I can't? Isn't the point of the fountry to allow us to create content as we see fit, and spend our time how we see fit. You people just keep taking taking taking. You increase the doff prices, take away sources of dilithium. Heck I would bend on my position if you didn't have some bullcrap arbitrary way of determining who gets approved AND you took away the ridiculous dilithium sinks in this game. Thanks for ruining something else in this game.
  • dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You guys could always you know, Create your own game and if you think you have better ways of doing it. The Quickies should be gone, Get rid of the Exploits. People will still play foundry missions even with the quickies gone. If you think you are losing your players of your foundries because the quickies are gone, then you were not making quality missions and just looking for Quick Dilithium. The Foundry was Created so players could create content to continue to play when the other forms were exhausted. The Officer Reports were not designed for someone to claim 3 missions, run up to one console and click it. It's good they are finally patching up the actual abused parts of the game and locking it down to where players Actually have to work for there goals. The people that just log on to run quick dailies and then log off instead of actually having to do anything are not supporting the game or helping our player Base. The players who Actually are Online, playing away the missions, grabbing lock boxes or other Z-store Items are. Exploits need to be removed, Simple as that. None of these changes are Game breaking unless you have issues actually doing work to achieve something. I would rather have Real Foundry authors work being rewarded then someone being Given dilithium due to making a lazy daily for the player base.
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I want to know who the hell the Devs think they are? So now only approved missions count. That's BS! If I want to do the "fed quickies" for my daily, that's my damn business. I was writing an esoteric one for my fleet that would be easy, but reinforce our Terran Empire culture. Who the hell are you to tell me I can't? Isn't the point of the fountry to allow us to create content as we see fit, and spend our time how we see fit. You people just keep taking taking taking. You increase the doff prices, take away sources of dilithium. Heck I would bend on my position if you didn't have some bullcrap arbitrary way of determining who gets approved AND you took away the ridiculous dilithium sinks in this game. Thanks for ruining something else in this game.

The devs are attempting to put the risk/time spent vs. reward levels for the foundry on par with the rest of the game. Yes they may be a bit heavy handed but even so it's their game to be heavy handed in.

What's important for you to realise is that nothing has been removed, the console clickers are still there, the nagus dailies are still there. All's that's changed is that the wrapper mission for the 50 fleet marks and 1440 dilithium requires missions to take an average of 15 minutes.

The line in the sand isn't about what you can and can't create, it's about what gives a reward and what doesn't.
  • lmrtlmrt Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What is the opinion of the Grand Nagus?.
    Yuxtapuestoelmono, not "Lmrt"
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lmrt wrote: »
    What is the opinion of the Grand Nagus?.

My assumption: "Oh, is that game still there?"
    <3
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    punijab wrote: »
    Well, it's probably just yet another attempt to limit the number of possible ways people can get a reasonable amount of dilithium without spending every minute of every day in-game. PWE seems to be intent on extracting as much money as they possibly can from from this game with as little effort on their part as possible. By making dilithium impossible to "farm" they force us to buy zen instead of trading dilithium for it.

Thing I don't get, going by myself and how people seem to be in general, if you're making people do that, the majority of people aren't going to spend money to convert, they're going to go, 'Hang on, I have to grind for this extortionately priced stuff? I'll just go play another game.' As it makes the game phenomenally boring and doesn't feel like you have any chance of ever achieving anything and if you get bored, you leave.

I imagine it is in fact the minority who are keeping this and the lockbox strategy afloat. I mean, I buy from the c-store when there's something I like (eg. just picked a couple more ships after having already bought most of them in the latest sale. ) But, there's a handful of players who literally shell out thousands for these conversions and lockbox schemes, more than making up for the players who disagree with it.
  • lmrtlmrt Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just what other F2P MMO of Star trek lore you know i can play instead of this one?.
    Yuxtapuestoelmono, not "Lmrt"
  • marielangmarielang Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's possible they don't have any sort of real automated system to judge it, and instead they've got some intern or something going through mission by mission to figure out what qualifies and he or she hasn't gotten to them all yet.

make a friggin set paramiter and stick to it. one day a mission qualifys the next it doesnt. half the missions are total TRIBBLE you get half or more thru one and then stuck because it dosnt work and you cant progress. so you wasted ton of time for nothing. all because cryptic wants to make a buck. just put it back like it was please you have already jearked up enough stuff do you realy need to TRIBBLE on every aspect of this game. i love sto and was happy with the quick officer reports and before you spew your "It was an exployt" pat line it was there for what 3 seasons and all of a sudden its a problem BULL and you know it. you just wanted to kill it congrats its dead. i wont do them. i wont have things to contribute to starbase anymore. the dill market crashing so wont buy a drop of zen cause cant get any dill for it. why dont you hire a professinal to help you dip's make an ecconomy that works. your lets try this, and that, and back track on those and decrese somthing here and increes the cost here and if everyone leaves will say oopsie method is totaly annoying.
  • madcat44madcat44 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i do agree, STO should have looked at the dailies or even just killed ALL of them and started fresh with so many currently in the game and annunce that the board will be swept clean. i mean how many of those missions have been sitting idle because there is just SO FRAKING MANY OF THEM. and also, the one thing everyone seems to conveniently overlook is that PWE is responsible for STO, cryptic has to say yes sir, master sir" if they want their jobs. and because of this total TRIBBLE up with the foundry, i no longer feel like playing anything that is sponsored by PWE. i would use the foundry with multiple characters to build my starbase for my fleet, now it is damn near impossibly to do that with out spending the next 6 hours running around and trying to find a mission that would qualify. as far as i am now concerned, STO is a broken shadow of a once great game, and the biggest mistake was when cryptic got sold to PWE.
  • nyarlathotep75nyarlathotep75 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok now this fracking sucks...

I haven't done played any Foundry missions for awhile, in fact I haven't done any Officer Reports for a long while and just decided to do one for a little extra dilithium..

Started looking for the Grand Nagus missions because those are what I used to do, would whip through them within 5 minutes... and now I find that they don't even exist anymore and I just cant find any other 'quickies' that seem to 'qualify' ...

Ho hum.. so much of the Foundry that was so much fun, gone now... thanks PWE...

Oh and sorry to necro-post this thread up... was googling the Grand Nagus missions to find info on them cause I couldn't find them in the Foundry. My googling brought me to this thread!
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok now this fracking sucks...

I haven't done played any Foundry missions for awhile, in fact I haven't done any Officer Reports for a long while and just decided to do one for a little extra dilithium..

Started looking for the Grand Nagus missions because those are what I used to do, would whip through them within 5 minutes... and now I find that they don't even exist anymore and I just cant find any other 'quickies' that seem to 'qualify' ...

Ho hum.. so much of the Foundry that was so much fun, gone now... thanks PWE...

Oh and sorry to necro-post this thread up... was googling the Grand Nagus missions to find info on them cause I couldn't find them in the Foundry. My googling brought me to this thread!

The IOR mission wrapper has changed, you only need to do one mission, but it has to take at least 15 minutes on average and you need to gain skill points/expertise at some point in it.

You can also repeat the mission every 30 minutes.

EDIT: This thread has been closed due to being a "necro" thread. Remember, if a thread has not been posted to in over 30 days, please start a new thread to discuss a topic :) Thanks! ~BranFlakes
This discussion has been closed.