test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what is this mass effect style armor i've been seeing?

keysmachinekeysmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I'm a new player. been playing for about 4 weeks now.

still sometimes when i'm on stations i see the coolest looking armor sets run by me. it looks like something outta mass effect.

where can i get it. and how much does it cost?
Post edited by keysmachine on

Comments

• beerstickmanbeerstickman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not sure what armor you are refering to, but mk11, and mk12 armor has visuals. Both for maco set, and omega set. And you dont really want to know how much it costs...
    u been playin 4 weeks right? start saving dilithium now, by the time you get to the point you could use the armor, you might have enough..if you start savin now that is..:eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well you basically have your normal armor visual pre level 50 and then you got maco, omega and honorguard post 50.
    The latter are now in the rep system.

The normal outfit visuals are kit visuals and the actual armor, both can be enabled and disabled in the inventory by right clicking.

You can for example use your kit visuals with other uniforms and some off duty outfits for variation.

However based on your career, your pre 50 will have different visuals. Like the plastic armor is for sci's only.

Then also depending on your career your outfit will have a specific color, red for tacticals an so on.

I didn't play mass effect myself but I am guessing you saw a maco armor. You are looking at a few weeks working with the reputation system post level 50 to get it.
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think he's talking about Tactical kits.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think he's talking about Tactical kits.

No he is not... He is clearly talking about the Maco Armor...

The kids are merely belts and chest rigs, and do in no way resemble armor, and the regular armor is generally referred to as spandex.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    keysmachine, is the one you saw silvery white with some small patches of color?
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Possibly a Helmet?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • apocalypsex99apocalypsex99 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm a new player. been playing for about 4 weeks now.

still sometimes when i'm on stations i see the coolest looking armor sets run by me. it looks like something outta mass effect.

where can i get it. and how much does it cost?

Are these what you're talking about?

https://picasaweb.google.com/107690288451082557730/StarTrekOnlineArtwork#5693437574261428978
    https://picasaweb.google.com/107690288451082557730/StarTrekOnlineArtwork#5717662459551609634
  • thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Something I've been curious about.

The Omega costume unlocks come in Types 1, 2, and 3.

I assume Type 1 is the base armor, plus a few extras like gloves, chest stuff, etc (for example, what you'd get in S6 with Mk XI MACO/Omega/HG)

Type 2 would then be the first screenshot there -- the helmets and shoulder pieces.

Type 3 would then be the variants in the third pic, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thratch1 wrote: »
    Something I've been curious about.

The Omega costume unlocks come in Types 1, 2, and 3.

I assume Type 1 is the base armor, plus a few extras like gloves, chest stuff, etc (for example, what you'd get in S6 with Mk XI MACO/Omega/HG)

Type 2 would then be the first screenshot there -- the helmets and shoulder pieces.

Type 3 would then be the variants in the third pic, right?

Not type 3. It's actually 2 types which are the Mk XI and Mk XII versions (sans helmet and helmet + a few more bits). There are extra costume pieces that are unlocked for both obtained by completing all of the optionals in the Elite STFs.
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    Not type 3. It's actually 2 types which are the Mk XI and Mk XII versions (sans helmet and helmet + a few more bits). There are extra costume pieces that are unlocked for both obtained by completing all of the optionals in the Elite STFs.

On the Omega Reputation page, tier 3 lists a costume unlock for MK XI STF that can be purchased called Type 1. On Tier V of the Omega Rep system, it lists costume unlocks for Type 2, Type 3 and Type 4.

I would surmise that type 1 is the basic costume, sans helmet, cape, extras etc and the type 2 is complete cosumte for M.A.C.O., Omega and K.H.G. and I would also say that Type 3 is the additional parts unlocked from having the elite optionals complete and type 4 is the new costume parts for the adapted sets.
    You can get Variants of the Mk12 suits buy getting the Elite accolades :)
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm wondering how many people have checked the higher tiers to see the costume unlocks have to be bought and can only be bought if you buy the associated set. Granted we don't actually know how much the costume projects will cost.

And fewer realize how plain it will look compared
    To the full accolade armor
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited November 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Mk10 Maco and Honour Guard get no visuals, but Omega gets a basic suit. Mk11 gets a suit on all three without a helmet and Mk12 gets the full thing.
    You can get Variants of the Mk12 suits buy getting the Elite accolades :)

This was true in S6, not quite so much in S7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Its true on S7 for most part, the only thing that changed is the Armor part have visuals now so you dont need set a costume slot if you just wear the armor part as before you had the standard plastic jumpsuit and if you wanted the visual, you had to set it as a costume.

Also the Mk XI Omega armor part is defaulting to the Mk X costume and not the XI costume.

That's why I was, and still am, a little confused as to what Type unlocks what, in regards to the costume unlocks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Well its a project now, you have to run it if you want to use it as a costume.

It should be available at the same tier that the set part, it does requires you to own the set but as I think it was said, there is no Mk X costume ... there was a Mk X Omega Set costume in the old system but it was just the Omega set, none of the other 2 had it.

Exactly. That's why I'm thinking that the Type 1 is what you used to get with the Mk XI armor sets, and Type 2 is what you'd get with the Mk XII armor sets, with Type 3 being extra variants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is how it went pre-S7

Type 1 MKX (Basic rubber suit).
    Type 2 MKXI (Some armour, pouches etc).
    Type 3 MKXII (Full armour or cape and extras if it is KHG).
    Type 4 MKXII w/ all STF optionals. (Helmet and optional armour pieces).

[Edit] If people can buy the helmet and optional MKXII pieces that you get from obtaining all of the optionals now, there will be some pretty pissed off individuals, myself included.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
    edited November 2012
    If people can buy the helmet and optional MKXII pieces that you get from obtaining all of the optionals now, there will be some pretty pissed off individuals, myself included.

You can... after getting all of the optionals. That's what Type 3 says -- you need the full Mk XII set, plus all of the optional accolades, before you unlock that project.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keysmachinekeysmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

yeah the white one has the style of the n7 armor in mass effect.

on the back as well it had spine ridges also.

this is a front and back of one of the main armor types in mass effect.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120315005553/masseffect/images/9/99/N7Armor.png
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thratch1 wrote: »
    You can... after getting all of the optionals. That's what Type 3 says -- you need the full Mk XII set, plus all of the optional accolades, before you unlock that project.

That sucks that you have to get all of the accolades/optionals then on top of that you have to technically have to pay for it...

What ever happened to being rewarded for all your hard work? This game makes me sad :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!