test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Private queues are currently disabled for both PvE and PvP.

admiraljelleadmiraljelle Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PvP Gameplay
Why whatfor? I hope it doesnt take long? Can someone please clarify?
Post edited by admiraljelle on

Comments

• aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If I had to hazard a guess, it was to force people to queue up for both PVP & PVE either in groups or as pugs so Cryptic could check the results and tweek things as they happen. Best way to find out how many people play a certain missions/map at certain times of the day is to throw them all into the same cooking pots I would imagine.

Or, they've broken it and will claim it's "working as intended" until fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • admiraljelleadmiraljelle Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Awesome ty buddy.

Sounds reasonable. It worked perfect especially for the 10v10 mixed combat with friends. TY for response
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    Private queues are disabled at this time because they were failing to properly clean up maps when the missions were complete. This was causing various issues with both sending players to empty maps, and overall stability.

It's being worked on as we speak, but for the immediate time being it was deemed safer to turn them off until it can be straightened out.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is absolutely the worst thing I could imagine happening to PvP besides completely removing it. Please get it fixed ASAP.
  • shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited November 2012
    skurf wrote: »
    This is absolutely the worst thing I could imagine happening to PvP besides completely removing it. Please get it fixed ASAP.
    You can still form a team and queue the team in a PUG. Not sure how this is the worst thing imaginable to PvP.
    edited November 2012
    shookyang wrote: »
    You can still form a team and queue the team in a PUG. Not sure how this is the worst thing imaginable to PvP.

because you dont have control over who your oponents are. In Opvp we sometimes do a big battle for those who are on that channel and are interested in big battles nowandthen.
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    shookyang wrote: »

The queues are pretty limited. You can't fight a friend to test a build, you can't 1v1, you can't make a 10v10 you can't arrange a battle with another premade, you can't mix factions,...

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • echodarksidedechodarksided Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, private queues down is a big deal. Kills fleet events and activities.

They were bugged too though. I had to change instances several times Wednesday night in 4v4s just to see everyone queued and arrange teams. Good they jumped on the issue quickly to fix them... assuming they did.
  • emoejoeemoejoe Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Private queues are disabled at this time because they were failing to properly clean up maps when the missions were complete. This was causing various issues with both sending players to empty maps, and overall stability.

It's being worked on as we speak, but for the immediate time being it was deemed safer to turn them off until it can be straightened out.

bye bye big pvps.
  • upyournacelles2upyournacelles2 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Funny thing is all the QQ'ers that whine "why dont you premades find another premade to private challenge" no longer can really say that. Please direct your hatred at cryptic and hold the line, pvp is very important to them and they will get right back to you.
    edited November 2012
    @ BorticusCryptic

Please buddy fix it as sson as possible because private qeus are so very important i miss it very much. Ty for your attantion, Jelle.
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Funny thing is all the QQ'ers that whine "why dont you premades find another premade to private challenge" no longer can really say that. Please direct your hatred at cryptic and hold the line, pvp is very important to them and they will get right back to you.

It's not PvP if you don't on occasion have a premade queuing up with the latest FOTM to roflstomp PuGs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • upyournacelles2upyournacelles2 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    snoge00f wrote: »
    It's not PvP if you don't on occasion have a premade queuing up with the latest FOTM to roflstomp PuGs.

dont get me wrong, a premade that will dominate the queue's but won't accept an invite from another premade to a private match is lame. In my experience, a lot of premades do exactly that and getting together a premade and finding those guys in the queues is the only way to fight them. Even lamer still is when that premade warps out when they see they're facing a premade instead of pugs.
  • ariellplariellpl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Disabling private queres = Cryptic dig your own grave.
  • chaosempdragonchaosempdragon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Unfortunately this not only hurts PvP'ers but PVE'ers on the KDF side where we don't always have the option of a full KDF group to que up an STF and are forced to pug. Been in this ISE for 47 minutes now...
    edited November 2012
    @ BorticuCryptic....

When are private ques for PVP 10v10 and PVE fixed again?
    I was hoping for a patch today.... please respond!
  • oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.25.20121118e.8

General:
    • Private queues have been re-enabled.
    • Updated the level range of PvE private queue maps.
      • This affects only those PvE queue maps for which the level can be adjusted.
      • The level of a queue map must be within two of the queue's creator.
      • Players that are more than two levels above the map's level cannot join.
      • For example, if a level 10 player creates a private queue, he can set it to levels 8 through 12.
        • Players level 10 through 14 would be able to join this example queue map.

Release notes for Tribble came out yesterday and show that they are coming back.

As to why they where disabled in the first place, there can be more than 1 valid reason that was taken into consideration. at the time. And I'm assuming that one of them was that you could have a LvL 40+ team blowing through a PvE map of LvL 4 enemy in about 90 seconds. :eek:
    As you can see from the release notes, it will not be possible to set up a private queue to do that any more.:P

And when the map is question doesn't have a cooldown, it doesn't take a genius to see why this needed to be changed. ;)
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Do you know what day they are comeing back then or not?
    I'm so happy :D