test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leadership Trait Boff Trait

captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
I was woundering if the leader passive trait 20% hull regeneration you get on human Boff work in combat or only out of combat,
Post edited by captainmerzan on

Comments

• captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Does any body know or have any information
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have been unable to get leadership to show any kind of difference on my ship. Slotting 0 leadership BOFFs and slotting 3 leadership BOFFs show the exact same hull regeneration, both in and out of combat.

:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm not even 100% sure the Leadership trait is working. It has long been a debate as to whether it is actually working or not, at first, it didn't, then a long long time ago I remember a patch came out that says its working, but since then it has never really benefited me personally. I think it's still up to debate whether its working or not. I wish a dev would comment on this, and give us a definitive answer if its working or not, and if its not, fix it.
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm not even 100% sure the Leadership trait is working. It has long been a debate as to whether it is actually working or not, at first, it didn't, then a long long time ago I remember a patch came out that says its working, but since then it has never really benefited me personally. I think it's still up to debate whether its working or not. I wish a dev would comment on this, and give us a definitive answer if its working or not, and if its not, fix it.

Yeap it would be nice if they would cause from my fleets testing of it, it doesnt seem to be doing anything so devs please let us know something ty
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I put a full human crew on my ship the other night, I see no difference what so ever albeit I am not writing down numbers and running a clock or anything

It's a shame they didn't (have time to) add more space traits
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I too have an all human space BOFF setup, to take advantage of this trait. There are only 2 traits for space BOFFs, Efficient and this one. Efficient works, but again, not sure about the Leadership one. But I figured, well, I might as well anyway just in case it does have an affect, it's pretty much all I can do other than equipping all Efficient Saurians or something.
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I did some experiments many months ago (around March, I believe). I came to the conclusion that the Leadership trait ONLY works for captains.

This was done with a starter ship with an Alien captain and a Human captain, both with and without a human BOff, and letting Klingons wail on my hull (an NX ship) with no points in hull/shield repair stats, and no shields equipped, and crew at 0. While some might say that the crew being at 0 would be the reason why it failed, it worked when there was a human captain, so I would say that Leadership's effectiveness works independent of the current crew numbers.

When it IS functioning, it works in battle, but passive hull repair plummets in battle no matter what you do.

As a note, while I may be wrong, most of what I've heard are people who say something like it works "in practice," but if the numbers aren't there, then it's impossible for it to work, "in practice" or not. The person who told me this basically "calculated" it by shooting at some other guy in PvP mode or something like that, without controlling for shields, crew, etc. :rolleyes:

As an additional note, one might notice that on human BOffs, the Leadership trait is considered a GROUND trait in the description, which might indicate the abnormalities.

I do know that this was supposed to have been fixed earlier this year (before I tested it), but I have seen no evidence that this is in fact the case.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There really should be some kind of warning on the box...

How about the Team Exploit bonuses? Do they work?

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    khayuung wrote: »
    There really should be some kind of warning on the box...

How about the Team Exploit bonuses? Do they work?

Virtually no work has been done on a LOT of the mathematics regarding ground stuff. Example: The extensive and excellent work done on the current stat system (done, I think, by Roach?) for space, versus nothing even approaching that for ground.

Further, it seems like it's just plain harder to test on the ground. Therefore, I have seen no evidence either way whether or not Teamwork functions. The fact that it is a ground trait, however, suggests to me strongly that it does in fact work, at least to some extent, as just about all the other ground traits work on BOffs, to my knowledge.
  • captainfry420xcaptainfry420x Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was searching trying to find out if two officers with Leadership skill would stack, but I walk away wondering if it works at all.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well if "efficient" doesn't work either a lot of people have been ripped off on the exchange
  • bada4boombada4boom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Leadership BOFF is marked as a ground trait. That seem to be the reason why it doesn't appear to work. Sounds like a simple fix, it has been reported several times, no fixes or acknowledgment yet. Efficient on the other hand it is correctly marked as a space trait and according to my testing it does work. To test Efficient: in system space I change the BOFF layout and watch the warpcore efficiency and the power levels change.