test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fabricating Mk XII Console Questions

anticlonusanticlonus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I have a question regarding this:

If I use an engineer doff, its supposed to raise the change of getting a blue,

If I use a + Cunning, + efficiency + stubborn, its supposed to raise the chance of getting a purple.

I overheard that its not a good idea, however to have BOTH and engineer and a + _______ because it actually eats away the chance at purple in favor of a chance at blue.

TLDR: Is it better to use engineer doffs for this or is will that lower the overall chance of a purple?
Post edited by anticlonus on

Comments

• Options
    titaniumworldtitaniumworld Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    one or two engineers should be fine there is a point in a lot of doff missions where going with only traits is better than going with the specialization because to many specialization doffs will pull from the purple critical chance.
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    I believe it was said in an episode of STOked that actually having Purple DOffs counts for making the consoles. So it's not just the traits... thats why purple eng doffs with resolve are 30+ million on the exchange.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The biggest thing to look at here is your chance for blue/purple. Too many engineering duty officers will flood the chance for blue, while diminishing the chance for purple. However, two few engineering duty officers will diminish the chances for both blue and purple. The important thing is to take note the effect each duty officer has and to optimize your layout.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The lower chance of a purple console (or a lower chance of a crit in other doff missions) only applies if you have eliminated the chance of failure, or in this case green consoles. Since that is impossible for this mission due to the starting percentages, adding engineers (if they have a crit trait) will not diminish your chances at a purple console. It will however increase your chances at a blue console while decreasing your chance at green. And yes, purple doffs increase the chance at getting a purple console.

In short, you want a purple engineer with a crit trait because it will decrease your chance at getting a green console while not decreasing your chance at getting a purple console.
  • Options
    ungratefuldead88ungratefuldead88 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What's the ceiling on this one? Best I can do at the moment is one purple engineer with Resolve + Stubborn and 4 non-engineering purples with Resolve and one crit trait. That gets me 24% purple, 33% blue, 43% green. I wonder what your odds are with a perfect team.
  • Options
    avarseiravarseir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I seem to get purple consoles more often from the following setup (1 purple in 4 attempts, quite consistently and never a green):

1. Purple Fabrication Eng (resolve and stubborn)
    2. Ang the vicious (resolve and efficient)
    3. Blue Fabrication Eng (resolve and stubborn)
    4. Blue Dmg Eng (resolve)
    5. Blue Maint Eng (resolve)

I have tried using all 4 purples with only the Fab Eng being the only engineer on the team while the rest of the purples have the crit traits (efficient, stubborn) but i get greens very often from that setup.

So my conclusion is eng doffs even blue ones give better result than other purple doffs even with crit trait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Choose what ever combination that gives you the lowest Green percentage. Blue & Purples are both worth way more then greens.
  • Options
    romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What's the ceiling on this one? Best I can do at the moment is one purple engineer with Resolve + Stubborn and 4 non-engineering purples with Resolve and one crit trait. That gets me 24% purple, 33% blue, 43% green. I wonder what your odds are with a perfect team.
    Odds are 24/51/24 with 5 purple engs with crit. Something to note: It is 1% better to use these over x4 + x1 blue cstore bajoran eng doff that has two crit traits. Stats are same except green which is 25 with blue, 24 with purple. It stands to reason the other stats change too, it's just too small of a change for the number to adjust.

I used to use 5x purple non eng with crits and switched to engs as I slowly got them starting with the bajoran cstore doff. I can safely say my purple console results have gone up 10 fold ever since starting with 5x purple crit eng. My blue of course has gone up too which is a good consolation prize over greens in the event it's antiproton or whatnot.

In short, yes your goal someday should be to have all five purple crit eng for this doff assignment. While the rule of thumb may apply here too like other assignments, it's overshadowed by blues being far more valuable than greens, and really I think that rule doesn't apply because my 5x eng have been netting me far more purple consoles than using non engs. Simply put, in the 6 months prior of not having them, the best I ever got was a quantum purple MKXII. In the one month of having engs, I have 150 million EC worth of consoles sitting in my bank now, deciding whether to use or sell. You be the judge.