test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A thought about reputation gear......

monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
Remember how in order to get the better version of the Reman prototype gear you had to have the lower piece of equipment first and do vault shuttle events then do a doff assignment giving up the gear and datalogs to, upon successful completion, obtain the higher Mk version?

People have been wondering, and so have I, are we going to have to do the projects for the lower TRIBBLE, then purchase say, Mk X M.A.C.O. gear from our personal store, then at tier 2 do a project that takes away our Mk X piece from our inventory and unlocks the Mk XI in the store? Or will we have to actually unlock the Mk X in the store, without purchasing it, before we can unlock Mk XI then Mk XII?

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't let us skip all the Mk X and Mk XI gear, go straight for tier 5 Omega and unlock only the Mk XII gear. :(

Just a thought.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• glxtrader1glxtrader1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    seems like your prayers have been answered, read new patch statements...
    Keep Vulcan Boob Chick, only baktag likes to stare at guys in MMOs
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nah you can ignore everything if you want.

ONE thing I have to add is, if you want the adapted ground set, you have to get the regular MK XII ground set (the old set) first.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    glxtrader1 wrote: »
    seems like your prayers have been answered, read new patch statements...

Please point out where? I see no word of it. Or point me to the right direction if I'm not looking in the right place. :)

Season 7 changes coming:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=457021

November 21, 2012 patch notes:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6705791

I only have tier 1 Romulan and Omega on 2 characters for now so I don't know about anything tier 2 or beyond. Could you be more specific?

I did already read both those before I created this thread. It was just something that popped up in my head randomly (in between staring at hooters and what to make to eat) and was curious if anyone knew the answer for sure.

Thanks for the input though. Much appreciated. :)
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vestereng wrote: »
    Nah you can ignore everything if you want.

ONE thing I have to add is, if you want the adapted ground set, you have to get the regular MK XII ground set (the old set) first.

Ahh. I don't have a problem with that. I just don't want to be forced to unlock crappy Mk X stuff before I can get better stuff, although it might be good to do that anyway since I never had any MACO/OMEGA stuff aside from getting that universal borg console from the story episode just before season 7 launched. I'm just afraid of spending tens of thousands of dilithium on junk I'm going to end up replacing later. So........I'll figure it out when I get there I suppose. Thanks for your input. :)
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ahh. I don't have a problem with that. I just don't want to be forced to unlock crappy Mk X stuff before I can get better stuff, although it might be good to do that anyway since I never had any MACO/OMEGA stuff aside from getting that universal borg console from the story episode just before season 7 launched. I'm just afraid of spending tens of thousands of dilithium on junk I'm going to end up replacing later. So........I'll figure it out when I get there I suppose. Thanks for your input. :)

If you're planning on running ground STFs then the Mk X ground set (MACO or KHG) is worth it for the Integrated Remodulation - if you're not then I'd advise you wait until you've unlocked the Mk XII set. Either way, the Mk XI is largely redundant now (unless you want MACO/Omega/KHG for your Boffs and want to see their faces - in which case just the Mk XI Armor will do :))
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012