test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well...30 days to go...

mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Ten Forward
..then we will all finally see an end to this 2012 'end of the world' hoopla we've been dealing with for years now. Thirty days from now, we will hit December 21st, 2012.

I personally have never believed any of this BS about it, though I won't deny a tiny part of me wonders a little if something might happen.

I'm not worried about a disaster or anything. I'm more worried about what PEOPLE will do between now and then. Individuals can be usually be sane and thoughtful, but large groups of people...can be irrational, panicky, and fearful.

On the plus side though, if you've gotten sick of dealing with something recently in your life, in 30 days, if we do all die, no more problem.
I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
Post edited by mimey2 on

Comments

• hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Let's all sing the DOOM SONG now !

Doom
    Doomy
    Doom
    Doom
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nothing will happen and its quite surprising how this got out of hand really.
  • glxtrader1glxtrader1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Didn't the world end in 1999? or 2000?? or 2001?
    Keep Vulcan Boob Chick, only baktag likes to stare at guys in MMOs
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    glxtrader1 wrote: »
    Didn't the world end in 1999? or 2000?? or 2001?

I'm pretty sure it ends at least once a year. two if we are lucky.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Well apart from the remote change a gamma strike takes us out nothing can happen in 30 days.

Though of course gamma strikes could hit anytime at all without warning.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!