test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Powered alien artifact question.

redstarsweredstarswe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So, I got 3 of them, but only 3 out of 5 Doffs required for assembling. Usually there are good descriptions for what kind of Doffs are required for the job, but not this time. It usually says you are missing a gravimetric scientist or something like that.

Could anyone inform me which Doffs I need?

To clarify, this is for the alien artifacts from the reinforcement pack.
A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
Post edited by redstarswe on

Comments

• redstarsweredstarswe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It would seem the details remain in a shroud of mystery.
    A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Heheh...

If you look in the corner of the doff it's asking for it says "resolve", meaning any with resolve then to crit on it you need effecient, stubborn, cunning if I remember correctly.

My main disappointment with fabrication was learning even after you go through all that trouble and finally do create a purple, you are just as likely, if not more, to pop out a MK X... :D
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    stowiki /10chars
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It wouldn't be so bad if Mk XII blues that I commonly pop out didn't go for peanuts on the exchange. Right now it's far more cost-effective to acquire strange artifacts and turn them into powered artifacts for immediate sale. Sure you might one day get a purple energy weapon console or field generator (and let's be honest with ourselves, those are the only consoles we really want to make) but the number of artifacts you have to grind to get one make the energy credit investment if you buy them rather than wait forever for the weekly doff mission or hope for a lucky artifact drop, means that selling powered artifacts is where the steady income's at.
    It's quite easy to get all the rare particle traces you need. Just grind the dilithium mining during the event and get over 750 points in each session and you get 5 rare particle traces. I just take the mission and leave it alone until the event and usually can repeat it immediately due to the cooldown being long overdue and I get 10 traces and 1850 dilithium for 15 minutes work.

Too bad everybody else is starting to figure this out also...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • galaxicongalaxicon Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So I got one of those Powered Alien Artifacts but cant figure out what to do with it. I went to Engineering but speaking with Officer > Engineering Assignments does not show anything for Analysis of the artifact or to create a ship console. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a matter of waiting for that type of Engineering Assignment to become available at random?
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    galaxicon wrote: »
    So I got one of those Powered Alien Artifacts but cant figure out what to do with it. I went to Engineering but speaking with Officer > Engineering Assignments does not show anything for Analysis of the artifact or to create a ship console. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a matter of waiting for that type of Engineering Assignment to become available at random?

Speak to the Engineer and look under Special Projects
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vestereng wrote: »
    Heheh...

If you look in the corner of the doff it's asking for it says "resolve", meaning any with resolve then to crit on it you need effecient, stubborn, cunning if I remember correctly.

My main disappointment with fabrication was learning even after you go through all that trouble and finally do create a purple, you are just as likely, if not more, to pop out a MK X... :D

When did this happen? As far as I know, and from every assignment I've completed, you can ONLY get Mk XIIs.
  • galaxicongalaxicon Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    Speak to the Engineer and look under Special Projects

Thanks for responding. Talking to the engineer I get:

Assemble Ship Repair Comps
    Assemble Ship Battery
    Assemble Prototypes
    Engineering Assignments

I choose Engineering Assignments and there are a few doff assignments but nothing relevant to analysing artifact or building a console. There is no Special Projects anywhere. Any ideas?
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The main problem is that there are 50 thousand different damned types of consoles and about 95% of them are completely worthless. They need to consolidate them and get rid of the TRIBBLE ones.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    galaxicon wrote: »
    Thanks for responding. Talking to the engineer I get:

Assemble Ship Repair Comps
    Assemble Ship Battery
    Assemble Prototypes
    Engineering Assignments

I choose Engineering Assignments and there are a few doff assignments but nothing relevant to analysing artifact or building a console. There is no Special Projects anywhere. Any ideas?

Ahh my bad was thinking of the previous step to make a powered one from the strange but with the sci officer - blame it on lack of sleep lol - look under Assemble Prototypes and there should be Fabricate Prototype Console from Alien Artifact

http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_Fabricate_Prototype_Console_from_Alien_Artifact
  • kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    darthwoo wrote: »
    When did this happen? As far as I know, and from every assignment I've completed, you can ONLY get Mk XIIs.

You are correct, he is not, or simply mistyped.
    You get Mk XII consoles only from the chain.
    Use enginners with resolve for success
    Crit success traits are stubborn, cunning and efficent.
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008