test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Personal rep system - how long to Tier 5?

rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
Is my maths correct. Without going through the entire equation I tried to work out how long it would be to collect tier 5. According to much head scratching, if i did every project back to back it would take me almost 3 years to complete tier 5?!! Can someone confirm? There is no way ill get that far... Oh how i miss te loot system.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
Post edited by rustiswordz on

Comments

• Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ha, That is nothing. With my math it will take 100 years to take it to T5
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nope. T5 unlocks at 100,000 XP. You can run 2 projects at a time for a total of 2800 XP. So, that means you will need 36 projects (100K divided by 2800). Each project takes a day and a half, so lets call it 2 days. That means 72 days (36 times 2).

2-3 months.
    rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I got the same numbers you did but obviously my end calculations were wrong.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I got the same numbers you did but obviously my end calculations were wrong.

100,000 divided by 2800 = 35.7 (or 36)

36 times 2 = 72 days
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    latinumbar wrote: »
    100,000 divided by 2800 = 35.7 (or 36)

36 times 2 = 72 days

That's what my math showed too.
    This is of course the time if there is minimal down time between projects getting launched (4 hours).
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    dtranquildtranquil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That's what my math showed too.
    This is of course the time if there is minimal down time between projects getting launched (4 hours).

However that Does not include unlocking items , Purchasing sets all of which require even more time.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you do all the store unlocks during the grind, you do lose some XP - assuming you do the 2000 xp projects continuously and drop the 800s for every store unlock, you'll lose 19,080 xp (losses in 3 lots of 790 each tier 1-4), necessitating another 14 days to cap. Every 4 requisitions done before tier 5 will extend the grind time by 2 days as well (loss of 600 per requisition), again assuming you don't stop the 2000 xp projects.
  • Options
    tommytk421tommytk421 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dtranquil wrote: »
    However that Does not include unlocking items , Purchasing sets all of which require even more time.

for the most part there is no reason to invest much in the stuff you can buy from the store untill you unlock teir 4 or 5 I would rather put another 800 rep toward my end goal that has better stuff than wast time on stuff now.
  • Options
    xsharpexxsharpex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xsharpex wrote: »
    bare minimum amount of time to unlock the necessities per character:

tier 0-5:
    100,000 xp /2800 xp per project cycle = 31.7 project cycles
    31.7 project cycles * 40 hours per project cycle = 1428.6 hours

mk xii pulsewave: 40 hours
    mk xii split beam: 40 hours

mk xii armor: 40 hours
    mk xii weapon: 40 hours
    mk xii psg: 40 hours

mk xii deflector: 40 hours
    mk xii engine: 40 hours
    mk xii shield: 40 hours

@ 2 projects per cycle, total time = 320 hours/2 = 160 hours

add 120 hours for the new set of assimilated console, cutting beam and omega torpedo
    add 120 hours for the 2nd set
    add 120 hours for the adapted set
    add 160 hours for all the costume unlocks

@ 2 projects per cycle, total time = 520 hours/2 = 260 hours

+5 hours, 1 for each tier unlock

total time: 1853.6 hours or 77.23 days per every brand spanking new toon.

that's just the waiting time too! insane, no?

the best part? after all this farming, what are you going to do with your new found sets after waiting all this time? more farming. LOL... oh the irony. all the while, picking up the slack of all of those around you who haven't completed the same grind. If you thought public queues and some private games were bad? Just wait until you have all these new, completely under geared guys trying to participate.

snip. for your viewing pleasure ;] mind you, most of this is preliminary speculation. this assumes that all projects and upgrade times are static and unchanged throughout all tiers. there is the very good possibility that the requisition projects, unlock and upgrade projects at the higher tiers will require additional time. the figures above are based on the tier 1 projects and their respective timers.
  • Options
    neohunter200neohunter200 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seriously, what is Cryptic thinking? Doing projects non-stop for 2 to 3 months just to get to Tier 5 and get the best stuff is ridiculous.

I sincerely hope the guys at Cryptic take a long hard look at the Reputation system, slap themselves a bit then overhaul the entire system.
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If they just tweak it so that it takes anywhere from 12-24hrs to do one project, then this system wouldn't be bad. Maybe have the upgrade projects be the long ones, while the submit stuff projects take less time.

Because 2-3 months is a bit of a stretch IMO.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well we aren't supposed to unlock the content immediately.

What makes it painful is those who been working for Mk12 Gear since December got hosed in being delayed for 2 more months and then forced to pay 34,000 DL per set piece. Which really was a lousy thing for Cryptic to do.