test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shield Consoles Question

valinsterlingvalinsterling Member Posts: 33 Arc User
So I'm a Tactical captain and my shield regenerator of choice is a pair of EPtS, basically keeping them almost constantly going in combat.

I've been using Console - Science - Emitter Array, but looking at the wiki entry for it and others, I'm not sure how much it's actually helping me. It says that it helps with shield repairs and heals, which EPtS does, but according to the Starship Shield Emitters skill page (which apparently Emitter Array uses as its associated skill), the skill doesn't effect EPtS.

So do I actually want Console - Science - Shield Emitter Amplifiers to get the best shield regen for my buck, so to speak, when using EPtS?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the confusion. Just when I think I'm getting a handle on things, I need to ask a noob question. :P
Post edited by valinsterling on

Comments

• glxtrader1glxtrader1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Keep Vulcan Boob Chick, only baktag likes to stare at guys in MMOs
  • valinsterlingvalinsterling Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That helps with the skills question. I'll definitely be bookmarking that page.

I suppose that the follow up question is what is the difference between Shield Emitter Amplifier and Emitter Array (both science consoles)? It's kind of ambiguous - one helps with "shield regeneration" and the other helps with "shield repair and healing" which to me means the same thing.

Edit: Maybe I answered my own question: they both do the same thing, but the former has no skill that it feeds off of while the latter works with Starship Shield Emitters skill. So if you've invested in Starship Shield Emitters, better to get the Emitter Array and if you haven't spent the points go with the Amplifier?
  • areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I thought Field Generators were the consoles to use in the science slot besides universal consoles. The biggest bang for your buck is getting at least 17.5% or more per console slot is it not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.