test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Done Dilithium, Do Doff System

flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
Well Cryptic, It's nice that you've put the Dilithium back, now it's time for you to remove it from the Doff System. You're killing play styles with the extreme costs you've placed within the Duty Officer System. There was nothing wrong with it until you increased (extortionately I might add) the prices.

/A player who wont be playing until this decision is undone. 5000 Dilithium for 5 Blue > 1 Purple is a kick in the teeth.
attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
Post edited by flash525 on

Comments

• luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    flash525 wrote: »
    Well Cryptic, It's nice that you've put the Dilithium back, now it's time for you to remove it from the Doff System. You're killing play styles with the extreme costs you've placed within the Duty Officer System. There was nothing wrong with it until you increased (extortionately I might add) the prices.

/A player who wont be playing until this decision is undone. 5000 Dilithium for 5 Blue > 1 Purple is a kick in the teeth.

No, it isn't.

Who was even so stupid to waste his doffs in this manner? 5 blue doffs for a random purple who was probably a chef or bartender?
  • captainbradycaptainbrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree with OP
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No, it isn't.

Who was even so stupid to waste his doffs in this manner? 5 blue doffs for a random purple who was probably a chef or bartender?

Not when those 5 blues are also chefs or bartenders
    @Powerblast in game
  • pkunkpkunk Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I gotta agree, the jacked up prices on DOFF exchange is really brutal. It's bad enough we're giving up 5 lower ranking DOFFs for 1 random one of the next level up.

The tradeup costs ballooned 2400% for 5 Commons -> 1 Uncommon (Was 25 dilithium, now 600). And a staggering 3000% for 5 Uncommons -> 1 Rare (Was 100 dilithium, now 3000). I don't know what the old dilithium cost was for 5 Rares -> 1 Very Rare.

But seriously... the cost in DOFF loss when trading up is more than enough, please undo these new costs. There's already far too much in this game that gnaws on our dilithium supplies.

I basically can't give any dilithium to my fleet now because I have to use it to keep improving my DOFF roster.

Lastly, the new 1000 dilithium cost on General Recruitment for DOFFs is ok with me. I can understand and accept that. But jacking up trading-up costs so excessively.... not cool.
  • sensorghostsensorghost Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    heres the kicker, how much dilithium do you get to fire a DOFF? Guess what, no change occurred.
  • tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't agree with the changes either.

Consider the following:

500 Dilithium for the General Duty Pack

500 Dilithium to convert 5 commons to an uncommon. I may as well pay 1000 to get an Uncommon.

2500 Dilithium to convert 5 uncommons to a Rare.

That amounts to about 5500 Dilithium for a Rare Duty Officer (500 for the duty pack if you use it, 2500 to use the common conversion 5 times, and 2500 to use the uncommon conversion once). I may as well pay 6000 outright to get one myself.

Not to mention 5000 Dilithium to convert 5 rares to a Very Rare. You pay 12000 Dilithium for a Very Rare of your choice. If you're working from the bottom up, you are possibly looking at 32500 dilithium. What's the point then?

With the Fleet Advancement system, I have been getting duty officers for these projects, and anyone I do not use I send to be reconverted. Now with these insane fees, I feel that they have taken the fun out of getting DOffs. It is now strictly a tool for Fleet Advancement and not to build up your DOff roster.

If you have to charge Dilithium to Upgrade, fine. But please reduce the fees. Make it like 100 to convert to Uncommon, 500 to convert to Rare, and 1000 to convert to Very Rare. And Make the General Duty pack 250 Dilithium. This way, you'll still spend around 7250 for a Rare Officer.

Highway robbery if you ask me. Why bother having the DOff upgrade system then? I'd rather kill them off and collect whatever piddly dilithium I can get. :(
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • sensorghostsensorghost Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If reviewed closely these changes affect every aspect of the game at every level of play. Its like we fell thought the Mirror Darkly.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Forget the Purples then, lets say you want a collection of Blues. You're still paying an awful lot for them compared to the old prices, and taking into account what else you need Dilithium for (Zen exchanges, fleet projects, outpost projects, purchasable items).
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    Not when those 5 blues are also chefs or bartenders
    In my experience, I haven't got that many Chefs of Bartenders.
    pkunk wrote: »
    But seriously... the cost in DOFF loss when trading up is more than enough, please undo these new costs. There's already far too much in this game that gnaws on our dilithium supplies.
    Quoted for Truth.
    pkunk wrote: »
    I basically can't give any dilithium to my fleet now because I have to use it to keep improving my DOFF roster.
    Same here. What makes this even more... ironic, is they're suppose to be encouraging fleet-play. The problem being, they've increased Dilithium on the Doff System so much that people can't afford to put it into their fleets, thus the fleet projects don't move forward in the slightest.
    heres the kicker, how much dilithium do you get to fire a DOFF? Guess what, no change occurred.
    Depends whether they're bound or not. If they are, then no, you don't get anything, otherwise (if unbound) you can sell them on the exchange.
    tahnalos wrote: »
    Highway robbery if you ask me. Why bother having the DOff upgrade system then? I'd rather kill them off and collect whatever piddly dilithium I can get.
    Save killing them, exchange sales are the way to go if you want rid. But you are right on everything else you said though. It is a scam, and an insult to us.
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Try to do cluster exploration missions, and you'll get purple doff if you're lucky and critical chance is around 33% - 35%
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    notapwefan wrote: »
    Try to do cluster exploration missions, and you'll get purple doff if you're lucky and critical chance is around 33% - 35%
    I shouldn't have to rely on luck. Cryptic shouldn't have made the Duty Officer Exchange so damned pricey.
  • verbenamageverbenamage Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Honestly I quit going to the academy with season 7.

Season 6 I did my officer reports there, did the lore, and checked to see if the recruitment assignments were available. I'd also reassign any extra white or green officers to get the next grade up.

Now with season 7, officer reports are gone. Reassignment is repressively expensive and not worth doing at all. Without reassignment my doff roster is too full. There's no way on earth I'm paying 1k dil for a crappy doff pack, and it's not worth dealing with the extra-long duration of the other recruitment assignments when I can't reassign the whites and greens. Lore alone, just 480 dil, isn't worth the trip. So I skip the academy altogether now.
    edited November 2012
    Honestly I quit going to the academy with season 7.

Now with season 7, officer reports are gone. Reassignment is repressively expensive and not worth doing at all. Without reassignment my doff roster is too full. There's no way on earth I'm paying 1k dil for a crappy doff pack, and it's not worth dealing with the extra-long duration of the other recruitment assignments when I can't reassign the whites and greens. Lore alone, just 480 dil, isn't worth the trip. So I skip the academy altogether now.
    Some people enjoyed the Academy Business and have a different way of playing the game to you. I was involved with the Academy on a daily basis (as were you) and the... removal of it has ruined part of the game for me, which has in turn ruined all of the game.
  • verbenamageverbenamage Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Some people enjoyed the Academy Business and have a different way of playing the game to you. I was involved with the Academy on a daily basis (as were you) and the... removal of it has ruined part of the game for me, which has in turn ruined all of the game.

Yes I know. My point is the recent changes are so bad they've left people with no reason to visit what is or should be an integral part of the game. That this has occurred should be a telling consideration to the devs that the changes were not as beneficial as they may have believed.
  • goodoleboy01goodoleboy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ... its just a bad decision that will make me stop trading in Doffs. Seriously, I'm done. There's not a snowball's chance in hell that I'm going to do that again until they fix it. I'll use the ones I've got. Only 4 purples?!! Big deal... another one that might turn out to be useless isn't worth rolling the dice with that much dilithium. Please to fix. Soon.
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Agreed.

Too expensive now to take a risk on getting TRIBBLE.
    :eek:
    edited November 2012
    Yes I know. My point is the recent changes are so bad they've left people with no reason to visit what is or should be an integral part of the game.
    Point made.
    That this has occurred should be a telling consideration to the devs that the changes were not as beneficial as they may have believed.
    You'd think. Apparently they only notice what benefits their pockets.
    ... its just a bad decision that will make me stop trading in Doffs. Seriously, I'm done. There's not a snowball's chance in hell that I'm going to do that again until they fix it. I'll use the ones I've got. Only 4 purples?!! Big deal... another one that might turn out to be useless isn't worth rolling the dice with that much dilithium. Please to fix. Soon.
    I too hope they fix it soon, though I still believe it to be a kick in the teeth. From the ground up it's costing 30k per person, per purple Doff. How is that ever acceptable? Especially when you can buy them from the Academy Cat (name escapes me) for 12,000.

Since Feb, 2012, I've spent roughly ?145 on this game (that's about 175 euroes, or $230). The vast majority of that has gone toward bank and inventory slots, a number of lock box keys (Cardassian only, I haven't bought a key with real money for any of the later boxes as the Cardassian ones gave me scrap), a couple of bridge officer slots and a Caitian/Ferasan plus Borg Engineering Officer. The rest all went to exchanging dilithium because I was struggling. What do they do to help me? They increase the dilithium costs. They must think I'm stupid enough to put more money into the game. No!

With ?145 I could have (instead) bought 4 or 5 brand new PC games from a shop.

It's two weeks tomorrow that Season 7 was released, and that's two weeks that I've quit on playing the game. I'll be continuing this until they reduce the costs they've implemented. They listened to everyone who moaned / commented / complained about the STF rewards and such, yet when it comes to the prices surrounding the doff system, they just went ahead and ignored everybody.
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Pay attention:

1) Collect prices from the exchange on blue & purple doff specialties.

2) Devise a specified minimum pricing where 5 blue doffs of a limited set of specialties = the price of the lower or mid priced purples.

3) Sell off blue doffs that meet a specific minimum.

4) Grind blue doffs that are below the specified minimum (you know, those same crappy chefs and bartenders).

What you would get are purples that sold either at 90% the value or significantly greater than the 5 blue DOFFs you used to input.

At the same time you would have sold off all of the blues that were generally too valuable to grind.

Stupid, is not thinking things through and calling others stupid.

The new dilithium prices for DOFFs has made the above method too risky, and too high a cost to bother with.

Another system dead on the chopping block of S7.
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, for now, instead of degrinding five of my starcluster doubles and regrinding them into 3 new very rares, there's always the officer exchanges in the Cardassian sectors. That is, until Cryptic makes it impossible to use bound Doffs on them, and tacks on a draconian cooldown period. So... Thursday?

Does anyone know what these people are doing anymore? Cause they say they're trying to put more dilithium in the average player's hands, by adding in more stuff that gets people dilithium, which they do, but what's happening is that the things that give it give less, they slashed doff dismissal income by 95% (where adding small costs to the degrinder would've nerfed their exploit-du-jour as effectively), tacked on more costs, and while they're busy shouting "It's alive!" meanwhile the zen is coughing up blood on the Dilithium exchange. (Down almost 20% since season launch, from 160 to 130. Which doesn't suggest people have more dilithium. It suggests people need more dilithium.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Dilithium costs added to the DOff system have stopped me from trading DOff's. I traded up what I could before the season 7 mess hit and I'm sticking with what I got. There just isn't enough Dilithium to waste on DOff's.
    edited November 2012
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    Well, for now, instead of degrinding five of my starcluster doubles and regrinding them into 3 new very rares, there's always the officer exchanges in the Cardassian sectors. That is, until Cryptic makes it impossible to use bound Doffs on them, and tacks on a draconian cooldown period. So... Thursday?
    Officer Exchange Programs are okay, though half of them need a Refugee don't they? From experiance (if I'm thinking of the right thing) a common refugee is highly likely to give you a common Doff as the assignment reward.
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    Does anyone know what these people are doing anymore? Cause they say they're trying to put more dilithium in the average player's hands, by adding in more stuff that gets people dilithium, which they do, but what's happening is that the things that give it give less, they slashed doff dismissal income by 95% (where adding small costs to the degrinder would've nerfed their exploit-du-jour as effectively), tacked on more costs, and while they're busy shouting "It's alive!" meanwhile the zen is coughing up blood on the Dilithium exchange. (Down almost 20% since season launch, from 160 to 130. Which doesn't suggest people have more dilithium. It suggests people need more dilithium.)
    Everybody knows what Cryptic are doing, and that's filling their pockets.

They made claims about their reasons for the dilithium prices (as you've mentioned). That's complete bull. It's just some lame excuse they came up with and shared with the community; half the community (those that ain't too bright) are naive enough to believe the preaching. The other half know that we're being conned.

They said they wanted more people to be able to get more dilithium, some would say they've achieved this via STF and PvE/PvP ect. However, they've taken dilithium away from various star clusters, and have upped the prices (duty officers as example) extortionately, so any extra dilithium we would be getting would be leaving our hands quicker than it would before.

Add that to the dilithium requirements for fleet projects and the reputation system. It's a joke. They claim to want to be helping us out when in reality, they're bending us all over and giving us a good thrusting at their leisure.
    jcsww wrote: »
    The Dilithium costs added to the DOff system have stopped me from trading DOff's. I traded up what I could before the season 7 mess hit and I'm sticking with what I got. There just isn't enough Dilithium to waste on DOff's.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I used to enjoy the Doff System and spend a fair portion of time with them. Now, there's little to no point. What have I got for all my effort and input except for a 'go TRIBBLE yourself' from the developers, least that's what it feels like.
  • corbormitecorbormite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Whilst the cost of doff exchange seems a little pricey, dilithium is fairly easy to come by. I think they've done the right thing otherwise there'd be nothing to the game. Now it takes planning to get doffs, reputation, equipment etc.

It's made it more of a challenge for me personally and more fun, it was mostly just grinding before.
    edited November 2012
    corbormite wrote: »
    Whilst the cost of doff exchange seems a little pricey, dilithium is fairly easy to come by. I think they've done the right thing otherwise there'd be nothing to the game. Now it takes planning to get doffs, reputation, equipment etc.
    Granted, it isn't so much a problem to get that 8000 a day. A couple of Daily Missions, some Sector Defences ect. The problem comes once you've got that Dilithium. With the Fleet and Foundry Projects requiring a lot of dilithium, add to that dilithium requirements for Romulan and Omega material, there just isn't enough dilithium around to work the Doff System. The Doff System was an important part of my playstyle, and I've lost that now.
    corbormite wrote: »
    It's made it more of a challenge for me personally and more fun, it was mostly just grinding before.
    You might have a lot more time to play the game than the rest of us.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Officer Exchange Programs are okay, though half of them need a Refugee don't they? From experiance (if I'm thinking of the right thing) a common refugee is highly likely to give you a common Doff as the assignment reward.
    Everybody knows what Cryptic are doing, and that's filling their pockets.

They made claims about their reasons for the dilithium prices (as you've mentioned). That's complete bull. It's just some lame excuse they came up with and shared with the community; half the community (those that ain't too bright) are naive enough to believe the preaching. The other half know that we're being conned.

They said they wanted more people to be able to get more dilithium, some would say they've achieved this via STF and PvE/PvP ect. However, they've taken dilithium away from various star clusters, and have upped the prices (duty officers as example) extortionately, so any extra dilithium we would be getting would be leaving our hands quicker than it would before.

Add that to the dilithium requirements for fleet projects and the reputation system. It's a joke. They claim to want to be helping us out when in reality, they're bending us all over and giving us a good thrusting at their leisure.

I wholeheartedly agree. I used to enjoy the Doff System and spend a fair portion of time with them. Now, there's little to no point. What have I got for all my effort and input except for a 'go TRIBBLE yourself' from the developers, least that's what it feels like.

You're thinking of asylums.

Exchanges are the repeatable follow-ups to the consular chains.