test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium costs in all projects and stores is far too high. Too Expensive.

chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I hope that cryptic/pw devs see this and take note.
The amount of dilithium needed to buy things in projects and stores,is far too high,generally VERY EXPENSIVE.
The dilithium allowances in missions is ridiculously small,and need to rise sharply.
Devs, please think of the ordinary person that is not loaded full of cash.
Make this game more fun by reducing the costs,especially with dilithium.
We don't all have an endless bottomless pit of money.
The Vesta in the z store is heavily OVER PRICED. Far too expensive.
Please make this game generally more affordable.
Post edited by chaz200565 on

Comments

• tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    chaz200565 wrote: »
    I hope that cryptic/pw devs see this and take note.
    The amount of dilithium needed to buy things in projects and stores,is far too high,generally VERY EXPENSIVE.
    The dilithium allowances in missions is ridiculously small,and need to rise sharply.
    Devs, please think of the ordinary person that is not loaded full of cash.
    Make this game more fun by reducing the costs,especially with dilithium.
    We don't all have an endless bottomless pit of money.
    The Vesta in the z store is heavily OVER PRICED. Far too expensive.
    Please make this game generally more affordable.

Its a free to play game, where you can, literally, buy all those without spending a cent. How much more affordable should they make it?
  • avarseiravarseir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »
    Its a free to play game, where you can, literally, buy all those without spending a cent. How much more affordable should they make it?

What the OP meant is: Give me everything for free, and at the same time give me lots of free dilithium daily. This is so I can equip me twink cruiser and show it to my friends at our next game night!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »

How can you call it a free game?The dilithium allowances or yields are so small,that we are virtually forced into buying zen to turn into dilithium.
    Also if a cent as you put it was never spent,this game would take years to complete per season.
    The dilithium that we can get freely is so ridiculously small,its hardly enough for projects to do. So would i be able to buy the vesta ship then? 5000 zen without spending any real money???? i think not,and i also think you are out of touch with people.
  • andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    how are people still having problems with dilithium? i Hit the cap an hour after logging in. and thats without doing stfs. Di is easy to get, stop whining.
    edited November 2012
    easy to get tiny amounts of dilithium yes. otherwise you end up having to buy it,as dilithium costs in alot of projects are very highly expensive.
    and its not whining either. its a fact.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    andyslash wrote: »
    how are people still having problems with dilithium? i Hit the cap an hour after logging in. and thats without doing stfs. Di is easy to get, stop whining.

The cap is ONE problem.
    You can make 20k dil/day but if you're limited to refining 8k/day...

Then there's the whole issue of increased dilithium expenditures.
    Season 7 is BROKEN.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • samsonhalfzwaresamsonhalfzware Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i ground 5k zen in 3 weeks using 10 toons to get the dilith needed, it wasnt easy and now that investigate daily officer reports have been nerfed and broke im glad i did it when i did as they were a nice easy help to get some extra dilith and fm`s.
    deffo wont be able to make 5k zen in 3 weeks now even with 10 toons as there just isnt enough dilith in the rewards to make it viable to grind with so many toons, i fear some are now going to be relegated to nothing more than extra storage.
    investigate officer reports is useless at the moment too as and its probably easier to do 3 or 4 runs on one of the dilith reward missions, although thats if you can actually join one withotu the map moving in 10secs bug.
    really like this game and i like some of the changes that came with this season, others i hate with a vengance, atleast i can sort of console myself with the fact im a lifetimer and get a monthly stipend that takes some of the bitterness off not being able to make as much dilith now.
    i still get the cap on my mains but my alt toons dont really get much now.
    edited November 2012
    If this is meant to be a free game,then Devs, allow us substantiallly bigger allowances of dilithium on all missions and on the mining too,then we would not have to buy any with real money.
    The current allowances are far too small.
  • izdubar6izdubar6 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    $50 of zen a month isn't asking for much.

Maybe you just can't afford to play this game?
    edited November 2012
    I hope the Devs see this.

The current allowances for getting dilithium are far too small,and when it comes to mining for it,all you can get is a lousy tiny amount per day.
    How about changing that silly rule,and allowing us to mine for dilithium as often as we wish?Multiple times in a day if need be.
    Give us a better bigger chance to get alot more freely without having to use real money.
  • quinnstriatequinnstriate Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Honestly, you all are out of your minds. Why do you have the belief that you are somehow entitled to the things in the C-Store for cheap? The things in the C Store are bonuses. Extras. By paying real money for them you are supporting the continuation of the game. You should feel lucky that Cryptic even allows you to convert an ingame currency into Zen. They don't have to do that. You are not entitled to a Vesta. If you can save up the dilithium and get one, or spend real money to get one, then congratulations! You've done the hard work and you've earned your reward. Don't come on the forums and beg for even more handouts when there are those of us who are actively working on our own rewards.

You should be able to hit the dilithium cap with only a modicum of effort every day. Here's how:

1. Before you log off make sure you have your full compliment of DutyOfficer missions going. Especially the Dilithium Mining missions.
    2. Do your Dilithium Digging mission every day
    3. Do your Starfleet Academy exam every day
    4. Do a few STFs or Fleet Actions
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I?ve never had a problem with the Zen store items if I want them I?ll buy them outright and if I kind of want them I?d grind and convert for them.

The only real problem that I have with the current Dilithium limitations is that if you want to make any progress in your star bases or now the new Romulan adventure zone (sounds like a Chuck E Cheese knock off) and the Omega Rep you kneed insane amounts of Dilithium and time to do so.

I?ve tried quite a few times to get myself back into playing STO but I just can?t get past the feeling that all I?m doing is grinding to get the next trinket and not playing any content of real substance.

I was hoping season 7 would draw me back in but now I?m hitching my cart to season 8.

From the outside looking in on the current Dilithium sinks that are in STO I?d think it would be quite fair to ask them to reduce the current Dilithium requirements by at least 30% across the board.

IMO Cryptic should want their player base to feel that they can comfortably reach the necessary requirements for their individual and Fleet oriented goals seeing has STO is being touted has a Casual F2P game.

To me STO is starting to look more and more like a 2nd life type game where you need to strictly manage your gaming time not necessarily playing the content that you want to play but grinding the content that you have to grind in order to keep progressing in this CASUAL MMO.

Tune into some of the podcasts out there like Priority One, Stoked Radio and Podcast UGC and you?ll notice that all of them complain about the ungodly amounts of Dilithium that is required to unlock fluff things like Fish tanks and potted plants for their Star Bases.

For the life on me I don?t understand why the Duty Officers that are need to complete a project are not returned to the player once the project is completed; I mean come on, does the Star Base require Sacrifices to curry its favor :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]