test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STF loot tables.

jovolorojovoloro Member Posts: 24 Arc User
As it is right now stfs have no unique loot drops, only omega marks, and neural processors. What I suggest is an adjustment to the BOSS mob drops, I know on tribble they are adding basic loot drops to stf mobs, thats cool, but I wanna see unique fluff, to drive people to do stfs when they don`t need marks to keep the FUN factor up.

Add non consumable combat pets and/or non combat pets that are unique, or cosmetic gear, costumes, playable shuttles, consumables: such as unique combined large batteries, an so on,
Whatever fluff the devs can dream up, give some of em hard drop rates, like 1% on the shuttle.

My idea is to add fluff to PvE combat Boss mobs to add the element of surprise when you kill it. Right now its Boom hes dead an I got marks which I don`t need, I don`t feel compelled to run stfs for dilithium or marks, I like the anticipation of drops that are unique.

POST HERE IF YOU AGREE !! or post your ideas, but lets keep from conversation about what cryptic has done that people don`t agree on, lets focus on what will help with the FUN FACTOR, which is why we play !!
Post edited by jovoloro on

Comments

• jovolorojovoloro Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    just bumping for public view. !!! BUMP!
  • captain01982captain01982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i completly agree with this
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • finiesfinies Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree . There needs to be something that wold draw people into the STfs . Right now , i am of the mind that i need marks .. i do ISE once a day , along with the rest of my dailies . i see no reason to do anymore than that . i see no reason to go into the hive .. no point .. nothing there that i can't get out of ISE .

What would of made this better ( imho ) left the stfs the way they were .. i can deal with the retro set going to a 3 piece set and putting the consul into another set . left the Maco and Omega were it was , and in the rep system added the new stuff .. i.e. assimilated mark xi and up and the adapted armor and all the other goodies we got with the rep system. That way you still would of had a reason to go into the stfs and a reason to build up your rep.. AGAIN this is just an opinion .
  • blznfunblznfun Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    BUMP

+1

I totally agree...

Actually if I had it my way, I would get rid of the rep system. It sucks and it stinks... (For obvious reasons = Grind)
    jeremy-t_doff_signiture5635.jpg
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
    Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard
  • trigon00721trigon00721 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am 100 percent behind this. Make the drops more fun, even stuff for your ready room on your ship.
  • jovolorojovoloro Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bump ! bumping for more attention.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    blznfun wrote: »
    BUMP

+1

I totally agree...

Actually if I had it my way, I would get rid of the rep system. It sucks and it stinks... (For obvious reasons = Grind)

It may suck for vet players, but for new guys, it's better than having to do the 200+ stfs for their mk XII gear that we had to.

However, I agree, give SOME loot back to STFs other than dil and BNPs (don't take those away though!!!).
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It may suck for vet players, but for new guys, it's better than having to do the 200+ stfs for their mk XII gear that we had to.

However, I agree, give SOME loot back to STFs other than dil and BNPs (don't take those away though!!!).

SOME Loot would be really nice. Like MKXII purple [ACC]x3 weapons :-P

At least some engines and deflectors to help with the EC costs of the reputation system ;-)
  • whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I couldn't agree more. The random loot drops at the end of STFs were largely what kept me coming, even long after I'd gathered my MACO set. There's something about the psychology of gambling that makes it inherently addictive, and therefore rewarding to replay.
  • eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just add some more reward (ex. consoles, weapons, engines, shields...)... Add them as a reward for optional.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This game needs loot not only for stfs but for each mission in the PvE menu.Each should have something unique that way you can be sure people will play it over and over and not complain about the grind.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jovoloro wrote: »
    My idea is to add fluff to PvE combat Boss mobs to add the element of surprise when you kill it. Right now its Boom hes dead an I got marks which I don`t need, I don`t feel compelled to run stfs for dilithium or marks, I like the anticipation of drops that are unique.

POST HERE IF YOU AGREE !! or post your ideas, but lets keep from conversation about what cryptic has done that people don`t agree on, lets focus on what will help with the FUN FACTOR, which is why we play !!

I dont mind grinding STFs for Dilithium either...but wouldn't mind the drops either...Good luck with it and do support it:)
    DUwNP.gif

• badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The big reason I am guessing why they were dropped is that MK XII blue/purp items were on the table, so it is/was possible to get MK XII weapons on the cheap, albeit rare. We can't have that now, can we!!!!
  • rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    at least a loot drop if you get the optional. just something that adds an element of surprise. i use to love it when i would get borg proto salvage or tech. i really miss that.
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Would be awesome to get some unique loot for these missions.

Then you know what will happen..

screaming * ah I cant get that special loot!, what.. is it like a .05% drop rate! ah rage! *

But TRIBBLE those people, give us something unique again to strive for.
    :eek: